d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1113211331134113511362039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Nov 6 2011 08:47pm
Quote (*StyLuS* @ Nov 6 2011 10:14pm)
couple questions about your Hypertrophy Routine

1. What is the difference between these 2 exercises - Bent over DB Rows SUPERSET w/ Lawnmower DB Rows

2. What is this exercise - one arm slow-decline lat raises

1. DB is an error, it should say BB (barbell)

2. One arm slow decline lat raises means you are doing a regular DB lat raise, but you are bringing it down SLOWLY on the way down, ensuring that you target the negative of each rep.
Gold: 3,804.50
Nov 6 2011 09:45pm
i've had problems throughout my life on the skin around my thumb nails. i'm not sure how exactly to explain it. on the sides of the nail on the skin, something grows out. when i put water, it stays soft and doesn't bother me much. but when it dries, it hardens. i have an annoying habit of touching it and peeling at it, which causes a little blood to come out if i do it enough. when it grows out i usually use nail clippers to remove em, but then they just grow out again.

it's on the side of the thumb facing the index finger, not on both sides. so my left hand it's on the left of the thumb next to the nail, and on my right hand it's on the right of the thumb next to the nail. i dont have a problem with any other finger.

how can i fix this problem? i just now clipped it, but i can take a pic in a few days if you dont know what i'm talking about
Nov 7 2011 01:00am
Quote (carteblanche @ Nov 6 2011 11:45pm)
i've had problems throughout my life on the skin around my thumb nails. i'm not sure how exactly to explain it. on the sides of the nail on the skin, something grows out. when i put water, it stays soft and doesn't bother me much. but when it dries, it hardens. i have an annoying habit of touching it and peeling at it, which causes a little blood to come out if i do it enough. when it grows out i usually use nail clippers to remove em, but then they just grow out again.

it's on the side of the thumb facing the index finger, not on both sides. so my left hand it's on the left of the thumb next to the nail, and on my right hand it's on the right of the thumb next to the nail. i dont have a problem with any other finger.

how can i fix this problem? i just now clipped it, but i can take a pic in a few days if you dont know what i'm talking about

Sounds like cuticle damage.

I personally do not specialize nor have any knowledge of treatment for cuticle related problems. However a quick google search yielded this:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/98235-heal-damaged-cuticle/

I'm sorry I can't do better for you.
Gold: 7,229.10
Nov 7 2011 01:42am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 5 2011 02:18am)
There are a few ways. First of all is dietary. Change your diet to only whole foods and eliminate certain things like dairy and all meats except for chicken. Drink lots of water (1+ gal a day) and also make sure to keep sugar intake relatively low and complex carb intake relatively high. Eliminate certain gas producing foods like beans and green veggies (except for lettuce).

In addition there are certain supplements and remedies to look into...including:

Apple Cider Vinegar
Activated Charcoal

I would also see a doctor as there are some medications that exist that can help the effects.

In addition frequent exercise tends to help rather than hurt. Also destressing techniques like yoga would be very helpful

Hey m8. Couple questions bout charcoal. When and how much of it I should be using it not to harm myself? Because I am reading that It lowers the nutrients absorption from supplements, vitamins and food. Let me know thnx
Gold: 1.00
Nov 7 2011 02:09am
hello, im 19 years old and work at a warehouse. the work consists of constantly lifting a range of objects varying in 20-40 pounds for a period of about 7-9 hours each day.
i work 4 days out of the week, friday thru saturday. i go in at 4 oclock each day and generally get off around 12 or 1 oclock.

im 6'1" and weigh 155 lbs, so im kinda skinny. my arms have somewhat nice definition but are not HUGE, but the chest needs work..
at the moment im mainly focused on bulking up on the upper body; chest, arms, abs, lats, etc.

when would be the optimal time for me to work out, before or after work? or maybe even on my days off?
and also, what kinds of exercises would your recommend for me to bulk up?
Gold: 0.10
Nov 7 2011 09:12am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 6 2011 09:47pm)
1. DB is an error, it should say BB (barbell)

2. One arm slow decline lat raises means you are doing a regular DB lat raise, but you are bringing it down SLOWLY on the way down, ensuring that you target the negative of each rep.

the plan has bent over BB rows already listed in it though at the end, is that supposed to be something else?

also referring to question #2, do I alternate arms as I do these or do 1 arm til failure and then the other arm til failure? oh and is it supposed to be a higher weight than the regular lat raises?

This post was edited by *StyLuS* on Nov 7 2011 09:12am
Nov 7 2011 10:50am
Quote (technique @ Nov 7 2011 03:42am)
Hey m8. Couple questions bout charcoal. When and how much of it I should be using it not to harm myself? Because I am reading that It lowers the nutrients absorption from supplements, vitamins and food. Let me know thnx

You want to take around 1,000-1,500 mg before eating a meal (either powder, pills, or tablets). You will do this for about 2 weeks (assuming you have no bad side effects) and see how you feel after that. It helps in the detoxification process.
Nov 7 2011 10:52am
Quote (cadizzle1392 @ Nov 7 2011 04:09am)
hello, im 19 years old and work at a warehouse. the work consists of constantly lifting a range of objects varying in 20-40 pounds for a period of about 7-9 hours each day.
i work 4 days out of the week, friday thru saturday. i go in at 4 oclock each day and generally get off around 12 or 1 oclock.

im 6'1" and weigh 155 lbs, so im kinda skinny. my arms have somewhat nice definition but are not HUGE, but the chest needs work..
at the moment im mainly focused on bulking up on the upper body; chest, arms, abs, lats, etc.

when would be the optimal time for me to work out, before or after work? or maybe even on my days off?
and also, what kinds of exercises would your recommend for me to bulk up?

Hey there.

Follow THIS routine:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=335896241
Bulking Diet, workout, and supplement guide

As far as the days/times go, I would recommend working out either before or after work - but probably afterwards would be better (mentally). As far as days off, you can also work out then. Just make sure you give yourself a FULL day off of everything and also that you get a full 8 hours of sleep each night. In addition to that, make sure you are taking in enough calories from clean sources and also getting enough protein. You also need to drink at least 1-1.5 gal of water per day.
Nov 7 2011 10:55am
Quote (*StyLuS* @ Nov 7 2011 11:12am)
the plan has bent over BB rows already listed in it though at the end, is that supposed to be something else?

also referring to question #2, do I alternate arms as I do these or do 1 arm til failure and then the other arm til failure? oh and is it supposed to be a higher weight than the regular lat raises?

I just re-read my plan and found it. Yes the DB rows and lawnmower rows are different.

The lawnmower rows are this:

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl0/1/12981/06_2008/bend-over-rows.jpg

The bent over DB rows are this:

http://blog.diakadibody.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/dual-DB-standing-row.jpg

Notice the grip difference and back positioning of each.

Also for lat raises, no, you are doing BOTH arms at the same time like this:

http://www.junglefitnessoc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/standing-shoulder-dumbbell-lateral-raise.gif

You should be going heavy enough to get a sufficient burn and pump.
Gold: 0.10
Nov 7 2011 12:05pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 7 2011 11:55am)
I just re-read my plan and found it. Yes the DB rows and lawnmower rows are different.

The lawnmower rows are this:

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl0/1/12981/06_2008/bend-over-rows.jpg

The bent over DB rows are this:

http://blog.diakadibody.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/dual-DB-standing-row.jpg

Notice the grip difference and back positioning of each.

Also for lat raises, no, you are doing BOTH arms at the same time like this:

http://www.junglefitnessoc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/standing-shoulder-dumbbell-lateral-raise.gif

You should be going heavy enough to get a sufficient burn and pump.

I understand the regular lat raises, what Im confused about is how to perform "1 arm slow-decline lat raises" that are supersetted with the regular lat raises

am I supposed to be doing these with a higher weight than what I used with the regular lat raises? Am I supposed to alternate arms or perform the set with one arm and then perform a set on the other? Just confused about what is making it "one armed"

This post was edited by *StyLuS* on Nov 7 2011 12:08pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1113211331134113511362039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll