d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev11121131141151162039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,501.12
Apr 4 2009 03:39pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Fri, Apr 3 2009, 02:41pm)
Hey there.

Ok here is the best way to arrange things:

Take 2g bcaa before workout, 2g every 45 mins during workout, and 2g immediately afterwards.

Consume roughly 15-20g simple sugar (grape juice is best) mix it with the 5g creatine monohydrate and take that down right after the workout - the banana is optional, but a good addition of post-workout potassium, sugar, and other nutrients.

However to fix the measure of convenience, you could try to purchase a creatine that already has dextrose added, so that you wouldn't even have to deal with the banana or juice. One large banana has approx 15-18g sugar...so you might have to do 1.5 bananas if you weigh 200lbs or over. If you are between 150-175, one banana is fine.

Hey there got a question about this post workout meal

So usually i take my 2 scoop whey protein shake post workout + creatine and pretty soon here i need to go buy some bcaas in which i will follow your advice as 2g - 2g -2g

But i was wondering does it matter if i work out kind of later like i usually get done at like 7:30 or 8:00 and than i'll end up going for like a 3 mile jog about 30 mins to an hour after or does it not matter and i should just have 2 scoops whey + creatine + bcaas + i'll start eating 20g simple sugar also.

And should i have anyhting after the run or just wait til bed time where ill eat cottage cheese?

Thanks.

EDIT: i dunno this might be worded kind of weird lol

This post was edited by shakeandbake47 on Apr 4 2009 03:39pm
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Apr 5 2009 12:52am
Quote (rustyo486 @ Sat, Apr 4 2009, 12:30am)
Hey, I really enjoy some of the advice you give, seems pretty solid.

But anyway, I just want to know if there is anything I should add into my workouts. I'm trying to gain strength, with out much bulk, weight is fine, as long as it's not fat (not a clean bulk though).

First, some stats.
Weight: 170-175 (varies through those)
Height: 5'10"
Body Fat%: 15% +-3%

I've been working out since I was 14 (swim coach made me start), on and off (never hardcore into it except when I was 16). I'm a swimmer, so that takes up a lot of my time, but I just finished my 4th NCAA year, so I'm pretty sure I'm done with it. Last summer I started training in Muay Thai and Brazilian Jujitsu 5 to 6 days a week when home, and never when at college.

I work out 5 to 6 days a week at the moment, and started a week and a half ago.

Mon-Wed-Fri
Squat 5x5 (going to either take off wed or fri on these and only do it 2 days a week) at 135
bench 5x5 at 135 (just started with benching, never really did it before)
flies 5x5 at 45 (on a crossover machine, what ever it's called)
incline flies 5x5 at 45 (same as above)
Pullups 3x8 (3 sets of 8)
Military press 5x5 at 65 (recoverign from tendinitis in my right shoulder)
Behind neck shoulder press 5x5 at 65
Shoulder rolls 5x5 at 185 (on bench bar)
back hyper extension 2x15 (no weight yet)
30 minute ab routine

Tue-Thur
Suicides 10 sets
Plyo circuit: x3
Squat jumps x8
Tuck jumps x8
Plyo push ups x8
Box jumps x8 (box at my knees)
Jump rope 1 minute (my rest)
then into the gym
Preachers 3x10
Incline curls 3x10
Bicep pull ups 3x8 (all I can do right now)
Hammer curls 3x10
21s
Skull Crushers 3x10
Triceps pull down 3x10
and two other triceps workouts I don't know the name to 3x10

I am also taking right now Multis (on), BCAA (on, pill), Omega 3 not sure compant off top of head), and Whey (my buddies Muscle Milk cause it's free, then gonna get On).

I can't really tailor my diet to the way I'd like as I'm at college, and can really only eat what they offer, but I try to watch what I eat to take care of myself a little bit. And I'm not the biggest cardio fan unless I'm fighting, so running isn't something I really look for adding.

You think of any exercises i should add, should I change to more reps, less weight, or keep with what I'm doing, any other advice?

Thanks in advanced!

Stick with what you currently have, run that course for 30 days. Check your weight, measurements, and strength increases at the end of the month and get back to me. At that point, we will change things around to better suit your needs if you are lacking in one or more departments.

However, until then, see what kind of gains you can get with this.

Just make sure your frequency of eating is every 2-3 hours, and that the foods you are eating are clean. Make sure you avoid sugar and certainly no simple carbs/sugar before bed. Also make sure to get enough good fat (at least 60g / day) in addition to all other fat, and of course the 250g minimum / protein / day.

Apr 5 2009 12:54am
Quote (shakeandbake47 @ Sat, Apr 4 2009, 05:39pm)
Hey there got a question about this post workout meal

So usually i take my 2 scoop whey protein shake post workout + creatine and pretty soon here i need to go buy some bcaas in which i will follow your advice as 2g - 2g -2g

But i was wondering does it matter if i work out kind of later like i usually get done at like 7:30 or 8:00 and than i'll end up going for like a 3 mile jog about 30 mins to an hour after or does it not matter and i should just have 2 scoops whey + creatine + bcaas + i'll start eating 20g simple sugar also.

And should i have anyhting after the run or just wait til bed time where ill eat cottage cheese?

Thanks.

EDIT: i dunno this might be worded kind of weird lol

Here's how to do it...

1. bcaa's + workouts
2. CARDIO + more bcaa's
3. grape/apple juice + creatine
4. 2 scoops whey
5. bedtime cottage cheese
Gold: 0.00
Apr 5 2009 01:08am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sun, Apr 5 2009, 06:52am)
Stick with what you currently have, run that course for 30 days. Check your weight, measurements, and strength increases at the end of the month and get back to me. At that point, we will change things around to better suit your needs if you are lacking in one or more departments.

However, until then, see what kind of gains you can get with this.

Just make sure your frequency of eating is every 2-3 hours, and that the foods you are eating are clean. Make sure you avoid sugar and certainly no simple carbs/sugar before bed. Also make sure to get enough good fat (at least 60g / day) in addition to all other fat, and of course the 250g minimum / protein / day.

Thanks for the advice, got one question about your answer, what qualifies as simple carbs?

If beer is in that category, is it ok to have once a week?
Apr 5 2009 01:05pm
Quote (rustyo486 @ Sun, Apr 5 2009, 03:08am)
Thanks for the advice, got one question about your answer, what qualifies as simple carbs?

If beer is in that category, is it ok to have once a week?

Haha...no unfortunately...you should avoid beer because of the alcoholic content....if you absolutely have to have beer...do not go to excess...2-3 beers once a week is really the most I could say...but if you are trying to cut bodyfat...no beer at all.

simple carbs = White flour, white rice, regular potato, sugar, fruit, etc.
complex carbs = whole grains pasta, brown rice, whole grain breads, oatmeal, sweet potato, etc.
Apr 5 2009 02:14pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sat, Apr 4 2009, 10:54pm)
Here's how to do it...

1. bcaa's + workouts
2. CARDIO + more bcaa's
3. grape/apple juice + creatine
4. 2 scoops whey
5. bedtime cottage cheese

So i shouldn't take my whey after i workout but i should take it after my run? and also how much should i be taking like...

2g pre workout
2g every 45 min during workout
2g after
Run
another 2g?
Apr 5 2009 04:51pm
Quote (shakeandbake47 @ Sun, Apr 5 2009, 04:14pm)
So i shouldn't take my whey after i workout but i should take it after my run? and also how much should i be taking like...

2g pre workout
2g every 45 min during workout
2g after
Run
another 2g?

exactly!
Apr 5 2009 05:15pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sun, Apr 5 2009, 02:51pm)
exactly!

Sounds good thank you very much.
Gold: 290.00
Apr 5 2009 08:38pm
hey, thanks for the reply earlier.

Well here is one of my own problems,
when i work out my shoulders (mainly when i do side lats) for some reason my shoulders are uneven
as in my right one is higher than my left, its quite noticeable in the mirror.
if i try to push out lats, i start getting random, sharp bursts of pain in my shoulders.
I've laid off the heavier weights now, but i dont know why my shoulders are unstable.

My friend told me to do broomsticks (or something like that, not sure what its called) which I've been doing but i also heard it could be because of back problems?
not sure what to do.

Apr 5 2009 10:52pm
Quote (ShinAkuma @ Sun, Apr 5 2009, 10:38pm)
hey, thanks for the reply earlier.

Well here is one of my own problems,
when i work out my shoulders (mainly when i do side lats) for some reason my shoulders are uneven
as in my right one is higher than my left, its quite noticeable in the mirror.
if i try to push out lats, i start getting random, sharp bursts of pain in my shoulders.
I've laid off the heavier weights now, but i dont know why my shoulders are unstable.

My friend told me to do broomsticks (or something like that, not sure what its called) which I've been doing but i also heard it could be because of back problems?
not sure what to do.

Hey there.

Very common problem you have - your spinal alignment is way off. This happens over time from improper lifting techniques, or sleeping weird, or having flat feet with no arch supports in your shoes.

Easy to fix.

See a chiropractor - after a few adjustments over the course of about a month, you'll be almost 100%

I know dozens of people that have this same problem, this is the right way to get it fixed.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev11121131141151162039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll