d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev11111121131141152039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 165.00
Apr 3 2009 03:35pm
I'm surprised both of you "so knowledged guys" are argueing over lifts.

One of you mentionned muscle maturity. That is entirely correct. But did you both forget that come to a certain point in weights, going any higher is alot harder. Not just in bodyweight but in max lifts as well.

You can't keep the same going rate all the time. Or else you'd regularly see 8000 pounds guys lifting planets.

Your lifts are good, but your % at 190-200 (which seems to be the most efficient weight class) can hardly be beaten by a 280 pounds guy.
Gold: 15.21
Apr 3 2009 03:38pm
Quote (CMBurns @ Fri, Apr 3 2009, 09:35pm)
I'm surprised both of you "so knowledged guys" are argueing over lifts.

One of you mentionned muscle maturity. That is entirely correct. But did you both forget that come to a certain point in weights, going any higher is alot harder. Not just in bodyweight but in max lifts as well.

You can't keep the same going rate all the time. Or else you'd regularly see 8000 pounds guys lifting planets.

Your lifts are good, but your % at 190-200 (which seems to be the most efficient weight class) can hardly be beaten by a 280 pounds guy.

I admire your patience.

ONCE AGAIN -- I don't claim to be "knowledged" by any means. Far from it, I say repeatedly I'm here to learn from everyone. This all started because of 1 issue... PWO Nutrition.

This post was edited by Rucka on Apr 3 2009 03:39pm
Apr 3 2009 03:42pm
Quote (Rucka @ Fri, 3 Apr 2009, 16:38)
I admire your patience.

ONCE AGAIN -- I don't claim to be "knowledged" by any means. Far from it, I say repeatedly I'm here to learn from everyone. This all started because of 1 issue... PWO Nutrition.

I do have to admit he's a bit over clouds in terms of ego.

I'm impressed he spent so much dedicated time helping people out here, I really do. But it's extremely hard for me to respect someone who's ego is bigger than the moon.
Gold: 71.02
Apr 3 2009 03:46pm
Raynor:

i hear all this talk about spiking insulin levels post workout. after i lift i take 2 scoops of whey, 5g plain old creatine monohydrate, 5g bcaa, and a big ass banana (seriously they're huge. they are the ron jeremy of bananas.) so does the banana have enough simple carbs to put my insulin where it needs to be? if not what should i replace it with? i'd prefer a whole food over some kind of supp, mostly because i have to do all this in my car on the way from the gym to work. so convenience is an issue.

thanks in advance, man
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Apr 3 2009 04:29pm
Quote (Babolat @ Fri, Apr 3 2009, 03:26pm)
Was wondering if too much peanut butter in your diet is a bad thing.  I heard peanut butter is great for bulking, was wondering if you can overdo it.

Well certainly you can overdo anything nutritionally...however if you stick with 100% natural peanut butter...it's a good addition to almost any diet. How much are we talking about here?
Apr 3 2009 04:35pm
Quote (Rucka @ Fri, Apr 3 2009, 05:03pm)
lol

speaking of epic fail...

notice "From www.t-nation.com" and the quotes around that? Do I claim to write any of that? It's simply one example of writing that supports what I am saying. Not citing page numbers is a lot better than what you're doing.

I understand you are raging right now and find the need to smash your keyboard furiously in these long-winded attempts to discredit me (by saying I plagiarize) -- laughable

Continue to impress us with your SUPERIOR EGO

"This astounds me. next time you try to come off as a brilliant sage, who knows everything about post-workout nutrition and the biology of the human body in relation to aminos and uptake...please at least TRY to do your OWN research, and not rip off some guy on the internet - who also probably ripped off most of his sources."

I've already addressed the MAIN POINT you are trying to make which just demonstrates you didn't even read the post I made (interesting). Secondly, where do I claim to be a sage? This is your own idea, your own perspective because you feel threatened (see my argument about ego/being challenged)

"And now lets wrap it up with a little talk about Justin Harris. You want to prove your point because ONE bodybuilder that you have read an article about (who also owns Troponin Nutrition) says some of the things that you happen to agree with unconditionally. First off, if one of the MANY bodybuilders that I lift with (or have lifted with) are "taking gear" - very easily so could your famed Justin Harris. So lets not get off topic."

Mr. Florida. The fact that Justin Harris took or is taking steroids is NOT the issue. The issue is of post-workout nutrition. Am I saying if you do what you say, your muscle will turn into butter? No, we're simply discussing optimal ways of doing things.

"Before I even continue, lets get a few things straight. I am not a pro-card bodybuilder. I am a professional in the sport of bodybuilding, power lifting, nutrition, fitness, anatomy/physiology, and biology. I lift as a hobby, not as a professional. Please name one bodybuilder you know that also attends medical school and works (which totals to 80 hours per week!). Exactly. So before you try to start comparing me to people, understand this, I never once tried to say that I was the best 191 lb (bulked) bodybuilder there is...I never once said there were others who aren't bigger, stronger, faster, or better than me in the sport - there are TONS. However, not one of them goes to med school, or helps people online free of charge, or dedicates themselves to their clients at work. "

Hey Mr. Ego, I know it helps you sleep at night thinking your life is so grand and you're so unique, but honestly, get over yourself. You've just spent so much time ranting about post-workout nutrition when I simply said "Hey, I think this is a better idea" Go to class or something

"First off he weighs over 280lbs off season. That is nearly 100 lbs more than me in my off season....not 50 lbs as you stated. (as bad at math as you are at researching things on your own?)

In addition, he has several years of age more than me as well, muscle maturity is an important factor here.

Moreover, his lifts are the following @ 280 lbs.

876lb squat (313% squat)
573lb bench (204% bench)
700lb deadlift (250% deadlift)

(source: http://insidebodybuilding.***/2007/05/brand-new-bodybuildingprocom-interview.html)

if you insist on comparing, here are mine @ 190 lbs.

455 squat ATG (223% squat)
405lb bench (213% bench)
425lb deadlift x2 (224% deadlift for 2 reps)

So yes, he has better percentages than me on the squat...which was probably a 90 degree and not an ATG squat....my bench is slightly better....and his deadlift was for one rep and not two..."

At this point I can't take you seriously. I honestly can't. To put his lifts and your lifts side by side and to say what you just said shows how little you understand. You have no clue man. I don't know why I am bothering with someone who doesn't even know what it's like to have 500 pounds on their back.

"In essence, I'm not impressed at all, considering that this man is a dedicated full time bodybuilder, who is several years older than me. You failed to manage to even provide someone impressive enough to make one bit of difference.

Had you shown me evidence of Jay Cutler, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Flex Wheeler, Franco Columbu, Dorian Yates, etc etc etc. Agreeing with your points 100% (and not for a supplement ad) , then I might take them into furthered research."

Let me just stop you before you make an absolute travesty of someone who is so much more accomplished than you. Justin Harris is not a full time bodybuilder. He's competed in a bodybuilding show and he's also done powerlifting meets. However, like you said, he owns a company, has a family and works tirelessly. And don't be so high on your horse, check elitefts.com, he gives FREE training advice CONSTANTLY to COUNTLESS more people than you and for years longer.

I guess the UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI MEDICAL SCHOOL is just where all the superior humans are studying. If you're here to offer free help to people, do it. I've decided to challenge one of your ideas and you've been saying the same things in all your rants... because that's what they are. Rants.

Also -- BCAA mass loading, sure do it, it's not convenient but it has it's benefits. Poliquin, I mentioned it already.

Delusional, that's what you are. If you see an 850+ squat and you think what you just posted in your head, you have ISSUES.
\

Ouch...sounds like someone is mad that I called him out on his plagiarism - and caught him trying to act like he knows what he's talking about...when he doesn't.

you didn't give all the credit to t-nation, heres what u said:

"Unfortunately, even the highly touted whey isolate is completely useless for our timing purposes here, because it just takes too long to get taken up by the gut (Dangin et al., 2002). This is all discussed in more detail in the official product review of Surge, complete with graphs of blood amino acid profiles: http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459463"

thats all you said.

You never said, here I am going to copy paste an entire article from t-nation and paste it as my own, along with 29 sources that I haven't even read, but I think they might make sence and will certainly justify my point.

BTW - post up some pics of you or something with your superior post-workout strategy and eternal fitness knowledge (make sure to hold apiece of paper saying JSP or something so we know you didn't plagiarizer the pics like you did your "research"

Not gonna do it? maybe its because you are too eager to try and fight a point that's wrong.

Get out of the thread - go bother someone else who cares and has time for your BS.

Apr 3 2009 04:37pm
Quote (CMBurns @ Fri, Apr 3 2009, 05:42pm)
I do have to admit he's a bit over clouds in terms of ego.

I'm impressed he spent so much dedicated time helping people out here, I really do. But it's extremely hard for me to respect someone who's ego is bigger than the moon.

1. A person comes in the thread where I give advice - then tells me how to do things.

2. I retort with the corrections to his original ideas, proving them wrong.

3. He fires back with googled info, copy pastes it into the box, and lets fly - hoping to prove his point.

4. I spent more time on here than anyone else, doing so much for everyone, that I have ZERO TOLERANCE to be challenged for the sake or arguement. This is not a debate thread. Do you walk up to trainers at the gym and say "hey pal you're training this guy wrong..". No, of course not. Do not tell me how to do things in my thread that I use to help everyone else.

It is a matter of respect, which I have received none from the likes of either of you apparently.

if you don't like how things are conducted here, leave.
Apr 3 2009 04:41pm
Quote (hoodang329 @ Fri, Apr 3 2009, 05:46pm)
Raynor:

i hear all this talk about spiking insulin levels post workout.  after i lift i take 2 scoops of whey, 5g plain old creatine monohydrate, 5g bcaa, and a big ass banana (seriously they're huge. they are the ron jeremy of bananas.)  so does the banana have enough simple carbs to put my insulin where it needs to be?  if not what should i replace it with?  i'd prefer a whole food over some kind of supp, mostly because i have to do all this in my car on the way from the gym to work. so convenience is an issue.

thanks in advance, man

Hey there.

Ok here is the best way to arrange things:

Take 2g bcaa before workout, 2g every 45 mins during workout, and 2g immediately afterwards.

Consume roughly 15-20g simple sugar (grape juice is best) mix it with the 5g creatine monohydrate and take that down right after the workout - the banana is optional, but a good addition of post-workout potassium, sugar, and other nutrients.

However to fix the measure of convenience, you could try to purchase a creatine that already has dextrose added, so that you wouldn't even have to deal with the banana or juice. One large banana has approx 15-18g sugar...so you might have to do 1.5 bananas if you weigh 200lbs or over. If you are between 150-175, one banana is fine.

Apr 3 2009 07:38pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Fri, 3 Apr 2009, 17:37)
1. A person comes in the thread where I give advice - then tells me how to do things.

2. I retort with the corrections to his original ideas, proving them wrong.

3. He fires back with googled info, copy pastes it into the box, and lets fly - hoping to prove his point.

4. I spent more time on here than anyone else, doing so much for everyone, that I have ZERO TOLERANCE to be challenged for the sake or arguement. This is not a debate thread. Do you walk up to trainers at the gym and say "hey pal you're training this guy wrong..". No, of course not. Do not tell me how to do things in my thread that I use to help everyone else.

It is a matter of respect, which I have received none from the likes of either of you apparently.

if you don't like how things are conducted here, leave.

It's sad to see someone so competent be so grumpy and susceptible. I never judged the arguement, merely your comment about lifts which was flawed, no matter what you say. It's obvious if you had given this a 2nd thought rather than acting like a 5 year old going like "OH YEA IM NOT IMPRESSED, IM THE BEST" you would realize I was right. You would also look alot less like someone way over his head.

I noticed a fuck ton of valueable information concerning dieting in this thread, but also a few sparks of "full of himself". That's why I have a hard time respecting the great things you're doing. Quit the attitude, it won't get you anywhere. And keep on doing what you do best, I won't stop you.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 3 2009 10:30pm
Hey, I really enjoy some of the advice you give, seems pretty solid.

But anyway, I just want to know if there is anything I should add into my workouts. I'm trying to gain strength, with out much bulk, weight is fine, as long as it's not fat (not a clean bulk though).

First, some stats.
Weight: 170-175 (varies through those)
Height: 5'10"
Body Fat%: 15% +-3%

I've been working out since I was 14 (swim coach made me start), on and off (never hardcore into it except when I was 16). I'm a swimmer, so that takes up a lot of my time, but I just finished my 4th NCAA year, so I'm pretty sure I'm done with it. Last summer I started training in Muay Thai and Brazilian Jujitsu 5 to 6 days a week when home, and never when at college.

I work out 5 to 6 days a week at the moment, and started a week and a half ago.

Mon-Wed-Fri
Squat 5x5 (going to either take off wed or fri on these and only do it 2 days a week) at 135
bench 5x5 at 135 (just started with benching, never really did it before)
flies 5x5 at 45 (on a crossover machine, what ever it's called)
incline flies 5x5 at 45 (same as above)
Pullups 3x8 (3 sets of 8)
Military press 5x5 at 65 (recoverign from tendinitis in my right shoulder)
Behind neck shoulder press 5x5 at 65
Shoulder rolls 5x5 at 185 (on bench bar)
back hyper extension 2x15 (no weight yet)
30 minute ab routine

Tue-Thur
Suicides 10 sets
Plyo circuit: x3
Squat jumps x8
Tuck jumps x8
Plyo push ups x8
Box jumps x8 (box at my knees)
Jump rope 1 minute (my rest)
then into the gym
Preachers 3x10
Incline curls 3x10
Bicep pull ups 3x8 (all I can do right now)
Hammer curls 3x10
21s
Skull Crushers 3x10
Triceps pull down 3x10
and two other triceps workouts I don't know the name to 3x10

I am also taking right now Multis (on), BCAA (on, pill), Omega 3 not sure compant off top of head), and Whey (my buddies Muscle Milk cause it's free, then gonna get On).

I can't really tailor my diet to the way I'd like as I'm at college, and can really only eat what they offer, but I try to watch what I eat to take care of myself a little bit. And I'm not the biggest cardio fan unless I'm fighting, so running isn't something I really look for adding.

You think of any exercises i should add, should I change to more reps, less weight, or keep with what I'm doing, any other advice?

Thanks in advanced!
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev11111121131141152039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll