d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1111211131114111511162039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Oct 25 2011 07:08pm
Quote (GSXR @ Oct 25 2011 06:23pm)
Shit sorry forgot I can't edit, sigh but was kind of curious,

Whats the best carb source for me trying to stay somewhat lean all year round? (under 10% bf)

Obviously from veggies

but

Sweet potatoes? Yams? Oat meal? Or? what would you say is the least dense?

oatmeal is usually the best source of complex carbs...right along with sweet potatoes ;-)
Oct 25 2011 07:08pm
Quote (ericrower @ Oct 25 2011 06:47pm)
Hey I need a diet plan/workout plan to loose 15-20 pounds in about 5 weeks maybe sooner would be cool.. I'm 6.0 197 pounds and im not sure of my body fat %

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=304616466
anabolic cutting diet (cyclical keto diet)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=304396247
Cutting Workout Routine (6 day all equipment)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=330745031
Abs Workout Routine
Oct 25 2011 07:16pm
Quote (BarnabyJones @ Oct 25 2011 07:23pm)
ok so i think my adductor in my left leg is inflamed. are there any physical therapy exercises or advice you can give me to fix the inflammation? i get a stabbing pain in the top most part of my quad/adductor near the inner most part of my thigh. i stared getting the pain a few months ago after one of the last sets of squats when i was squatting 210lbs. i remember going deep with good form and BAM stabbing pain. i think i am prone to these inflammations because of my genetics but i'd like to know if theres anything i can do before seeing a doctor and him telling me the obvious bullshit about resting and taking drugs, ice, heat, etc.

i have thought up a few ways to work the muscle already since i'm a personal trainer also. one thing i devised was isometric standing leg raises and isometric lying down leg raises. when i've been to physical therapy in the past also of the exercises they gave me where isometric and they helped cure my pain. can you think of anything thats might help raynor? also i only get the pain when i squat not when i dead lift. maybe some slight discomfort when i dead lift but it goes away. should i stop squatting for a while since i get pain when i do exercises like lunges and squats and not stop dead lifting? i don't want to neglect my legs i think i could still train upper body and do dead lifts without having to stop exercising entirely because of my injury. does that seem like a smart idea?

thanks.

Before we go any further, we need a better reason for this continued injury instead of just genetics.

The going deep part might be the issue here. Some people squatting too deep causes a lot of problems and it generally just isn't worth it.

I would highly recommend you try to do 90 degrees only. In the process, I want you to wrap your knees. The reason I am recommending knee wraps is because this will actually help stabilize your entire leg. There is a possibility your knees are not supporting the weight properly and going in on a bad angle and thus translating awkward amounts of weight onto the adductors. This is NOT uncommon.

Secondly, you obviously know to ice/rest and use ibuprofen as needed. No seriously, this is important for basic recovery. You can continue to do upper body, but take 1 week off of lower body (along with the previous mentioned items)

Thirdly as far as stretches and exercises to reduce the pain, I would recommend kneeling, then slowly start separating your legs (still in the kneeling position) so that you gradually transfer your weight from the shins to the inner legs. Only go as far as you can until you feel pain. You can also try one leg at a time in this fashion.

Fourthly, you want to lay on your back and bring your knee up towards your chest and then slowly start pulling it out and away from your body one leg at a time. Only go as far as you can until pain is felt, then ease up a bit.

Hope this helps!
Gold: 96,981.95
Oct 25 2011 07:48pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 25 2011 09:16pm)
Before we go any further, we need a better reason for this continued injury instead of just genetics.

The going deep part might be the issue here. Some people squatting too deep causes a lot of problems and it generally just isn't worth it.

I would highly recommend you try to do 90 degrees only. In the process, I want you to wrap your knees. The reason I am recommending knee wraps is because this will actually help stabilize your entire leg. There is a possibility your knees are not supporting the weight properly and going in on a bad angle and thus translating awkward amounts of weight onto the adductors. This is NOT uncommon.

Secondly, you obviously know to ice/rest and use ibuprofen as needed. No seriously, this is important for basic recovery. You can continue to do upper body, but take 1 week off of lower body (along with the previous mentioned items)

Thirdly as far as stretches and exercises to reduce the pain, I would recommend kneeling, then slowly start separating your legs (still in the kneeling position) so that you gradually transfer your weight from the shins to the inner legs. Only go as far as you can until you feel pain. You can also try one leg at a time in this fashion.

Fourthly, you want to lay on your back and bring your knee up towards your chest and then slowly start pulling it out and away from your body one leg at a time. Only go as far as you can until pain is felt, then ease up a bit.

Hope this helps!

well the reason why i say this is genetic is because i'm hypermobile. my fingers can hyper extend and i'm pretty flexible. i've had issues in the past with inflammation in my finger from overplaying bass guitar, inflammation in muscles in my back from working out, now this from squatting.

90 degrees sounds right since i did that today with squatting and no pain from the act of squatting. i did get pain after i racked the weight just from standing.

i took 2 weeks off from lifting after the initial injury but mostly because it was my deload. after the 2 weeks no pain but then again i wasn't squatting then i come back and i start getting pain again.

as for stretching if i where to do that stretch lying on my back i would not be able to bring my hip into flexsion way because i get pain.

are there any isometric exercises you would suggest for me to do? like tying a exercise band to my foot and adducting my my leg like that? also what about dead lifts? should i still do them since squatting is the issue? or just stop all lower body exercise in general?

thanks!
Oct 25 2011 07:53pm
Quote (BarnabyJones @ Oct 25 2011 09:48pm)
well the reason why i say this is genetic is because i'm hypermobile. my fingers can hyper extend and i'm pretty flexible. i've had issues in the past with inflammation in my finger from overplaying bass guitar, inflammation in muscles in my back from working out, now this from squatting.

90 degrees sounds right since i did that today with squatting and no pain from the act of squatting. i did get pain after i racked the weight just from standing.

i took 2 weeks off from lifting after the initial injury but mostly because it was my deload. after the 2 weeks no pain but then again i wasn't squatting then i come back and i start getting pain again.

as for stretching if i where to do that stretch lying on my back i would not be able to bring my hip into flexsion way because i get pain.

are there any isometric exercises you would suggest for me to do? like tying a exercise band to my foot and adducting my my leg like that? also what about dead lifts? should i still do them since squatting is the issue? or just stop all lower body exercise in general?

thanks!

Hmm...after considering your issue further I have come up with a few suggestions.

Avoid the stretch where you lay on your back.

In addition, avoid anything isometric for fear that you can actually end up causing more damage if you extend too far. At this point, let's treat the issue directly and get rid of that inflammation. Once the inflammation is gone, we will work on mobility.

I don't think we should have you doing both at once in order to minimize the chance of a setback.

edit: I forgot about deadlfits...yes please avoid those for the next week or so.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Oct 25 2011 07:54pm
Gold: 0.00
Oct 25 2011 08:22pm
best way to get in shape and not gassed for wrestling?
Gold: 96,981.95
Oct 25 2011 08:23pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 25 2011 09:53pm)
Hmm...after considering your issue further I have come up with a few suggestions.

Avoid the stretch where you lay on your back.

In addition, avoid anything isometric for fear that you can actually end up causing more damage if you extend too far. At this point, let's treat the issue directly and get rid of that inflammation. Once the inflammation is gone, we will work on mobility.

I don't think we should have you doing both at once in order to minimize the chance of a setback.

edit: I forgot about deadlfits...yes please avoid those for the next week or so.

well the thing is with the isometric stuff thats has what has always helped me in PT. i've been doing parcial isometric leg lifts like i lift my leg while lying down maybe 2-3 inchs and i just hold it for maybe 15 seconds. it feels nice and it helps a little bit but maybe there is a better way to work the muscles that are bothering me.

@ bolded NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :cry:

This post was edited by BarnabyJones on Oct 25 2011 08:25pm
Gold: 75.00
Oct 25 2011 08:58pm
Raynor, I've read that rows increase the lat's thickness and pull ups gives you the width = v-taper. Any truth to this?
Gold: 1,350.00
Oct 25 2011 11:22pm
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Oct 25 2011 06:58pm)
Raynor, I've read that rows increase the lat's thickness and pull ups gives you the width = v-taper. Any truth to this?

according to scooby it does at least for the pull ups

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player%5Fembedded&v=QZF0Uz7rty8

This post was edited by PETERCOTTONTAIL on Oct 25 2011 11:23pm
Gold: 0.23
Oct 26 2011 12:10am
Quote (abcboyz @ 25 Oct 2011 11:31)
i heard you have to deload off pre workout supps so you dont build tolerance
whats the time frames on and off?

iso answer plz =(
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1111211131114111511162039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll