d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1109810991100110111022039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Oct 21 2011 10:37am
Quote (CAJAGISAN @ Oct 21 2011 05:21am)
Good morning Raynor,

i'd like to ask...

if after the training..one the following day or two someone doesn't feel pain in the muscles he trained..does that mean muscles will not grow or become stronger and the training was insufficient?

NB: i'd like you to answer this 1st for natural bodybuilders and 2nd for steroid users ( cause what i just think is.. that steroids might regenerate muscles quickly or the taining will not cause muscle tissue getting damaged or overtrained or filled with lactacid ) and they will grow anyway..

thanks in advance

Feeling pain in the muscles the day after, or several days after a workout is indicative of NOT lactic acid build up, but instead DOMS (Delayed onset muscle soreness). The burn you feel at the gym during training, that is lactic acid. But the pain later is the feeling of the muscle fibers being torn (microscopically) and having to regrow from that trauma. Technically you should always feel at least slight discomfort days after a workout for that particular group. If you are feeling absolutely nothing, it means you are NOT training hard enough. You need to focus more on your form, slow the reps down, put more emphasis on the negative, and maybe even do more volume and exercises. This applies to both regular and steroid users.

Oct 21 2011 10:39am
Quote (factor_z @ Oct 21 2011 12:34pm)
Hey Raynor.

In my opinion, they should "sticky" your guides making it more user friendly for people who want to know your routines, diets, splits, etc.

As of right now, everytime I want to check something out, I have to try to remember what page I read it on and hope it isn't too far down because I normally have to scroll down a few hundred pages to find it.

Wish you the best of luck in all your projects! Hitting the gym as of tomorow with your cutting workout routine and non keto cutting diet!

Alex

Hey man, thanks for the good words. I have proposed this before and received no reply from mods. It needs to be a separate sticky that I have access to post but is otherwise locked. I would put the complete list of diets/training routines/and guides in there. Maybe one day they will listen.

as for now, good luck, I hope you see great results!
Gold: 0.10
Oct 21 2011 11:19am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 21 2011 11:39am)
Hey man, thanks for the good words. I have proposed this before and received no reply from mods. It needs to be a separate sticky that I have access to post but is otherwise locked. I would put the complete list of diets/training routines/and guides in there. Maybe one day they will listen.

as for now, good luck, I hope you see great results!

you should just put a compiled list of all your guides and such in your profile, that way people would still have an easy way to access them. I hate having to go through hundreds of pages just to find mention of one of many of your useful guides
Oct 21 2011 11:24am
Quote (*StyLuS* @ Oct 21 2011 01:19pm)
you should just put a compiled list of all your guides and such in your profile, that way people would still have an easy way to access them. I hate having to go through hundreds of pages just to find mention of one of many of your useful guides

I have no room in my profile.

I'm at 9,980 characters out of 10,000.

edit::

If you need a guide, please just ask me for it, and I'd be glad to help you =)

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Oct 21 2011 11:24am
Gold: 125.00
Oct 21 2011 11:27am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 21 2011 09:32am)
Let me ask you a few questions:

1. when did this start?
2. do any exercises make it worse?
3. does the pain ever get extremely sharp and intolerable?
4. does anything make it feel better?
5. have you had any injuries there before?

1. Started less than a year ago, but about that.
2. I don't notice any exercises making it worse, though I do notice it more the days following when I do push movements like tricep pushdowns, skull crushers, etc.
3. The pain hasn't gotten intolerable when lifting. It's almost like a blunt sharpness (think if a sharp pain were a pin, this is more like a tack which is a bit more blunt but still sharp).
4. I don't really know if anything makes it feel better. I don't feel anything if I'm not doing tricep movements usually.
5. Nope never had an injury there before.

I should note my right side feels similar to my left side, but it's my left elbow tingling that seems to be the biggest issue.

I remember it all started for my left elbow when I stretched my arm out fully and locked my elbow out. I got a painful tingling sensation that lasted for a while, and then it started to hurt to even move my arm (by the elbow) into extended position and back to neutral, just walking around casually. edit: When I say that, I mean it hurt like that for about a week following that injury.[/b]

Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 21 2011 09:34am)
Independent is actually better...this way your stronger side doesn't take over and get a small percentage more than the weaker side. With independent arms you are able to keep things pretty even and truly isolate. Great machine choice in my opinion.

Sweet! :) Glad to hear.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Oct 21 2011 11:36am
Oct 21 2011 11:35am
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Oct 21 2011 01:27pm)
1. Started less than a year ago, but about that.
2. I don't notice any exercises making it worse, though I do notice it more the days following when I do push movements like tricep pushdowns, skull crushers, etc.
3. The pain hasn't gotten intolerable when lifting. It's almost like a blunt sharpness (think if a sharp pain were a pin, this is more like a tack which is a bit more blunt but still sharp).
4. I don't really know if anything makes it feel better. I don't feel anything if I'm not doing tricep movements usually.
5. Nope never had an injury there before.

I should note my right side feels similar to my left side, but it's my left elbow tingling that seems to be the biggest issue.

I remember it all started for my left elbow when I stretched my arm out fully and locked my elbow out. I got a painful tingling sensation that lasted for a while, and then it started to hurt to even move my arm (by the elbow) into extended position and back to neutral, just walking around casually.

Sweet! :) Glad to hear.

It sounds most closely of tendonitis. The solution for this is, take 1 week off of training, ice the elbow(s) 3-4 times a day for 15-20 minutes each time. Take ibuprofen twice a day (or as needed). Keep the elbows lightly stretched to maintain mobility (meaning extend your arms out fully several times a day), and also make sure you are drinking enough water (at least 1.5 gal a day)

after a week your condition should improve. You can start using elbow sleeves for the next 4 weeks of training to help prevent further problems. After that you can gradually take the sleeves off and go back to raw.
Gold: 125.00
Oct 21 2011 11:37am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 21 2011 10:35am)
It sounds most closely of tendonitis. The solution for this is, take 1 week off of training, ice the elbow(s) 3-4 times a day for 15-20 minutes each time. Take ibuprofen twice a day (or as needed). Keep the elbows lightly stretched to maintain mobility (meaning extend your arms out fully several times a day), and also make sure you are drinking enough water (at least 1.5 gal a day)

after a week your condition should improve. You can start using elbow sleeves for the next 4 weeks of training to help prevent further problems. After that you can gradually take the sleeves off and go back to raw.

The part I don't get is that since this injury (feels weird calling it an injury the way it is), I've had time where I literally didn't work out for a month+. So I figure I gave enough rest.

Would this rest time have been useless because I didn't do the other things you are recommending I do within that rest period?

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Oct 21 2011 11:37am
Oct 21 2011 12:08pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Oct 21 2011 01:37pm)
The part I don't get is that since this injury (feels weird calling it an injury the way it is), I've had time where I literally didn't work out for a month+. So I figure I gave enough rest.

Would this rest time have been useless because I didn't do the other things you are recommending I do within that rest period?

Rest alone might be be good enough - try the ice/ibuprofen for a week, and wear the elbow sleeves while training after that and see how it works for you...let's go from there
Gold: 18,204.00
Oct 21 2011 01:18pm
Hey Raynor! Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate everything you have done for this community, and I'm glad you decided not to leave! You allowed me to lose 60 lbs! Couldn't have done it without you. <3

So, on to my question!

Situation: I am sitting at 215 lbs at the moment. I got down to 205 (no carbs) and school started and it lead to me having my diet being sub par. I eat well but not consistently well like I used to. So, basically, I have put back on all the carb weight. No problem.

The problem: My strength has been almost god-like compared to when I was cutting. I went from benching 235x3 to 255x6 in a matter of a couple of weeks (When I was cutting and since I've stopped cutting as well). Keep in mind I haven't been benching this whole time I have been cutting (Other than a few times here and there) Incline: I went from 205x2-3 to 235x6 today. Also, Hit 100 db benchx11, when I have only ever hit 100x6 even at my strongest!
Basically, I have been hitting huge prs that I have never even hit in my entire life. Stronger than ever. Feels amazing.

Now, I am trying to decide what to do. I am roughly 15% bf. I know I should cut, but I have been so demotivated especially after hitting these huge gains which make me want to bulk so bad.

My Choices:
Have you ever heard of recomping with Alan Aragon I believe? Basically, 20% surplus of calories on workout days. 20% deficient on non-workout days and it should lead to a gradual gain of muscle.

Continue to cut on regular calorie deficient diet and try to lose weight as quickly as possible so I can bulk! (NN keto. Tired of that. Pissed me off )

What do you think! I am so confused and I want to keep this strength moving! I am feeling very motivated about the strength, which is making me less motivated for cutting :rofl:

This post was edited by PureOwnage2 on Oct 21 2011 01:19pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 21 2011 03:21pm
Hey man, i have a lot of blood in my stool recently prolly the last 2-3 weeks, im following your non keto cutting diet and im working out with your 6 day split,

But being back at school been drinking abit occassionaly as well... Whats going on??
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1109810991100110111022039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll