d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1109510961097109810992039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Oct 20 2011 01:25am
Quote (Aimed_Shot @ Oct 20 2011 02:26am)
Hi, I'm currently taking 18mg/day of concerta (adhd medication.) Besides the fact that it reduces my appetite, could they be having a detrimental effect on my mass gains? Keep in mind I've still been following my diet pretty consistently even with no appetite.

Thanks. Appreciate it

Yes, all ADHD medications can cause deleterious effects on lean mass gains. You will need to eat more to compensate for the increased metabolism caused by the stimulant effects of ADHD medication. ADHD meds are stimulants but act by using the "paradoxical effect" which uses a stimulant to calm an already stimulated person. Coffee and caffeine can also be used to some degree in the same way.

Why do you take ADHD medication curiously?
Gold: 0.05
Warn: 60%
Oct 20 2011 01:47am
my friend wants to know how he can reduce his gag reflex (or remove it completly)

any tips? (serious)
Gold: 0.05
Warn: 60%
Oct 20 2011 01:54am
Quote (Ladsy @ Oct 20 2011 03:47pm)
my friend wants to know how he can reduce his gag reflex (or remove it completly)

any tips? (serious)

edit; this is not a gay thing its a other thing
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Oct 20 2011 02:24am
Quote (Ladsy @ Oct 20 2011 03:47am)

any tips? (serious)

It depends....if you are talking permanently, there is a uvula reduction surgery which can assist in people with very sensitive gag reflexes.

However if you are talking temporarily you could look into sore throat sprays (this numbs the back of the tongue and throat).

Lastly, you can see a doctor and discuss the possibility of muscle relaxers as necessary (depending on severity).

I don't want to know what this is for.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 20 2011 04:52am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 20 2011 01:24am)
It depends....if you are talking permanently, there is a uvula reduction surgery which can assist in people with very sensitive gag reflexes.

However if you are talking temporarily you could look into sore throat sprays (this numbs the back of the tongue and throat).

Lastly, you can see a doctor and discuss the possibility of muscle relaxers as necessary (depending on severity).

I don't want to know what this is for.

lol... yea i would want to know either.

Anyways quick question for you Raynor, I am 6'5 230 and im trying to gain like 25-30 lbs first off what is the max amount of weight I should be gaining a week when bulking (I heard like 2-3 lbs a wk). Also how much protein should I be taking with every meal also pre and post workout.
Warn: 20%
Oct 20 2011 08:27am
id liek to say thanks to you too ive used some of your guides and im getting to where i want with my body thanks to u.

you are prolly the only one id trust to give advice as it seems a lot of other people take your advice as well

stay man you are doing a great thing keep it up.
Gold: 1.00
Oct 20 2011 11:15am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ 20 Oct 2011 07:25)
Yes, all ADHD medications can cause deleterious effects on lean mass gains. You will need to eat more to compensate for the increased metabolism caused by the stimulant effects of ADHD medication. ADHD meds are stimulants but act by using the "paradoxical effect" which uses a stimulant to calm an already stimulated person. Coffee and caffeine can also be used to some degree in the same way.

Why do you take ADHD medication curiously?

I was on adhd meds for 3 years so if you have any questions you can pm me
By the way you shouldn't do creatine at the same time because the meds dehydrate you
Gold: 603.00
Oct 20 2011 03:07pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 15 2011 09:53pm)
Tips to help what? SIS? What about it do you want tips with? How to perform certain exercises?

You must be a little more specific, I could go on for hours about SIS in general lol ;-)

I just want to get rid of it.

I've been told that if I keep working out my shoulders it will eventually go away... but I've been working them out for the past two years.

The only time it bothers me is when I'm playing football... when my left arm goes inward toward my chest really fast it makes my arm go numb for like 5 mins... then it feels really weak and aches for the rest of the day or even 2 days.

edit - it also cracks/pops a lot when I move it

Sorry if this is too vague.

This post was edited by Lancet_Jade on Oct 20 2011 03:08pm
Oct 20 2011 05:47pm
Quote (WdotEdot @ Oct 18 2011 09:58pm)
Weight lifting + Cardio Workout Question:

I had a question as to how should I take this protein?

Before workout? After workout? During the day? Before I sleep? How many hours before workout? Make a shake on off work out days?

It's a super slow absorbing protein, especially with the Caseines, so it's definitely gonna stick with me awhile..

I'm just mainly curious how I should take it.

Any advice would help. Thank you so much!

Body specs:

Cut and lean
Working out for 1 year now
6.2% BFC
"6 Pack abs" with other upper body muscle mass
Hard workouts 4x a week, for about 30-60 mins
Primarily weight lifting; lesser running & swimming
Take a multi and fish oil everyday

Details:

Dymatize Elite Gourmet Cookies and Cream Description

The Most Delicious Protein
    Award Winning Taste
    Whey & Casein Blend
    Instant Mixability

ELITE Gourmet is the perfect blend of Ion-Exchange Whey Protein Concentrates, Whey Protein Isolates, and Whey Peptides, combined with Milk Protein rich in natural micellar caseines & caseinates plus added calcium caseinates. By combining these extraordinary and top quality protein sources Elite Gourmet satisfies your tastebuds & your protein diet needs in one delicious shake.

ELITE GOURMET PROTEIN contains high levels of Glutamine and Glutamine Peptides as well as substantial amounts of Essential and Non-Essential Amino acids, including the Branch Chain Amino Acids.

Each serving of Elite Gourmet is derived from only the finest protein sources.  Sources with BOTH ultra high PER (Protein Efficiency Ratios) and the most modern protein scale, the PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score). On the  PDCAAS Scale, the protein sources used in Elite Gourmet all score at least a 1.0 – a perfect score.

With Elite Gourmet, you can have it all. You get the finest proteins sources combined with the best flavor.

I posted this a couple days back,

Was wondering if I could get any help!

Tyvm.

^_^

Gold: 125.00
Oct 20 2011 05:50pm
Raynor,

Two questions:

1) If I don't go with the 5x5 strength/mass training you suggested, what should I do? I'm trying to focus on 6+ rep schemes currently because on any day which involves my shoulder, I want to avoid going close to my 1RM (just so that I don't risk shoulder injury). I'm trying to keep reps 6+ so that I can hopefully avoid injury and build strength. I think I may want to do this for 6+ months, or indefinitely, until I feel that a lower rep scheme is better. (unless if you would recommend I still do low rep)

2) Found out one of my 50lb dumbbells has a different circumference to its handle (damn TKO... they create dumbbells that look the same and make different versions of the handles... so dumb). The difference is very minimal, but just noticeable. Will this be a huge deal for any exercises? Or is this going to be miniscule. Luckily this is only on my 50lb pair and I think one other pair, but I thought I'd ask.

As always, thanks :)

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Oct 20 2011 05:50pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1109510961097109810992039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll