d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1109410951096109710982039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Oct 19 2011 06:50pm
Quote (OrkyMarquis @ Oct 19 2011 07:39pm)
Sci-Fit kre Alkalyn and GLuta- Lynn

how many should i take per day?

2x kre alkalyn pre workout, 2x kre alkalyn post workout, 2x glutalyn post workout, and 2x glutalyn pre bedtime.

On non training days....

take 2x kre alkalyn and 2x glutalyn first thing in the morning and 2x kre alkalyn and 2x glutalyn pre bedtime.
Gold: 2,260.01
Oct 19 2011 07:23pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 19 2011 07:50pm)
You seem to be a fairly hard gainer...maybe not a full hard gainer, but certainly enough to warrant a higher level of calories to achieve your goals.

What does your current calorie intake and/or diet look like?

im eating 5-6 times a day hitting around 3k cals a day usually

my diet isnt as consistent as i'd like it to be but here are the things i know i eat everyday

1 cup greek yogurt
1-2 bananas
2-3 tuna/chicken and provolone/turkey and cheese/peanut butter sandwiches
3-4 1 scoop protein shakes
1 cup of oatmeal

typical day -
mornings = greek yogurt + 2 slice wheat toast with peanut butter and sometimes a banana
afternoon= turkey and cheese or tuna sandwich with whatever
late afternoon = chicken and rice or chicken sandwich with provolone
dinner varies too much for me to say
after dinner usually something with a tuna/turkey/chicken/peanut butter sandwich
recently a cup of oatmeal has been my final meal
usually have 3-4 protein shakes with my meals throughout the day
Gold: 3,247.57
Oct 19 2011 07:35pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 19 2011 04:50pm)
2x kre alkalyn pre workout, 2x kre alkalyn post workout, 2x glutalyn post workout, and 2x glutalyn pre bedtime.

On non training days....

take 2x kre alkalyn and 2x glutalyn first thing in the morning and 2x kre alkalyn and 2x glutalyn pre bedtime.

Thanks Raynor you're amazing.
Gold: 50.00
Oct 19 2011 08:02pm
What do you think of the IIFIYM(If it fits in your macros) style.

Basically Josef Rakich a young 20 year old has a GREAT physique and he follows the IIFIYM. Basically you can eat anything doesn't matter as long as it fits your macros. Do you believe in this or have any reasoning to why you would agree/disagree?

Secondly

Meal frequency and nutrient timing is all irrelevant for improving body composition, just eat whenever you want from the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep make sure you have hit your desired macros and calorie requirements for your desired goals.
Oct 19 2011 08:13pm
Quote (Deathslaya16 @ Oct 19 2011 09:23pm)
im eating 5-6 times a day hitting around 3k cals a day usually

my diet isnt as consistent as i'd like it to be but here are the things i know i eat everyday

1 cup greek yogurt
1-2 bananas
2-3 tuna/chicken and provolone/turkey and cheese/peanut butter sandwiches
3-4 1 scoop protein shakes
1 cup of oatmeal

typical day -
mornings = greek yogurt + 2 slice wheat toast with peanut butter and sometimes a banana
afternoon= turkey and cheese or tuna sandwich with whatever
late afternoon = chicken and rice or chicken sandwich with provolone
dinner varies too much for me to say
after dinner usually something with a tuna/turkey/chicken/peanut butter sandwich
recently a cup of oatmeal has been my final meal
usually have 3-4 protein shakes with my meals throughout the day

Overall the diet looks good (macro/micro wise). However you require to simply add additional calories.

I would recommend maintaining the current macro structure, but go up another 500-1000 cals a day. I would start with 500 cals extra per day for a week and notice if you see any changes in the way of strength or recovery. If not, go up another 500 cals and stay there while watching your body fat each week to make sure you are not gaining excess fat. If you start to gain excess fat, you will need to trim it down to around 700 cals over where you're at now.

You want to be getting around 200-250g of protein per day. The rest of your calories can be from complex carbs and fats (make sure to get a 2:1 ratio of unsaturated fats to saturated fats).
Oct 19 2011 08:14pm
Quote (OrkyMarquis @ Oct 19 2011 09:35pm)
Thanks Raynor you're amazing.

anytime, glad to help.
Oct 19 2011 08:23pm
Quote (IDUTCIH @ Oct 19 2011 10:02pm)
What do you think of the IIFIYM(If it fits in your macros) style.

Basically Josef Rakich a young 20 year old has a GREAT physique and he follows the IIFIYM. Basically you can eat anything doesn't matter as long as it fits your macros. Do you believe in this or have any reasoning to why you would agree/disagree?

Secondly

Meal frequency and nutrient timing is all irrelevant for improving body composition, just eat whenever you want from the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep make sure you have hit your desired macros and calorie requirements for your desired goals.

IIFYM is quite frankly a load of BS. It's a half-assed approach at nutrition that most hardgainers and mesomorphs look up to as the be-all end-all of diets because of how unbelievably nonrestrictive it is.

However here are the inferant flaws:

1. IIFYM does not consider micronutrients
2. IIFYM does not consider the glycemic index
3. IIFYM does not consider fat ratios (unsaturated/saturated/trans etc)
4. IIFYM does not consider sodium and other minerals
5. IIFYM does not consider strategic meals at strategic times of the day (IE: Protein shake PWO w/ 30-40g sugar, or casein before bed, etc.)
6. IIFYM does not consider fiber or the speed at which certain foods digest
7. IIFYM does not consider food sensitivities or allergies
8. IIFYM does not consider maintaining anabolism through strategic eating times
9. IIFYM does not consider individuals who tend to gain fat rapidly
10. IIFYM does not consider processed foods, additives, artificial sugars/flavors, etc.

IIFYM is a totally flawed approach at bodybuilding nutrition. The problem with it is that most people who see great success with it are natural born mesomorphs or true hardgainers. Both of these people respond very well to copious amounts of calories (even from dirty sources) and tend to gain muscle without fat. They are NOT the majority of the population and should not be regarded as such. Furthermore, people such as Josef Rakich (obviously a hardgainer from birth) who have openly discussed their use of "gear" have absolutely no credibility as to what diet is supreme for the general lifting community.

Example...do you really think that if a male required 200g protein, 400g carbs, and 80g fats that he could simply get the 200g protein in two 100g shakes, then go get the 80g of fat from 4 tbsp of olive oil, and then get the 400g carbs from 80 tablespoons of sugar? Absolutely not right? Well on the IIFYM, that would technically be acceptable.

I hope this helps, and you consider staying on a proper diet to achieve maximum gains.
Gold: 1,310.23
Oct 19 2011 09:36pm
Hey Ray

Just wanted to let you know that whatever your decision is, I appreciate the help you have given me in the past year.
you have helped me accomplish my dream of becoming a bodybuilder and its only just the start.

I hope to one day be knowledgeable enough to be able to "give back" as you do here @ jsp.
Sad fact is that you do not get the respect you deserve.

If you stay, great
If you leave, you'll be missed, but keep on keeping on my friend ;)

Sincerely,

Theoak / Mike

edit

Might as well ask a question :)

Alright why might my strength fluctuate?

for exampe, I squat 325x4+1 ATG (+1 is I needed a spot for 5th rep)

but the following week I was going to do for 2 sets of 315x5 and only got 315x3 on 1 set...

doesnt really make sense to me, I used to have fluctuating weight but its been pretty consistant.

This post was edited by TheOak on Oct 19 2011 10:04pm
Gold: 4.00
Oct 20 2011 12:26am
Hi, I'm currently taking 18mg/day of concerta (adhd medication.) Besides the fact that it reduces my appetite, could they be having a detrimental effect on my mass gains? Keep in mind I've still been following my diet pretty consistently even with no appetite.

Thanks. Appreciate it
Oct 20 2011 01:21am
Quote (TheOak @ Oct 19 2011 11:36pm)
Hey Ray

Just wanted to let you know that whatever your decision is, I appreciate the help you have given me in the past year.
you have helped me accomplish my dream of becoming a bodybuilder and its only just the start.

I hope to one day be knowledgeable enough to be able to "give back" as you do here @ jsp.
Sad fact is that you do not get the respect you deserve.

If you stay, great
If you leave, you'll be missed, but keep on keeping on my friend ;)

Sincerely,

Theoak / Mike

edit

Might as well ask a question :)

Alright why might my strength fluctuate?

for exampe, I squat 325x4+1 ATG (+1 is I needed a spot for 5th rep)

but the following week I was going to do for 2 sets of 315x5 and only got 315x3 on 1 set...

doesnt really make sense to me, I used to have fluctuating weight but its been pretty consistant.

Thank you for the kind words...I appreciate it. I'm glad I've been able to help you and so many others. Quite frankly I don't have time for BS - so if I run into any further problems, I'll be contacting paul directly.

As far as your question goes...the reason your strength fluctuates can be because of a number of things. First of all would be torn and incompletely healed muscle fibers. Secondly would be glycogen stores. Thirdly would be energy levels (caffeine or so forth). Fourthly would be overall diet and hydration for that day. Fifthly could be a micro-nutrient deficiency. Sixthly would be a lack of testosterone (this can be from a number of things).

Furthermore, hours of sleep seriously matter. You also need to consider other things such as stretching between sets, the time between sets, and so forth.

There is literally so much to take into consideration that it really isn't a big deal to worry about.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1109410951096109710982039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll