d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev11081091101111122039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 263.00
Mar 29 2009 01:00pm
You are a god by the way, and i personally believe you deserve a TT just for this haha, this is the most unselfish thread or help that any other user can say they have or have done, this is all free, this is all your time, what does every other med have to say they got theres for? not spamming? donating to the site? giving free xfers on diablo? thats bull, takes a minute tops, this obviously has gone on for a long time..

sending you a friend request and donating some
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Mar 29 2009 01:29pm
Quote (KickinWings @ Sun, Mar 29 2009, 03:00pm)
You are a god by the way, and i personally believe you deserve a TT just for this haha, this is the most unselfish thread or help that any other user can say they have or have done, this is all free, this is all your time, what does every other med have to say they got theres for? not spamming? donating to the site? giving free xfers on diablo? thats bull, takes a minute tops, this obviously has gone on for a long time..

sending you a friend request and donating some

thanks a lot...I really appreciate the praise.

I do what I can to help others out...as I treat people the way I would like to be treated.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 100%
Mar 29 2009 02:45pm
Is seasamin worth taking to help fat loss?
Mar 29 2009 09:23pm
Quote (CuteKoala @ Sun, Mar 29 2009, 04:45pm)
Is seasamin worth taking to help fat loss?

short answer - no

sesamin is helpful in metabolizing fats faster...its basically sunflower seed oil concentrate derivative. Stick to solid thermogenics (like GAT Jet Fuel) - or coffee ;-) combined with a good clean diet and plenty of good fats.
Gold: 0.30
Mar 29 2009 09:33pm
What are the best exercises at the gym to tone up my body, I am not looking to get big, but just toned.
Or should I do more reps and less weight?
Mar 29 2009 10:24pm
Quote (newbie-basher @ Sun, Mar 29 2009, 11:33pm)
What are the best exercises at the gym to tone up my body, I am not looking to get big, but just toned.
Or should I do more reps and less weight?

To get "toned" you need to lose bodyfat and pump up the muscles. This is done with volume training, but it will also get you a bit larger...there is no avoiding that.

Anyway - in order to do this, stick to doing full sets with very little rest, the more time you lift, the better...pay attention to the pump with every set, and make sure that you are using proper form with each exercise.

Stick to compound movements like

clean and press, squat (ass to floor), bench press (bar to chest), cheating olympic curls, deadlifts, close-grip bench press, etc.

Remember to get plenty of nutrition throughout the day, and drink enough water.
Gold: 192.00
Mar 30 2009 05:59pm
I'm not really sure how to phrase my question, but the I'm gunna try to put it the best way I can.
Since I'm a discus and shot put thrower, explosive leg and hip drive is needed to throw far. But, from films of my technique, I found that my legs contribute very little to what I'm doing. So I was wondering, what would be the best way to go about getting my legs and hips to be more explosive and aggressive? (I just started doing more box jumps, snatches, and kettlebell exercises, but I'm not sure what else to do. Its just like my legs don't want to let my body use them or explode off the ground.)
Mar 30 2009 10:21pm
Quote (bnrhodes2 @ Mon, Mar 30 2009, 07:59pm)
I'm not really sure how to phrase my question, but the I'm gunna try to put it the best way I can.
Since I'm a discus and shot put thrower, explosive leg and hip drive is needed to throw far. But, from films of my technique, I found that my legs contribute very little to what I'm doing. So I was wondering, what would be the best way to go about getting my legs and hips to be more explosive and aggressive? (I just started doing more box jumps, snatches, and kettlebell exercises, but I'm not sure what else to do. Its just like my legs don't want to let my body use them or explode off the ground.)

Literally recreating the explosiveness - but with weight.

All the exercises you mentioned are fine...also try to do jumping explosive squats....and try to perform underwater exercises involving jumping (these help break the walls).
Mar 31 2009 02:14am
I finally cleaned out my PM box...after the last few months...the final reply just went out. I'm sure the PM box will be full by tomorrow *sigh*

So if you guys would please search through this thread before PM'ing me, I'd appreciate it - it takes me literally 4 hours a day just to stay up to date with the pm's

But if the thread doesnt help answer your question (or if its personal) please feel free to PM ;-)
Gold: 290.00
Mar 31 2009 11:04pm
Hello there.

I'm posting this for a friend who tried several other forums for help but didn't really get any.
He has a shoulder injury, details in the quote.

I hurt my shoulder about an year ago from playing sports and it dislocated. Since then the shoulder hasnt shown much sign of improvement and
I went to doctors already several times got x2 MRI, ultrasound, and x-ray, there was some problem with loose shoulder cap or something like that, nothing wrong with rotator cuff.
They told me i dont need surgery, and finally an year after the shoulder injury i started physiotherapy.
I already took physio for about 2 months and i find that it hasnt helped much in terms of pain and general improvement, i called the surgeon, who told me to do physiotherapy for a bit longer.
Does anyone have any advice on what to do? i havent been able to workout for a year and the shoulder still is experiencing 6~7/10 pain and mobility is only like 7/10

I would donate fg if i had any right now, if i manage to obtain some I'll glady donate smile.gif
I tried searching a bit through the thread but i didn't have time to skim through all of it to see if anyone had a similar question.
My apologies if there was something like this that i had missed the answer to.

Thanks.

This post was edited by ShinAkuma on Mar 31 2009 11:09pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev11081091101111122039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll