d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev11071081091101112039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 26 2009 05:25pm
Quote (NittyTipples @ Wed, Mar 25 2009, 01:09am)
Hello there

I got 2 questions
Would it be a better idea to take 2 scoops of whey post workout, or 1 scoop of whey post workout and 1 of casein before bed?

and What would u recomend for a BCAA and when should I take them?

u missed me I think =D

also what would u recomend for a multivatamin?
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Mar 26 2009 06:15pm
Quote (NittyTipples @ Thu, Mar 26 2009, 07:25pm)
u missed me I think =D

also what would u recomend for a multivatamin?

For post workout, 2 scoops of whey.

For pre-bedtime, 2 scoops of casein or 1 cup cottage cheese

For BCAA - get Optimum BCAA's (capsules) and take 2g every 45 mins during exercise, with 2g before and 2g after. (so that means 2g before, 2g at 45 min mark, 26 at 1.5 hour mark, 2g at end of workout - total 8g for 1.5 hours)

for multivitamin - NOW! Adam - best multi for the price, by far.

Gold: 2,501.12
Mar 26 2009 10:40pm
Quote (shakeandbake47 @ Thu, Mar 26 2009, 10:35am)
I literally just started training like this strength - hypetrophy - endurance so i dunno how this is going to work

I was just wondering if you think it's pointless to train in the fashion by switching my reps every 2 weeks and if it is lmk what i should be doind.

Also i got one more question i was talking to my sisters boyfriend is a pretty avid lifter

Very big for being such a hard gainer and he's going to college learning about this kind of stuff and he told me it's ok to work out your arms twice a week

Like do chest tri's then back bi's and later on in the week you can have a LIGHT arms day because something they're like a smaller muscle and can handle two times a week lmk.
Mar 27 2009 12:46am
Quote (shakeandbake47 @ Fri, Mar 27 2009, 12:40am)
Also i got one more question i was talking to my sisters boyfriend is a pretty avid lifter

Very big for being such a hard gainer and he's going to college learning about this kind of stuff and he told me it's ok to work out your arms twice a week

Like do chest tri's then back bi's and later on in the week you can have a LIGHT arms day because something they're like a smaller muscle and can handle two times a week lmk.

this is absolutely correct.

As long as you are splitting arms as you mentioned...back/bis chest/tris or back/tris chest/bis you can do another workout that week of just arms for example and it will be fine.

You will know if you're over-training if you go to the gym and feel like if you lift another weight (or work a particular muscle group) that you'd rather die...then its over-training.

Also if you're seeing lack of gains...or very little gain...might also be over-training.

However, arms you can train frequently...just like legs...but chest/back/shoulders/abs - these muscle groups I would not train more than 2x a week.

Those of you who are going to wonder why not to train abs more than 2x a week, i'll explain - abs are a large muscle group and tend to respond better to heavy weight and failure sets instead of lower weight and constant repetition. There are some people who swear by doing abs 4-5-6 times a week...but if you want to see truly godlike abdominal gains...stick to two very heavy ab training days a week.
Gold: 263.00
Mar 27 2009 04:11am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Fri, Mar 27 2009, 02:46am)

As long as you are splitting arms as you mentioned...back/bis chest/tris or back/tris chest/bis you can do another workout that week of just arms for example and it will be fine.

You will know if you're over-training if you go to the gym and feel like if you lift another weight (or work a particular muscle group) that you'd rather die...then its over-training.

Also if you're seeing lack of gains...or very little gain...might also be over-training.

However, arms you can train frequently...just like legs...but chest/back/shoulders/abs - these muscle groups I would not train more than 2x a week.

Those of you who are going to wonder why not to train abs more than 2x a week, i'll explain - abs are a large muscle group and tend to respond better to heavy weight and failure sets instead of lower weight and constant repetition. There are some people who swear by doing abs 4-5-6 times a week...but if you want to see truly godlike abdominal gains...stick to two very heavy ab training days a week.

what are some of these? weighted leg lifts or something?
Mar 27 2009 11:29am
Quote (KickinWings @ Fri, Mar 27 2009, 06:11am)
what are some of these? weighted leg lifts or something?

Yes...weighted leg lifts (with a dumbbell or ankle attachment) would be fine...but in addition, weighted V-Crunch machine, weighted decline situps (or roman chair situps), or any other ab machine with weight resistance.
Gold: 1,300.00
Mar 27 2009 08:40pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Thu, Mar 26 2009, 11:46pm)

what if you're not aiming for a big abdominal area but rather a more toned out stomach(w/ a 6/8 pack ofc.)?
Mar 27 2009 11:44pm
Quote (jn134o8 @ Fri, Mar 27 2009, 10:40pm)
what if you're not aiming for a big abdominal area but rather a more toned out stomach(w/ a 6/8 pack ofc.)?

this has nothing to do with the exercise...but rather with bodyfat percentage.

It is a common misconception that constantly working the abs will eliminate stomach fat and create a "6 pack"

The most muscular your abs are, the more noticable the abs will be...but only when your fat percentage is low enough.

bottom line is, 2x...maybe 3x workouts a week TOPS for abs is generally best...and always strive for weighted resistance.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Mar 27 2009 11:44pm
Gold: 1,300.00
Mar 27 2009 11:59pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Fri, Mar 27 2009, 10:44pm)
this has nothing to do with the exercise...but rather with bodyfat percentage.

It is a common misconception that constantly working the abs will eliminate stomach fat and create a "6 pack"

The most muscular your abs are, the more noticable the abs will be...but only when your fat percentage is low enough.

bottom line is, 2x...maybe 3x workouts a week TOPS for abs is generally best...and always strive for weighted resistance.

oh someone told me that working out your stomach w/ free weights instead of your bodyweight will give you a stomach that sticks out past your chest haha
Mar 28 2009 10:53am
Quote (jn134o8 @ Sat, Mar 28 2009, 01:59am)
oh someone told me that working out your stomach w/ free weights instead of your bodyweight will give you a stomach that sticks out past your chest haha

obviously they didn't know any better ;-)

but a lot of people have that misconception...getting a huge midsection is usually when you are fat in the stomach, and you start to build muscle underneath the fat, which forces the stomach past the chest and looks horrible...like bench-press-belly.

Always try to stay in LESS THAN 14% bodyfat range (during bulking) if you are trying for aesthetics
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev11071081091101112039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll