d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1105410551056105710582039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 28 2011 10:10am
Quote (frankrulz @ Sep 27 2011 12:34am)
Alright then, thats what id use well its basically the bulking diet you posted but

Meal 1 - 3 whole eggs + 1 cup oatmeal + 1 large serving of fruit (any type)
Meal 2 - 2 slices whole grain bread w/ 4-6 oz sliced low-sodium meat (turkey/chicken/ham)
Meal 3 - Protein Shake (any brand, make sure to get approx 40g protein) + 1 large serving of fruit + handful of mixed nuts
Meal 4 - 1 large chicken breast or lean steak + 1 cup brown rice + large serving of veggies + black beans
Meal 5 - 1 can of tuna + whole grain crackers + mayo/mustard + veggies or salad
Meal 6 - 1 cup cottage cheese + cinnamon + mixed nuts

For the meal 5, can i replace the crackers for like a whole bread slice
and which meal youd suggest for post workout? What to replace black baens with on 4th meal

On this bulk, do you cook the meats with olive oil it has too much fats.
Also, the 1 cup oat is cooked, right?
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Sep 28 2011 11:15am
Quote (StuOwen86 @ Sep 28 2011 08:08am)
I've never hurt the shoulder that I can remember, and it doesn't happen when I use dumbells as I have been substituting the barbell for the dumbbells but I prefere the barbell. I only noticed it when I started to properly lift maybe 2-3 weeks ago and only on the Millitary press, 1st week I put it down to not being used to the movement so just thought it streched it too much or somthing the 2nd week I warmed up a little longer on the cross trainer to work my arms a little and did the same so I swapped to dumbbells. Might try altering my grip width do you think this could help, Maybe try wider or closer grip?..

Thanks

Hey there.

here's a few suggestions...

1. Adjust the grip (wider or closer)

2. Cease military press with a barbell for 2-3 weeks (in that time use neutral grip with DB only for shoulder press)

3. If the pain gets worse, see a chiropractor or sports medicine doctor.

Your problem sounds to me like a very minor rotator cuff issue. However given the very vague nature of the issue, I am unable to make a solid decision yet.

Get back to me after you try the first two above. If anything changes, let me know.
Sep 28 2011 11:22am
Quote (dgkblack @ Sep 28 2011 11:34am)
Hey Raynor :)

Throughout the period I have been cutting I've kept my carb intake to 100g daily.  Is there a certain ratio between complex carbs and simple carbs that should be kept?  I tend to have my complex carbs in the morning, and my simple carbs post workout; however, before I sleep I have a serving of Greek yogurt.  Would you recommend I substitute cottage cheese for the yogurt to reduce my overall carb intake post workout?

Thanks.

Hello there.

out of 100 carbs I would recommend taking 30g simple PWO and that's it. The other 70 should all be complex, including the morning. Lastly...the greek yogurt can remain, as long as it is not sweetened. (10g carbs or less)
Sep 28 2011 11:23am
Quote (frankrulz @ Sep 28 2011 12:10pm)
On this bulk, do you cook the meats  with olive oil it has too much fats.
Also, the 1 cup oat is cooked, right?

definitely cook it with olive oil. There is no such thing as too much fat on a bulk as long as its all GOOD fats. Olive oil is a good fat.

yes the oats are cooked
Gold: 0.00
Sep 28 2011 11:44am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sep 28 2011 05:23pm)
definitely cook it with olive oil. There is no such thing as too much fat on a bulk as long as its all GOOD fats. Olive oil is a good fat.

yes the oats are cooked

Yep, but when it comes to the macro, do you count the oil you used to cook for the diet?
Let say,
2 slices of bread with 6oz chicken + low fat cheese

You have to count the 15ml olive oil right there you used for the chicken and add it to your daily fat intake, right? (Im counting the macros atm, lol )
Gold: 400.00
Sep 28 2011 02:02pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sep 28 2011 06:15pm)
Hey there.

here's a few suggestions...

1. Adjust the grip (wider or closer)

2. Cease military press with a barbell for 2-3 weeks (in that time use neutral grip with DB only for shoulder press)

3. If the pain gets worse, see a chiropractor or sports medicine doctor.

Your problem sounds to me like a very minor rotator cuff issue. However given the very vague nature of the issue, I am unable to make a solid decision yet.

Get back to me after you try the first two above. If anything changes, let me know.

Cheers i will try altering the grip and if that does nothin i'll continue using the DB. Is there anything i can do to stretch/warm up/strengthen the rotor cuff?
Sep 28 2011 08:17pm
Quote (frankrulz @ Sep 28 2011 01:44pm)
Yep, but when it comes to the macro, do you count the oil you used to cook for the diet?
Let say,
2 slices of bread with 6oz chicken + low fat cheese

You have to count the 15ml olive oil right there you used for the chicken and add it to your daily fat intake, right? (Im counting the macros atm, lol )

Only the oil you consume. Remember a lot gets lost in the cooking process and attached to the pan. You can figure in a tiny bit...the rest doesnt stay.
Sep 28 2011 08:18pm
Quote (StuOwen86 @ Sep 28 2011 04:02pm)
Cheers i will try altering the grip and if that does nothin i'll continue using the DB. Is there anything i can do to stretch/warm up/strengthen the rotor cuff?

Try to strengthen in by doing some exercises.

I did a quick bodybuilding.com search and found a comprehensive guide so this saves me the trouble of putting one together.

I read over it, and the keypoints to follow are the exercises for the rotator cuff itself....mostly cable rotations.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/criticalbench24.htm
Gold: 3.38
Sep 28 2011 08:26pm
Hey there, I feel like my delts have been REALLY lacking overall in comparison to my chest.
Can you recommend any routine that'll help in their growth? Hypertrophy routine atm
Gold: 125.00
Sep 28 2011 09:16pm
First paragraph is a question, last paragraph is a bit of a question, second paragraph is an update on the back (can be ignored):

Any recommendation on supplements that would help tendon and ligament repair? I am seeing my doctor really soon, but I'd love to just do about anything I can for my shoulder.

My upper back is feeling a ton better, looking right no longer hurts at all, looking left only *slightly* has a bit of strain when I turn my head as far as I can left. Looking down still makes my upper back feel a tad sore, but it's all good. I figure my upper back problem will be all fixed up probably within a few weeks, and probably won't be noticeable within a couple days (I'm going to get back at arm day and leg day and I'll skip my subsequent chest and back days). I've been stretching out just doing a couple wide pullups at a time (literally 2 at a time every hour) and doing some stretches.

Getting back to my more permanent injury (the one that feels like my front left delt but might be deeper idk): That's why I'm asking about any supps that might help. I'm really trying to hit my shoulder where it hurts very lightly every day and supplement my diet in ways that would help repair. Since rest never helped it, and since it seems to have gotten better as of late, I'm thinking it might be because I've been taking multivits and because I've been exercising very carefully with it: maybe if I keep on letting it sting a little with workouts and work out carefully with it, it'll repair. Maybe when it's left static (just resting) repair isn't being stimulated? Just an idea? Or am I crazy?

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Sep 28 2011 09:16pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1105410551056105710582039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll