d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev11041051061071082039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Mar 21 2009 01:36pm
Quote (ZooLogisT @ Sat, Mar 21 2009, 02:28pm)
true or false...

when a endomorph works out he should focus more on HIGH rep (10-12) then lower..

with that being said, would a negative pyramid be good? AKA

1set = 6-8
2set = 8-10
3set = 10-12
4set = 12-14

the idea is you use the greatest amount of weight first so you make your strength gains, middle you get the size gains, and last you get the fat loss stages...

also would you recomend this meal plan for a endomorph

Meal 1
• 2 whole eggs
• 1 cup skim milk
• 1 cup cooked oatmeal (prepare with water only or the above mentioned milk and add cinnamon or other spices)
• 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil (mix in with the oatmeal)
• 1/4 cup raisins (mix in with the oatmeal or eaten separately)
• 1/2 cup mixed frozen berries (mix in with the oatmeal or eaten separately)

Meal 2
• 3 ounces chicken breast (cooked weight)
• 2 cups salad with dark, leafy green vegetables, onions, peppers, etc.
• 1 tablespoon olive oil and vinegar, to taste
• 1/8 cup shredded cheese, added to salad
• 1 apple
• 1 banana
• 1 orange

Meal 3
• 3 ounces tuna or lean meat (cooked weight)
• 1 sweet potato (baked)
• 2 cups stir-fry vegetables (broccoli, peppers, onions, etc.), using olive oil to cook them
• 1 ounce almonds or peanuts (may be added to stir-fry)
• 1 cup blueberries or strawberries
• 1 cup orange juice with pulp

Meal 4 — Immediately post-workout
• 1 scoop protein (or two scoops Grow!)
• 1 cup skim milk
• 15-18 ounces grape juice

Meal 5 — 90 minutes post-workout
• 1 scoop whey protein (or two scoops Grow!)
• 1 cup skim milk

Meal 6
• 2 cups plain yogurt
• 1/2 cup raisins
• 2 ounces mixed nuts
• 1 cup berries or other fruit
• Mix above ingredients together

and dont get the idea im fat, i say maybe a tad large on the gut.. (probably more of a alcohol factor rather then anything else) beer once a week :S although im probably cutting that soon.

private message or post here is fine

The reverse pyramids are excellent for muscular growth and fat loss...my favorite for cutting.

That diet plan is VERY specific...and also very bad for anyone except maybe a hardgainer.

I will explain:

first off,

not nearly enough protein or fat...

way too many carbs (especially from sugar!!!)

wrong foods at the wrong times (yogurt before bed?? cottage cheese!)

Anyway, here is the tweaked plan...

Let me revamp it for you:

Meal 1
• 3 whole eggs
• 3 strips bacon
• 1 cup cooked oatmeal (prepare with water only or the above mentioned milk and add cinnamon or other spices)
• 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil (mix in with the oatmeal)
• 1/4 cup raisins (mix in with the oatmeal or eaten separately)
• 1/2 cup mixed frozen berries (mix in with the oatmeal or eaten separately)

Meal 2
• 6 ounces chicken breast (cooked weight)
• 2 cups salad with dark, leafy green vegetables, onions, peppers, etc.
• 1 tablespoon olive oil and vinegar, to taste
• 1/8 cup shredded cheese, added to salad

Meal 3
• 1 can tuna or 4-6 ounces lean meat (cooked weight)
• 1/2 of a sweet potato
• 2 cups stir-fry vegetables (broccoli, peppers, onions, etc.), using olive oil to cook them

Meal 4 — Immediately post-workout
• 2 scoops protein (or two scoops Grow!)
• Mix with water and berries

Meal 5 — 90 minutes post-workout
• 4-6 ounces of red meat (steak, hamburger, etc)
• 1 large serving of green veggies + olive oil

Meal 6
• 1 cup of Cottage Cheese
• 2 ounces mixed nuts
• Mix with cinnamon
Gold: 5,116.73
Mar 21 2009 04:50pm
if neg pyramids work well for endos, whats best for mesmo's.
I usually start my heaviest weight first anyways.. and work down in weight and up in reps

should i stick to that if i want mass?

This post was edited by Tear on Mar 21 2009 04:54pm
Mar 21 2009 08:18pm
Quote (Tear @ Sat, Mar 21 2009, 06:50pm)
if neg pyramids work well for endos, whats best for mesmo's.
I usually start my heaviest weight first anyways.. and work down in weight and up in reps

should i stick to that if i want mass?

typically it is best to do a standard pyramid or 5x5s for this body-type.

However always throw in some breakdowns and drop sets every few weeks to keep muscle confusion high
Gold: 0.00
Mar 22 2009 02:23pm
Could you check if i have to change something in my workout plan here, i'm almost positive theres something wrong with it.

Monday
I start warming up with Sit ups, bike.
Move onto Bench 4-5 sets, 8 reps.
After that Dumbbell Incline Shoulder Raise 4-5 sets. 10 reps.
Triceps pushdown. 4-5 sets 10 reps.
Squats. 3 sets. 10 reps.

Wednesday.
Same warmup.
A Abs workout thing which i can't remember the name on. Trains your stomach as well as the sides.
Dead lift 3 sets. 10 reps.
Bench 4-5 sets. 10 reps (i train with lighter weights today to vary it )
Leg press 3-4 sets. 10 reps.

Friday :
Warmup.
Bench 4-5 sets, 8 reps (slightly heavier than wednesday, but lighter than monday)
Triceps Pushdown 4-5 sets, 10 reps.
Dead Lift 3 sets, 10 reps.

I drink one protein shake after work, (Reason i cycle 20 kilometers everday)
And one after training.

If this is a total mess up would it be too much to ask for some advice on what to train ?

thanks in advance.
Gold: 304.48
Warn: 40%
Mar 22 2009 03:19pm
Quote (Layzor @ Sun, Mar 22 2009, 08:23pm)
Could you check if i have to change something in my workout plan here, i'm almost positive theres something wrong with it.

Monday
Squats. 3 sets. 10 reps.

Wednesday.
Same warmup.
A Abs workout thing which i can't remember the name on. Trains your stomach as well as the sides.

Friday :
Warmup.
Bench 4-5 sets, 8 reps (slightly heavier than wednesday, but lighter than monday)

And one after training.

If this is a total mess up would it be too much to ask for some advice on what to train ?

thanks in advance.

i can tell u what hes gonna rawr at you about

NO FUCKIN LEG WORKOUTS!
Gold: 112.00
Mar 22 2009 03:40pm
Hey I was reading throughout this whole thread again and in meal plans for cutting that you mention you always say to have cottage cheese before bed. I know that when you sleep your body is a catabolic state that's why some people take casein; I've also read in some website that you can take half a serving of whey 30 min before bed and immediately when you wake up and obviously after a work-out.
What I wonder is what's better? drink the half serving of whey before sleep and right after you wake up, eat some cottage cheese or take some casein? Right now the only things that I'm taking are whey, fish oil and some bcaas (whey only post work-out, bcaas during work-out and in the morning between meals (5g) since I go to the gym after 5) a long with a decent diet. And one more, how often should you change your work out routine? I've only been going for about 2 months now and I hadn't lifted for quite a while.

I don't have much money to spend, but at the same time I want good results to losing weight and maintaining muscle mass.

Thanks in advance ohmy.gif I try to read bb.com and google a lot of this stuff but I never get the specific answers that I'm looking for sad.gif
Oh yeah btw I've already lost 25 lbs thanks to you ohmy.gif I'd donate fg but I only got 1fg lol.

This post was edited by isaac_m on Mar 22 2009 03:41pm
Mar 23 2009 12:02am
Quote (isaac_m @ Sun, Mar 22 2009, 05:40pm)
Hey I was reading throughout this whole thread again and in meal plans for cutting that you mention you always say to have cottage cheese before bed. I know that when you sleep your body is a catabolic state that's why some people take casein; I've also read in some website that you can take half a serving of whey 30 min before bed and immediately when you wake up and obviously after a work-out.
What I wonder is what's better? drink the half serving of whey before sleep and right after you wake up, eat some cottage cheese or take some casein? Right now the only things that I'm taking are whey, fish oil and some bcaas (whey only post work-out, bcaas during work-out and in the morning between meals (5g) since I go to the gym after 5) a long with a decent diet. And one more, how often should you change your work out routine? I've only been going for about 2 months now and I hadn't lifted for quite a while.

I don't have much money to spend, but at the same time I want good results to losing weight and maintaining muscle mass.

Thanks in advance ohmy.gif I try to read bb.com and google a lot of this stuff but I never get the specific answers that I'm looking for sad.gif
Oh yeah btw I've already lost 25 lbs thanks to you ohmy.gif I'd donate fg but I only got 1fg lol.

Hey there -

glad to hear you're doing good.

Cottage cheese is HIGHLY rich is casein protein and also very cheap and easy to eat...therefore taking it before bed is supreme to whey. Whey is absorbed VERY quickly...and as a result will NOT sustain you through the night.

As far as BCAA's go, take 2g every 45 mins...with 2g prior and 2g after exercise.

So for a 2 hour workout....take 2g before, 2g at the 45 min mark, 2g at the 1.5 hour mark, then 2g at the end of the workout.
Mar 23 2009 12:12am
Quote (Layzor @ Sun, Mar 22 2009, 04:23pm)

Monday
Squats. 3 sets. 10 reps.

Wednesday.
Same warmup.

Friday :
Warmup.

And one after training.

thanks in advance.

Ok well I don't mean to completely destroy your plan...but that plan is absolutely horrible and has to go.

For a proper 3 day split, you need to do things totally different.

Monday -

Chest/Back

1 Set Warm-Up with Dumbbell Chest Press (do 3 quick no-rest dropsets with moderate weight)

5 sets incline bench press going UP in weight

5 sets flat bench press going UP in weight

5 sets of Dumbbell Flies goign DOWN in weight (drop set)

1 set Warm-Up with T-Bar Rows (do 3 quick no-rest dropsets with moderate weight)

5 sets deadlifts going UP in weight

5 sets lat pulldowns going UP in weight

5 sets of cable rows going DOWN in weight

Tuesday -

Legs/Calves/Abs

1 set Warm-Up with Squats...either smith machine or regular (do 3 quick no-rest dropsets with moderate weight)

5 sets squats going UP in weight (make sure to go ASS-TO-FLOOR!)

5 sets leg-extension going UP in weight

5 sets leg-curl going UP in weight

1 super-long-set leg lunges until total failure

5 sets of standing calf raises going UP in weight

5 sets seated calf raises going UP in weight

15 minutes of Abs Instinct training (constant ab exercises until total failure with no breaks in between)

Wednesday

Arms/Shoulders

1 set Warm-Up with standing dumbbell curls (do 3 quick no-rest dropsets with moderate weight)

5 sets standing olympic bar curls going UP in weight

1 set Warm-Up with skullcrushers (do 3 quick no-rest dropsets with moderate weight)

5 sets close-grip bench-press going UP in weight

5 sets standing dumbbell hammer curls going DOWN in weight

5 sets tricep cable pulldowns going DOWN in weight

1 set Warm-Up with seated arnold presses (do 3 quick no-rest dropsets with moderate weight)

5 sets dumbbell shoulder press going Up in weight

5 sets barbell or dumbbell shrugs going UP in weight

5 sets dumbbell lateral raises going DOWN in weight UNTIL FAILURE

When sets are explained as going UP in weight, it is a standard pyramid...higher weights with lower reps usually performed until near-failure with about 1-2 mins rest between sets.

when sets are explained as going DOWN in weight they are expected to be performed quicky and until total failure...with only about 12-30 seconds rest between sets.

These workouts will last roughly 2-2.5 hours if performed correctly....it is to be expected considering you are only lifting 3 days a week.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Mar 23 2009 05:10pm
Is there some sort of creatine that is considered better or stronger than creatine monohydrate
Gold: 304.48
Warn: 40%
Mar 23 2009 05:12pm
Quote (GodLovesUgly @ Mon, Mar 23 2009, 11:10pm)
Is there some sort of creatine that is considered better or stronger than creatine monohydrate

go ahead and answer this for yeah skr

Not really creatine mono is the most basic you can get with that (most simplied and easiest and fasest to absorb i believe)
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev11041051061071082039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll