d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev11001011021031042039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Mar 14 2009 05:59pm
Quote (Peachie @ Sat, Mar 14 2009, 06:24pm)
when talking casein protein...

is there a differnce between calcium caseinate and micellar casein? and would one be more desireable than the other?

Micellar casein is superior - it is 100% natural form the milk and without chemical derivitives. It's also shown to keep proteins from breaking down for nearly 7 hours.

Stick with micellar.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 15 2009 09:05pm
what is your theory on calf training?
Mar 15 2009 09:29pm
Quote (Anilator(A) @ Sun, Mar 15 2009, 11:05pm)
what is your theory on calf training?

Ah...a GREAT question.

I have come to realize several things:

1. Genetics play about 90% in calf development. Some people will never have good calves who work them 3 hours a week....others will have great calves who sit on the couch and eat potato chips all day.

2. For those who have broken the genetic barrier and managed to build superior calves while having terrible genetics, you have put more time and effort into calf training than any other muscle group...and have manged to correctly balance the stimulation of fast and slow twitch muscle fibers in the calves for your particular body.

3. The other possibility is that you were or are greatly over-weight and often play intense sports like Soccer, football, lacrosse, etc. I have noticed that vastly overweight people who engage in sports that require a lot of leg-work often have gigantic developed calves (obviously because of the type of weight they have to support on them with each step).

However, for those of us who have genetically terrible calves, do not want to spend tons of times dedicated to building calves, don't want to use synthol (or plastic surgery), don't take steroids, and don't use electrical muscle stimulation therapy....there is still hope!

Sometimes calf muscles will be able to develop by pure experimentation and determining the right combination of exercise required to build the calves.

A good way to test this out, is to try doing one-leg calf raises on a stairmaster.

FIRST, MEASURE YOUR CALVES!!!!

Just walk on the stairmaster like usual, but do a full one-leg calf raise with each step...squeezing the calf at the top each time. Make sure to go VERY slowly on the stairmaster (as slow as it will go) and focus on form.

Do this every day for 30 minutes a day for 5 days a week (before or after regular workouts).

At the end of 4 weeks, take a tape measure to your calves and see if they have grown at all. If they have NOT grown at all, you might respond to less but more focused and heavier/intense training. If they have grown slightly, you might need to do MORE calf work. If they have grown considerably...then keep it up!!!

Ok, so saying that the stairmaster failed and you did not stimulate calf muscle growth...now we shall try the alternative...one day of intense calf training per week.

You will now dedicate one of your workout days for at least 1.5 hours of calf training (in addition to 10-15 minutes of some kind of cardio each day that requires you using your legs).

Your calf routine can be one of two ways.

Workout 1:

Standing calf raises (machine, barbell, or bodyweight) - 5 sets ascending in weight (low to high) till failure.

Donkey calf raises - 5 sets same way

leg-press calf raises - 5 sets same way

one leg bodyweight calf raises - 5 sets till failure

workout 2:

same exercises, but instead of ascending, try starting heavy and descending to lower weight with NO BREAKS in between for each set (except the last set, which you will perform with just bodyweight but still no breaks).

If you responded to workout 1 - congrats, you have found the right method for you!

If you responded to workout 2 - also congrats, you have found the right method!

If you didn't respond to either workout 1, workout 2, or the stairmaster workout....there is ONE final possibility.

This is called "The calf destruction workout"

You will blitz your calves so bad that it will make 2-a-days of failure split sets seem like a merry-go-round ride.

Every day - 6 days a week - sundays off

Wake up, immediately do bodyweight calf raises until failure.

Walk around all day on your toes...NO MATTER WHAT!

When you are sitting, flex each calf individually by raising and lowering the calf...just like a calf raise flexing the muscle intensely.

When you are showering, eating, walking...doesn't matter...HIT THE CALVES.

When you are at the gym, you will spend 1 hour a day on calves...in the workout mentioned above (alternating between workout #1 and #2 each day)

Before going to bed, you will perform 5 sets of bodyweight calf raises till failure with no rest.

(adding ankle weights or backpack weights for everyday use is recommended!!!)

This is for the most extreme condition. I have trained only TWO people in my life that demanded calves enough to try this plan...one of them stuck it out for only 3 days and quit...the other stuck it out for 2months and gained 3 inches in each calf....and then started seeing gains by doing regular calf exercises only twice a week.

At this point, you will have build calves no matter what. There is no option past this point...if somehow by some magical intervention...you do not have any progress......just be happy with what you have.....and you can always try plastic surgery, synthol (NOT RECOMMENDED OR ADVISED!), or illegal substances that are not supported in this board.

I hope this comprehensive calf guide helps anyone out that needs it. Arnold himself had the calf problem, and did his own version of the calf destruction workout to get nice diamond shaped calves.

Gold: 0.00
Mar 15 2009 09:51pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mon, Mar 16 2009, 03:29am)
Ah...a GREAT question.

wow strong post man..

i deffinly need to switch my calve train cuz they are laggin 1 inch behind my arms.. it isnt the end of the world but not really the best either..

i m pretty much fuked wen it comes to the donkeys cuz i got no1 to sit on my back

i think i need to go with ur last hardcore option.

ty for the post i am seriously tryin this cuz i need to shock some growth an turn these calf's into cows.

normally if sum1 trained a body part that much.. it would be considered over training right?? but calves are a diff more dense muscle or something so they could be trained more freqeuently :/?? do you agree with this?

This post was edited by Anilator(A) on Mar 15 2009 09:57pm
Mar 16 2009 02:23am
Quote (Anilator(A) @ Sun, Mar 15 2009, 11:51pm)
wow strong post man..

i deffinly need to switch my calve train cuz they are laggin 1 inch behind my arms.. it isnt the end of the world but not really the best either..

i m pretty much fuked wen it comes to the donkeys cuz i got no1 to sit on my back

i think i need to go with ur last hardcore option.

ty for the post i am seriously tryin this cuz i need to shock some growth an turn these calf's into cows.

normally if sum1 trained a body part that much.. it would be considered over training right?? but calves are a diff more dense muscle or something so they could be trained more freqeuently :/?? do you agree with this?

exactly...if your calves aren't responding to traditional training, its time to use shock therapy. You need a full on assault...calves can't really be overtrained like other body parts, because they are constantly being used for walking...every single day...all day.

Sometimes it takes super-stimulation like that to dominate the calves and jack up their growth potential.
Gold: 5,116.73
Mar 16 2009 08:35pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Sat, Mar 14 2009, 04:18pm)
Mass FX seems to be a useless product...don't waste your money.

As far trib - trib is a great product for PCT, overall greater test production, and better overall feeling of well being for men - give it a shot. To be honest, SciFit TZ3 is the best I've ever used.

best test booster?

and what about ultimate nutrition testogrowhp2 and stack that with the UT creatine pill form aswell

think that would be a good enough stack to waste money on?
Mar 17 2009 02:07am
Quote (Tear @ Mon, Mar 16 2009, 10:35pm)
best test booster?

and what about ultimate nutrition testogrowhp2 and stack that with the UT creatine pill form aswell

think that would be a good enough stack to waste money on?

Hey there...

as far as test-boosters go....fat and cholesterol are the cheapest and best ways to go ;-)

as far as a good PH...I would reccomend Decabolen if you can get your hands on it anymore...if not...AMS Decavol is a good choice.

Moreover...for creatine, if you are interested in pills...get Sci Fit Kre Alkalyn.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Mar 17 2009 06:31pm
Taking a nice jog in the morning good for losing fat?

and if you do that when would you take a whey shake? b4 or after?
Gold: 14,120.31
Mar 17 2009 10:14pm
So ive been doing power/explosive training for about 4 months now and im @ 162/~7% body fat

I want to move up a weightclass so i have an easier spot on my MMA team but im worried about what hypertrophy/strength workouts are going to do to my power.

You have any idea how much functionality change there will be with my muscles assuming i gain ~10-12 pounds of muscle mass and best way to keep my strikes/shoots quick and powerful once i gained the muscle mass?

Thinking im ganna just gain the muscle quickly via heavy lifting and just do alot of functional MMA workouts to bring back any lost speed, endurance, and power.

This post was edited by TheKRatosisKilliniT on Mar 17 2009 10:43pm
Mar 17 2009 10:38pm
Quote (GodLovesUgly @ Tue, Mar 17 2009, 08:31pm)
Taking a nice jog in the morning good for losing fat?

and if you do that when would you take a whey shake? b4 or after?

After ;-)

and yes its an excellent idea.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev11001011021031042039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll