d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1100310041005100610072039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13.90
Aug 30 2011 10:13am
How important is it to really get some casein-protein before bed?

I can't eat Cottage Cheese, lol - I throw up by it's taste, rofl xD

I haven't got any money to buy Casein proteinpowder ...

Well, is the result much better with casein-protein pre bedtime, than eating ''normal'' protein, like tuna or something?

I drink milk that adds up to ~ 15 grams of protein pre bedtime though.... and that's slow digesting protein.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 30 2011 10:43am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Aug 30 2011 04:02pm)
Hey there.

It depends what you are going for. If you are trying to have a lean ripped physique, then keep cutting!!

If you are striving to be a powerlifter or strongman and don't really care about BF...then you shouldn't be cutting at all.

If you are trying for overall health you should probably stop cutting now and continue a lean bulk.

I just got back into boxing and looking to box in a lower category.. What you mean for health overall? IT would be healthier to get on a lean bulk than keep cutting?
Also, ill talk to you when ill stop cutting cause ihave no idea where to go from keto to a lean bulk diet :)
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Aug 30 2011 11:26am
Quote (SyB_BaM @ Aug 30 2011 12:13pm)
How important is it to really get some casein-protein before bed?

I can't eat Cottage Cheese, lol - I throw up by it's taste, rofl xD

I haven't got any money to buy Casein proteinpowder ...

Well, is the result much better with  casein-protein pre bedtime, than eating ''normal'' protein, like tuna or something?

I drink milk that adds up to ~ 15 grams of protein pre bedtime though.... and that's slow digesting protein.

Milk or cheese before bed is fine...milk preferred. Also eggs are alright. Just get some good protein before bed.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Aug 30 2011 11:27am
Quote (frankrulz @ Aug 30 2011 12:43pm)
I just got back  into  boxing and looking to box in a lower category.. What you mean for health overall? IT would be healthier to get on a lean bulk than keep cutting?
Also, ill talk to you when ill stop cutting cause ihave no idea where to go from keto to a lean bulk diet :)

ahh...if you are trying to be in a low weight class, KEEP CUTTING!

you need to be around 7% bf for maximum leanness for boxing.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 30 2011 08:25pm
How many grams of protein should i be consuming daily?

I'm in school sitting for about 7 hours a day, when i get home i take a 2-3 hour nap ( sleep lmfao)

then when i wake up i exercise, running at a 6mph pace for 15 minutes, i bench press, and do plenty of ab workouts.

I'm looking to get rid of ALOT of bf and not lose muscle if possible.

PS- looking to cut a large amount of BF in 4 months. In 4 months I get my license and I'm going to be driving to the gym daily for a more on-point/intense workout.

This post was edited by pimpset40 on Aug 30 2011 08:28pm
Gold: 3,804.50
Aug 30 2011 11:09pm
Im a beginner. last week i did the 5x5 plan and this week i'm doing the hypertrophy plan. i'm not yet sure whether i want the strength or size, so i'm trying them both out to see which one suits me better. i intend to pick one and stick to it for a few months before cycling.

i do not have a spotter. i depend on the site you gave and youtube to see how the exercises are done. since i'm not experienced, i'm concerned about injuries. currently i can barely hit the correct number of sets/reps using the lightest possible weights in the gym. i'm worried my form might not be correct (esp when i'm pushing myself for the last reps or failure sets) and i'll get a long-term injury. i'm not worried if i'll heal in a week or two, but i am worried if it takes months to heal.

from my youtube-understanding:
if my back isn't perfectly arched with a straight spine, my back is in serious danger;
rotator cuff suffers if im doing military presses too high or too heavy, etc;
achilles tendon can get torn (6-9month delay) if i don't stretch my calves enough;

for the more dangerous exercises, can you point out which of the alternate exercises are safer but work the same muscles? or if there is no real alternative, would lighter weights / fewer sets / fewer reps / etc help reduce risk? especially for beginners
Gold: 6,708.17
Aug 30 2011 11:25pm
Hey Raynor,

I was wondering, did anything specific help in terms of getting your degree in Biology? In other words, any good study habits or recommendations?

This post was edited by dgkblack on Aug 30 2011 11:25pm
Gold: 18,204.00
Aug 31 2011 06:28am
Hey Raynor, As I get closer to the end of my cut (about another 20 pounds ish) I need to start thinking about the future. I am awfully nervous to think about "bulking" To be blunt, I have always been a fatass. This is hands down the best shape I have ever been by a 10-fold. My problem is I can stick to something 100% perfectly but if I don't have something set and stone and I allow myself to have a little wiggle room I screw it all up. So if I say, ok I can eat whatever today it just needs to be clean and below x calories. I never make it. but if I have a meal plan set out for myself then I do just fine.

So, by the time I sit around 180-185 what kind of calories should I be taking in if I plan on doing a lean bulk? By the time I plan on bulking I will be 6' 180-185.

Secondly, I plan on growing a ton of the winter. Never in my life have I seen results like I have when I eat properly (no duh right? haha) but I have always gained strength faster than anyone I know and that was with an awful diet :rofl
So this fall I would like to have some sort of strength/size routine. I don't know how well they can be combined or if I have to do them seperately each month to optimize results?

So, do I need to do a strength routine one month and a size routine the next month? or can they be combined fluently?

I plan on hiring burns to help me out with this. The guy I used for my last routine at my local gym is a huge dude. He is a PT etc but he refuses to take the fact that people have different body types into account. He makes his routines and things as if they were for himself. He is a monster no doubt, but I felt like being narrow minded in the aspect of training/dieting is a bad thing to be when you are a PT.

He told me I was going to lose all my muscle mass from keto and convinced me to try a calorie deficient only diet but told me to take in 1700 calories! I thought this was an awful idea but I tried it anyways being the tard I was at the time. Lost 3 pounds in an entire month. Awful results. Strength went down by a 10-fold vs keto.

So far keto has worked awesome with keeping strength. With no carbs in me, I put up 225x8 the other day. Before, with carbs, I could get that 10-12 times so I figure this is really good :)

Anyways, done ranting. MY questions are bolded :rofl:
Gold: 0.01
Aug 31 2011 06:14pm
As far as post-workout is concerned - is there anything wrong with 20min or so of incline walking? Will this hurt my recovery any and will it help to burn fat?
Gold: 79,039.50
Aug 31 2011 09:17pm
hey raynor, can you link me to your hypertrophy program + diet.

thanks for your time in advance :)
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1100310041005100610072039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll