d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Going To Graduate Soon > From Personal Trainer School
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 116,981.95
Jan 13 2011 12:55am
gona bump this before i go to bed :)
Gold: 301.14
Jan 13 2011 01:00am
My old roommate actually recently became a trainer, hes been at it for a year so far, says its the best job in the world. When you get a good client, the personal reward it gives you is like non other. He says no matter what you do, make sure you are always energetic and very over enthusiastic. A client will react alot better to someone who looks like they are really paying attention to them. Also, make sure you share things about your self with them, it makes them feel more comfortable, and in the end, more willing to stick with you, and in turn, you make more money.

e: he says if you have any questions in perticular, just ask

This post was edited by Deathbv on Jan 13 2011 01:01am
Jan 13 2011 01:13am
Quote (Deathbv @ Jan 13 2011 03:00am)
My old roommate actually recently became a trainer, hes been at it for a year so far, says its the best job in the world. When you get a good client, the personal reward it gives you is like non other. He says no matter what you do, make sure you are always energetic and very over enthusiastic. A client will react alot better to someone who looks like they are really paying attention to them. Also, make sure you share things about your self with them, it makes them feel more comfortable, and in the end, more willing to stick with you, and in turn, you make more money.

e: he says if you have any questions in perticular, just ask

well if u could ask him if hes had any clients that had trouble learning exercises like deadlift and squats for instance im training friends atm and one of them is having alot of trouble with keeping his back straight hes hunches over. we've been at it for two weeks nows hes getting better but if he has any tips to maybe makae learning this movement easier for the client?

also if he has any particular situations hes came across in his time of train that he feels i might need to know any info would be appreciated.
Gold: 301.14
Jan 13 2011 01:23am
He said having the person perform a "Wall sit" to kind of get the feel, as well as having the person look in a mirror while doing it, along with you showing them, comparing what they are doing, to what you are doing. Being able to see, right next to whats right, what you are doing wrong, is a great tool.
Gold: 567.04
Jan 13 2011 01:53am
My buddy Shockey does this, he built his clientel around fitness not bulking.

Hes got a steady schedule of house wifes and moms that either need to get back in shape, or want to stay in shape. Its great hours cuz its during the day after kids drop off and before pick up.

I would suggest if youre in an area that you can pull this off, then go for this. Im sure it would be nice to have a few bulking, but what ive noticed at the gym with kids who want to get big is they either fade and quit coming, or after they get in a routine they just stop using a trainer.
Jan 13 2011 11:26am
thx guys still iso more opinions
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll