d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Trying To Lose Weight
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,453.85
Warn: 10%
Jun 21 2024 07:17pm
I have made up my mind to lose weight, my BMI is 25.8.

For the past couple of weeks, I have been drinking a smoothie everyday. Now I have decided to cut it out, because it had too much sugar. My smoothie usually contained fruits like banana, orange, kiwi fruit, apple. There were actually not too many green vegetables, and I was told that if a smoothie was actively sweet, it wasn't that good for you. So I have decided to cut it out.

Now I will be eating only one meal a day, first thing in the morning. I will not be having anything whatsoever other than water, throughout the day. No coffee, no smoothie, and certainly no processed food or junk food which I love so much. My breakfast contains one scrambled egg, brown rice, two slices of boiled pumpkin, green leafy veggie from our backyard, potato, and sometimes shrimp and tofu. It's a lot, but I figure it's OK because I will be having only one meal a day.

I will keep updating this journal as I go. Wish me luck.

This post was edited by JessiWan on Jun 21 2024 07:33pm
Jun 22 2024 02:06pm
Weighed myself this morning, my BMI has dropped to 25.7. So 0.1 per day, I am happy with my progress.

I still made a smoothie today though. I only put half an orange, bitter melon and 1/4 of a red bell pepper. I left out the really sweet stuff like banana. Too much sugar.

Will report again tomorrow. Hopefully I will see 25.6
Gold: 4,200.69
Warn: 20%
Jun 23 2024 06:54am
I think eating 1 meal a day @ breakfast time is gunna be pretty rough cuz by the end of the day, youre gunna be really starving and it makes sleeping really hard when your stomach is growling nonstop.

I would suggest eating your only meal towards the end of the day so you can have a good night sleep.

Jun 23 2024 07:04am
Quote (Pharaohmon @ Jun 23 2024 05:54am)
I think eating 1 meal a day @ breakfast time is gunna be pretty rough cuz by the end of the day, youre gunna be really starving and it makes sleeping really hard when your stomach is growling nonstop.

I would suggest eating your only meal towards the end of the day so you can have a good night sleep.

I find that I gain weight really easily if I eat later in the day.
Gold: 500.00
Jun 23 2024 09:49am
Quote (JessiWan @ 23 Jun 2024 07:04)

Perhaps someone with more knowledge will correct me, but I don't believe this is how it works. Assuming you are consuming the same amounts of food either early or late.

Pretty sure the only thing that makes you gain weight is being in a caloric surplus.
Gold: 4,200.69
Warn: 20%
Jun 24 2024 10:45pm
Quote (Decarnate @ Jun 23 2024 08:49am)
Perhaps someone with more knowledge will correct me, but I don't believe this is how it works. Assuming you are consuming the same amounts of food either early or late.

Pretty sure the only thing that makes you gain weight is being in a caloric surplus.

Yea youre right but i think if you eat a full stomach and then sleep right away, youll develop a belly like sumo wrestlers

Just gotta sleep 2 hrs+ after eating

Gold: 440.20
Jun 25 2024 10:57am
are you just like guessing or taking random shots in the dark at your goal? starving yourself long term is not very viable, you gonna fail yourself and its gonna kill your motivation.
calories in versus calories out. more out = weight loss. you got the sugar thing, good. sugar sucks. drink more water. you mentioned no coffee?? Why? it has no calories and caffeine increases your metabolism and culls your appetite.
Gold: 5,616.73
Jun 25 2024 11:08am
try and play with your calorie intake.

when i want to cut weight, i usually stick to 2 medium sized meals a day, i fast in the morning and try and just eat 2 cleanish meals per day

somedays i cheat, but i acknowledge I've had pizza or burgers or beers and I just tone down my other meal accordingly.

if you're eating clean you can eat quite a bit of clean food, meat, fruits etc.

If i was to go ot 1 meal a day, which there isn't anything wrong with, I would eat mid afternoon - dinner, then I'm training fasted (can assist in weight loss) and as well your body can digest through the evening, and night when your body is rather stagnant and can grind through the process easier.

Quote (Pharaohmon @ Jun 24 2024 10:45pm)
Yea youre right but i think if you eat a full stomach and then sleep right away, youll develop a belly like sumo wrestlers

Just gotta sleep 2 hrs+ after eating

anything to back up this claim? I would argue thats highly improbable lol

This post was edited by Tear on Jun 25 2024 11:09am
Gold: 16.00
Jun 26 2024 01:21am
Quote (JessiWan @ 23 Jun 2024 15:04)

This is not a thing.
You can only gain weight if you are in a calorie surplus. Meal timing does not matter.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 26 2024 04:51am
Quote (JessiWan @ Jun 21 2024 09:17pm)
I have made up my mind to lose weight, my BMI is 25.8.

For the past couple of weeks, I have been drinking a smoothie everyday. Now I have decided to cut it out, because it had too much sugar. My smoothie usually contained fruits like banana, orange, kiwi fruit, apple. There were actually not too many green vegetables, and I was told that if a smoothie was actively sweet, it wasn't that good for you. So I have decided to cut it out.

Now I will be eating only one meal a day, first thing in the morning. I will not be having anything whatsoever other than water, throughout the day. No coffee, no smoothie, and certainly no processed food or junk food which I love so much. My breakfast contains one scrambled egg, brown rice, two slices of boiled pumpkin, green leafy veggie from our backyard, potato, and sometimes shrimp and tofu. It's a lot, but I figure it's OK because I will be having only one meal a day.

I will keep updating this journal as I go. Wish me luck.

For 2 weeks, keep your intake the exact same. Log your food and your weight to figure out your calories.

After 2 weeks, cut 250 calories any way you want. I’d recommend fats because fats are highly satisfying and easy to overeat. Do this for 2 weeks with weighing in at least 3 times per week. Adjust your calories based on your activity as well. High activity days, eat more carbs. Not much more, but maybe 30-50g.

If you’re losing weight with the given calories, great. Keep going.

If not, increase your non exercise activity.

If you stall after increasing your activity, decrease your calories by 150 and track for a few weeks.

When you feel super fatigued after dieting for awhile, add back 90% of the calories you’ve taken away while tracking your weight until you stabilize.

Periodize your diet like this and you’ll lean out in no time.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll