d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive > Theater Discussion
12Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 30.00
Jul 24 2016 06:36am
This chat needs a theater discussion. I can imagine it would be sort of popular. This thread can be used to talk about ones rehearsal process if anyone here does theater, or just chat about their favorite shows, flubs, or memories.

For anyone that doesnt know the difference between performing theater and the movie theater:

Theater contains an incredibly extensive rehearsal process. The reason being is because performing live means you get one go at the show and if it tanks you have to stick with it, while on screen, there is very little rehearsal time if any at all. The reason being for that is because with a camera in front of you the director can just run the scene again until he/she likes it.

Physically, theater and film differ in the audience as well. Receiving live feedback for theater happen when the audience reacts to a part of the show, whereas (nowadays) live feedback for media is received on twitter or Facebook, but lets face it... Thats not near as satisfying as hearing the laughter immediately after you spout the line.

Film however is its own story. Yes, there are still playwrites making new works every day, but those are all publicly available for anyone to read or produce. "Think about how many times Romeo and Juliet has been performed around the world; thousands upon thousands of times, to the point that the story is a cultural icon. Such knowledge creates an expectation in the audience. They want to see and hear the story that they are familiar with and they will tolerate very little change." Whereas with film, the scripts are being made new and fresh for an unparalleled experience.

So, now you know the differences, if theres anything that peaks your interests about the art, go ahead and ask. If you want to flame me; pm me so you don't get any warn. :)

Source: https://www.nyfa.edu/student-resources/stage-vs-screen-whats-the-big-difference/

UNLESS NOBODY ELSE HERE LIKES THEATER, THEN JUST LIKE FUCK ME, OKAY?
Gold: 159.02
Jul 24 2016 06:37am
you think i'm going to read this?
Jul 24 2016 06:58am
Quote (Devil_kin @ Jul 24 2016 06:37am)
you think i'm going to read this?

I was actually typing out thinking, "No way Devil_kin is gonna read this."
Gold: 252.29
Jul 24 2016 07:22am
Quote (TortoiseBox @ Jul 24 2016 12:36pm)
This chat needs a theater discussion. I can imagine it would be sort of popular. This thread can be used to talk about ones rehearsal process if anyone here does theater, or just chat about their favorite shows, flubs, or memories.

For anyone that doesnt know the difference between performing theater and the movie theater:

Theater contains an incredibly extensive rehearsal process. The reason being is because performing live means you get one go at the show and if it tanks you have to stick with it, while on screen, there is very little rehearsal time if any at all. The reason being for that is because with a camera in front of you the director can just run the scene again until he/she likes it.

Physically, theater and film differ in the audience as well. Receiving live feedback for theater happen when the audience reacts to a part of the show, whereas (nowadays) live feedback for media is received on twitter or Facebook, but lets face it... Thats not near as satisfying as hearing the laughter immediately after you spout the line.

Film however is its own story. Yes, there are still playwrites making new works every day, but those are all publicly available for anyone to read or produce. "Think about how many times Romeo and Juliet has been performed around the world; thousands upon thousands of times, to the point that the story is a cultural icon. Such knowledge creates an expectation in the audience. They want to see and hear the story that they are familiar with and they will tolerate very little change." Whereas with film, the scripts are being made new and fresh for an unparalleled experience.

So, now you know the differences, if theres anything that peaks your interests about the art, go ahead and ask. If you want to flame me; pm me so you don't get any warn. :)

Source: https://www.nyfa.edu/student-resources/stage-vs-screen-whats-the-big-difference/

UNLESS NOBODY ELSE HERE LIKES THEATER, THEN JUST LIKE FUCK ME, OKAY?

Is there sex or nudity on stage?

If not then I ain't interested.

Jul 24 2016 07:25am
Quote (NekoSama @ Jul 24 2016 07:22am)
Is there sex or nudity on stage?

If not then I ain't interested.

Depends on what show you're looking at. Some, yes there is. And its good shit, homie.
Jul 24 2016 07:33am
Quote (TortoiseBox @ Jul 24 2016 01:58pm)
I was actually typing out thinking, "No way Devil_kin is gonna read this."

:thumbsup:
Gold: 3,558.23
Jul 24 2016 09:44am
I enjoy theater. Both kids are in a local youth theater program here, they're doing Hamlet for the summer Shakespeare program. Most of the play was cut to keep it down two hours, but it's not bad.
Jul 24 2016 09:55am
Quote (Qord @ Jul 24 2016 09:44am)
I enjoy theater. Both kids are in a local youth theater program here, they're doing Hamlet for the summer Shakespeare program. Most of the play was cut to keep it down two hours, but it's not bad.

Im currently in a production of Ken Ludwigs Moon Over Buffalo and its a blast. Community theater is the bomb.
Gold: 18.31
Jul 24 2016 11:23pm
theater is art
Gold: 5,333.00
Jul 25 2016 01:06am
I wonder to
Go Back To General Archive Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic