d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive > I Keep Seeing This Argument
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 1,189.90
Jun 13 2016 09:33am
I keep seeing people defending the second amendment with arguments about how they need to be able to fight off a tyrannical government if the need arises.

I'm honestly amazed that people can be so confident as to think their pathetic gun can counter ANYTHING the military has to offer. We have a device that, when pointed at a group of people, makes their skin feel like it's burst into flames. The most anyone has been able to endure it was 5 seconds. We have handheld laser arrays that can instantly and permanently blind you. We have unpiloted autonomous tanks. We're working on invisibility. We have grenade launchers that can time a grenade to explode just before it hits you, ensuring maximum damage and no chance of throwing a grenade back. We have lasers so powerful they can shoot down missiles and aircraft. Imagine what that can do to a person.

Why do people think their AR-15 is going to help in any way?
Gold: 1,065.00
Jun 13 2016 09:36am
Because it couldn't hurt?

Dont tell me you're one of those people who thinks we don't need guns... Because those people are in denial of what could possibly happen

Doesn't have to be the government. Clearly it could be someone you walk by any given day.
Gold: 159.02
Jun 13 2016 09:39am
http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/its-our-duty-support-troops-and-second-amendment-c-1929

It’s Our Duty To Support The Troops And The Second Amendment In Case We Ever Need To Kill Them All
Gold: 1,189.90
Jun 13 2016 09:42am
Quote (iiTzChunky @ Jun 13 2016 08:36am)
Because it couldn't hurt?

Dont tell me you're one of those people who thinks we don't need guns... Because those people are in denial of what could possibly happen

Doesn't have to be the government. Clearly it could be someone you walk by any given day.

My thread is only directed at the argument of rising up against a tyrannical government.

See:
I keep seeing people defending the second amendment with arguments about how they need to be able to fight off a tyrannical government if the need arises.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 13 2016 09:47am
lol @fat muricans
Gold: 20.69
Jun 13 2016 09:48am
Quote (AnimeFTW @ Jun 13 2016 07:33am)

I'm honestly amazed that people can be so confident as to think their pathetic gun can counter ANYTHING the military has to offer. We have a device that, when pointed at a group of people, makes their skin feel like it's burst into flames. The most anyone has been able to endure it was 5 seconds. We have handheld laser arrays that can instantly and permanently blind you. We have unpiloted autonomous tanks. We're working on invisibility. We have grenade launchers that can time a grenade to explode just before it hits you, ensuring maximum damage and no chance of throwing a grenade back. We have lasers so powerful they can shoot down missiles and aircraft. Imagine what that can do to a person.

Why do people think their AR-15 is going to help in any way?

Amen brother i feel the same
Gold: 4.77
Jun 13 2016 09:57am
As someone who worked for this tyrannical government,
Soldiers are undisciplined and the tech is only as good as it's operators.

The high-speed shit you describe is not in use by the by the bulk of the military because those mouth breathers can't even keep the primitive optics on their m4s operational.

Anyways it's about equalization of power and you're right. The second amendment should protect basement nukes.
But we can still obliterate their bots or heavily armored trucks with fertilizer and a steel mixing bowl.

The revolutionary war was stacked similarly, guerilla warfare will always overcome conventional brigade system.

As long as I have at least 2 rounds, one for their heart & one for my mind, it'll work out anyways. ;)

This post was edited by MaliceMizer on Jun 13 2016 09:58am
Gold: 159.02
Jun 13 2016 10:05am
Quote (MaliceMizer @ 13 Jun 2016 09:57)
As someone who worked for this tyrannical government,
Soldiers are undisciplined and the tech is only as good as it's operators.

The high-speed shit you describe is not in use by the by the bulk of the military because those mouth breathers can't even keep the primitive optics on their m4s operational.

Anyways it's about equalization of power and you're right. The second amendment should protect basement nukes.
But we can still obliterate their bots or heavily armored trucks with fertilizer and a steel mixing bowl.

The revolutionary war was stacked similarly, guerilla warfare will always overcome conventional brigade system.

As long as I have at least 2 rounds, one for their heart & one for my mind, it'll work out anyways. ;)

no one reads your posts bruvva
Gold: 181.99
Jun 13 2016 10:07am
because Marx says so
Gold: 0.00
Jun 13 2016 10:07am
Since the government has all these amazing weapons, that means we should just settle for flintlocks? Plus, the idea that all of the US military would comply with orders to put down an armed insurrection is ludicrous. They're citizens, too. My Sig Sauer, Marlin, and Remington give me at least a fighting chance, if such action was necessary. And if not, they're fun to shoot/plink with.
Go Back To General Archive Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic