d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive > 135 > 120lbs In A Month
Prev1891011Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 10,566.00
Aug 9 2016 05:07pm
Quote (Devil_kin @ Aug 9 2016 03:49pm)
anti-depressants are such a shit road to go down

This is why I don't want to see a doctor, everyone says anti-depressants don't even help, and in some cases even worsen their problems.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Aug 9 2016 11:18pm
Quote (Pulsing @ Aug 9 2016 04:07pm)
This is why I don't want to see a doctor, everyone says anti-depressants don't even help, and in some cases even worsen their problems.

in my opinion any and all psychological medications simply mask an underlying problem (extensive research....) aside from bonafide conditions such as schizophrenia

i personally have never been depressed and i feel i am somewhat unable to become depressed as there are many positive things in my life as well as society that always trump any negativity in my life, in other words life offers too many pleasures to be concerned with nonsense (as many despessive outlooks are....)

my suggestion is to begin a "mental purification" as ill call it, that it to make a serious attempt to understand and resolve the things that make you feel the way you do; to rely on others or drugs (as a crutch or escape or self pity) is a fools path and i have witnessed one of my sisters struggle with depression for several years, i have seen the ups and downs as a close family member and she herself now admits her "condition" was ultimatly self induced

obviously this is all easier said than done but it must begin at the truth- you are in total control of your body and mind (again aside fron bonafide conditions) therefor it is up to you and only you to seek resolution

furthermore all reading my post must understand that you control the state of your mind and one state leads to the next and so on; if you begin your day believing there is little or no hope then that will become the result

aside from knowing more of your personality to give a better opinion i simply recommend silent mantra meditation (i personally meditate regularly)

some argue the primary goal of mediation is to control and organize your thoughts and emotions in a structured way, personally mediation allows me to keep my mind focused on what i wish to focus on and to prevent nonsense (as i call it) emotion such as anger and worry

just google mantra meditation, in a nut shell a mantra is a word or phrase that you repeat to yourself until it becomes all that you currently think about, while filtering out any thoughts or emotion that do not apply to a given situation; for example whenever i become frusterated at work i use many silly mantras, sometimes said to myself silently over and over and sometimes outloud- "im the fukn boss / i got this shit / im the pro - I AM THE PRO / its just physics and chemistry / just gotta rise above / im too boss to lose my shit over a peice of wood"

obviously these are just a few of the most basic nature, at times i get much more in depth say when im feeling nervous i might say "you are here, you need to do this and you will do this and nothing to going to stand in your way"

in fact if im mediating by myself i often begin with a phrase such as "i am going to clear my mind and concentrate only on the thought of the sound of my voice" repeated over and over until i finally am doing just that, its truly amazing once my mind is "empty" that i begin to think and concentrate on what i wish and not what naturally floods into my mind, once in a "higher state" i often contemplate critial issues and major life desicions while not distracted or limited by simple daily thoughts, actions or emotions which otherwise may cloud proper judgement

i highly highly recommend meditation to everyone and it will most certainly open your mind and body to new perspective and thought among other benefits

i do not write this post as bullshit or just nonsense for fun, i have spent a great deal of time doing research as well as a personal quest for peace and forfilment for many years, whatever the situation- the solution lies within ourselves and will reveal itself to all who preserver

if anyone has interest or questions into meditation or what i wrote about or would simply like a compasonate ear for real issues let me know; strengh in numbers, we are all in this world together but the true journey must begin within ourselves

This post was edited by death_knight on Aug 9 2016 11:35pm
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Aug 9 2016 11:24pm
^

im a doctor irl
Gold: 562.08
Aug 9 2016 11:26pm
Quote (sayaka @ Aug 9 2016 11:24pm)
^

im a doctor irl

doctor, i have a pain in my chest. wut do?
Banned
Aug 9 2016 11:33pm
Quote (xBx @ Aug 9 2016 10:26pm)
doctor, i have a pain in my chest. wut do?

use smaller dildos
Gold: 1,276.69
Aug 9 2016 11:33pm
Quote (NatureNames @ Aug 10 2016 08:47am)
I hated every SSRI, SNRI, tricyclic antidepressant, and antipsychotic I've tried. I hear they work great for some people but I had side effects that were miserable. To sum it up in two words: dysfunctional zombie.

Don't let this discourage anybody though. Everybody is different. I wasn't taking these meds for depression. I wouldn't count-out any medication based on the side effects of 1 individual. All drugs have side effects.

maois are the best traditional antidepressant anyway, only ones I would bother going on

Quote (Devil_kin @ Aug 10 2016 08:49am)
this is fair. TCA's have been great for me. they help me sleep and reduce my hunger, it's too early to tell if they help my depression at all but i'm still self harming so probably not. anti-depressants are such a shit road to go down

what do you do for your mental woes other than trying antidepressants

This post was edited by Condemn on Aug 9 2016 11:37pm
Aug 9 2016 11:35pm
Quote (sayaka @ Aug 9 2016 11:33pm)
use smaller dildos

but...but =(
Banned
Aug 9 2016 11:36pm
Quote (xBx @ Aug 9 2016 10:35pm)
but...but =(

you don't wanna be loose do you
Aug 9 2016 11:38pm
Quote (sayaka @ Aug 9 2016 11:36pm)
you don't wanna be loose do you

meh. im going to be 28 next year, my shelf life is almost over. bring it on.
Banned
Aug 9 2016 11:41pm
Quote (xBx @ Aug 9 2016 10:38pm)
meh. im going to be 28 next year, my shelf life is almost over. bring it on.

so that's a yes to dp
Go Back To General Archive Topic List
Prev1891011Next
Add Reply New Topic