d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive > How Do Christians Think The > World Started 6000 Years Ago?
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 975.03
Apr 6 2013 01:13am
Quote (Magnet0 @ Apr 6 2013 01:11am)
i never said that
in fact i am an EMT and i strongly believe in helping ourselves live/ heal
i dont sit in my house and rely on God to feed me and give me water
Jesus ate and drank when he came to earth, and He healed people
God gave us plants and other remedies for us to use.

but you say you wouldn't put your faith in human research, and thus you wouldn't invest in it. if the world was run by people like you, there wouldn't be chemotherapy. people with cancer would die praying for the cure. that's my point.
he didn't give us chemotherapy, nor many other things that would aid in helping people. hell, why does he have to heal people? why not make people well in the first place?

This post was edited by luvImpose on Apr 6 2013 01:14am
Gold: 132.27
Apr 6 2013 01:18am
Quote (luvImpose @ Apr 6 2013 02:13am)
but you say you wouldn't put your faith in human research, and thus you wouldn't invest in it.  if the world was run by people like you, there wouldn't be chemotherapy.  people with cancer would die praying for the cure. that's my point.

nono :) i strongly agree with medicines, and prayer
i dont have faith in modern medicine because it is man-made and prone to error
every person we get in the emergency room doesnt come out alive, despite modern medicine

im glad there are medicines and they do save peoples lives
but they dont always.

Gods way is always right and infallible and i would rather put my faith in that than in man

qoute hell, why does he have to heal people? why not make people well in the first place? quote

sometimes when people are at the lowest points in their lives is when they decide to turn to Jesus
(im not God and i dont know everything so this is just my opinion)

This post was edited by Magnet0 on Apr 6 2013 01:21am
Gold: 975.03
Apr 6 2013 01:24am
Quote (Magnet0 @ Apr 6 2013 01:18am)
nono :) i strongly agree with medicines, and prayer
i dont have faith in modern medicine because it is man-made and prone to error
every person we get in the emergency room doesnt come out alive, despite modern medicine

im glad there are medicines and they do save peoples lives
but they dont always.

Gods way is always right and infallible and i would rather put my faith in that than in man

how do you justify people dying 20 years ago when they would have lived now, SOLELY due to evolving medical practices?
let's say 20 years ago, someone dies and their family says "oh it was god's will"
20 years later(now), the medicine is evolved and would have saved that person, and they would have lived
i fail to see how god's will applies. it seems like man-made medicine is the only thing that is the deciding factor in life or death.
Gold: 132.27
Apr 6 2013 01:30am
Quote (luvImpose @ Apr 6 2013 02:24am)
how do you justify people dying 20 years ago when they would have lived now, SOLELY due to evolving medical practices?
let's say 20 years ago, someone dies and their family says "oh it was god's will"
20 years later(now), the medicine is evolved and would have saved that person, and they would have lived
i fail to see how god's will applies.  it seems like man-made medicine is the only thing that is the deciding factor in life or death.

i cant justify anything God does, i dont fully understand God
God made the whole world with his voice

God is soo much bigger and more powerful than we can imagine, we are nothing in comparison
everything i know isnt even 1 drop in an ocean of Gods knowledge

i know that sounds kinda dumb or something but its like an ant looking at the human race and trying to comprehend why humans do what we do

its just impossible to know everything and every reason why God does what he does
:\ sorry i know this isnt a good reply but i believe it through faith :)
Go Back To General Archive Topic List
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic