d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive > How Do Christians Think The > World Started 6000 Years Ago?
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 975.03
Apr 6 2013 12:54am
Quote (Matao @ Apr 6 2013 12:50am)
no, the bible doesnt date before israel , but feel free to substantiate your opinion
and while your at it, feel free to point out any errors in the page i linked

facts are facts

i love it when i or someone else links a wiki and people dismiss it, even though it's sourced and they can't point out anything wrong with it. it's just an easily accessible source of massive amounts of information, and shouldn't be so easily ignored.
Gold: 4,999.00
Apr 6 2013 12:56am
Quote (Magnet0 @ Apr 6 2013 08:54am)
do books count as proof?

depends who has written it and which methos did he use to rpove it
Gold: 90.65
Warn: 50%
Apr 6 2013 12:57am
Quote (Magnet0 @ Apr 6 2013 06:52pm)
your facts are based on books and stories passed down through generations
so are christian facts :)

what ?
serious scholars, jewish, christian and secular, have been at this for along time

its an accepted fact in archaeology that israel and judah were kingdoms native to canaan
and that there was no invasion and settlement of canaan by the israelites

they dont believe that because someone wrote a book saying so hundreds of years ago
or because thats what their parents told them

the same is true for those who have determined when the books of the bibles were written

Gold: 132.27
Apr 6 2013 01:01am
Quote (Matao @ Apr 6 2013 01:57am)
what ?
serious scholars, jewish, christian and secular, have been at this for along time

its an accepted fact in archaeology that israel and judah were kingdoms native to canaan

they dont believe that because someone wrote a book saying so hundreds of years ago

the same is true for those who have determined when the books of the bibles were written

Quote (Matao @ Apr 6 2013 01:57am)
what ?

i wasnt talking about that particular statement
but i'd rather put my faith in an infallible God than human research

the smartest of humans thought the world was flat a few hundred years ago ya know :D
Apr 6 2013 01:01am
Quote (Magnet0 @ Apr 6 2013 12:50am)
i think theres a difference in morals and religion
if i wasnt a christian i still wouldnt go around stealing everybodys stuff and killing people for personal gain

nor did i say you would/should.
let's say you lived in north korea, huh? living under a dictator who shovels bullshit propaganda into your mouth for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. he created a country with massive amounts of hunger and famine, while he lives a rich life with no wants unfulfilled.
your whole family is going hungry; you have no money; you have no hope. but you have morals, thank fuck for that! but on the other hand, sounds pretty immoral to me to leave your family in poor conditions when you might be in a position to make a change.
when you put it that way, you'd be content living in piss and shit? or would you rebel even though it might cost someone their life?
Apr 6 2013 01:04am
Quote (luvImpose @ Apr 6 2013 02:01am)
let's say you lived in north korea, huh? living under a dictator who shovels bullshit propaganda into your mouth for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. he created a country with massive amounts of hunger and famine, while he lives a rich life with no wants unfulfilled.
your whole family is going hungry; you have no money; you have no hope.  but you have morals, thank fuck for that! but on the other hand, sounds pretty immoral to me to leave your family in poor conditions when you might be in a position to make a change.
when you put it that way, you'd be content living in piss and shit? or would you rebel even though it might cost someone their life?

in the mindset that i am in right now (born and raised in america) i can say 100% that i would NEVER kill anyone for personal gain
i would rather live in a ditch for the rest of my life than kill someone and be a billionaire

i cant say that if i was born and raised in NK that i would be the same because i wouldnt even be the same person i am today

Apr 6 2013 01:06am
Quote (Magnet0 @ Apr 6 2013 01:01am)
i wasnt talking about that particular statement
but i'd rather put my faith in an infallible God than human research

the smartest of humans thought the world was flat a few hundred years ago ya know :D

so when you or one of your family members gets diagnosed with cancer, you'll rely on faith healing to be their savior correct? or would you resort to petty, human devised treatments created by human research?
according to you, you'd put all of your faith in god to heal them, correct?
Gold: 1.73
Apr 6 2013 01:06am
Quote (Matao @ 6 Apr 2013 02:50)
no, the bible doesnt date before israel , but feel free to substantiate your opinion
and while your at it, feel free to point out any errors in the page i linked

facts are facts

Have you ever read the old testament?

Quote (luvImpose @ 6 Apr 2013 03:01)
your whole family is going hungry; you have no money; you have no hope.  but you have morals, thank fuck for that! but on the other hand, sounds pretty immoral to me to leave your family in poor conditions when you might be in a position to make a change.

Honestly you seem kinda dumb, and should leave this conversation as you aren't really contributing to it. You are making an argument where there isn't any and pulling personal opinion where logic should be.

This post was edited by ChrisKz on Apr 6 2013 01:08am
Apr 6 2013 01:11am
Quote (luvImpose @ Apr 6 2013 02:06am)
so when you or one of your family members gets diagnosed with cancer, you'll rely on faith healing to be their savior correct? or would you resort to petty, human devised treatments created by human research?
according to you, you'd put all of your faith in god to heal them, correct?

i never said that
in fact i am an EMT and i strongly believe in helping ourselves live/ heal
i dont sit in my house and rely on God to feed me and give me water
Jesus ate and drank when he came to earth, and He healed people
God gave us plants and other remedies for us to use.

Apr 6 2013 01:11am
Quote (ChrisKz @ Apr 6 2013 01:06am)
Have you ever read the old testament?

Honestly you seem kinda dumb, and should leave this conversation as you aren't really contributing to it. You are making an argument where there isn't any and pulling personal opinion where logic should be.

lol. pretty sure you're the guy i read probably a year ago saying you're a bio major who's clearly an expert about biology, and went on to say a lot of scientists don't believe in evolution because there are so many holes in it
now you're saying you're an ex-bio major... what are you, a college dropout retard now? honestly, you sound like an unthinking dolt.
Go Back To General Archive Topic List
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic