d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive > Ask An Ex-satanist Anything
Prev14567822Next
Closed New Topic
Gold: 120.00
Jun 23 2013 01:47pm
what rituals did you perform?
Gold: 0.00
Jun 23 2013 01:47pm
Quote (OhOhHerrow @ 23 Jun 2013 20:44)
image googling 'satanism' brings up dark and scary images
was your church dark and scary?

We had no official Church. There is no need for a place of worship as Satanists do not worship. We would meet up and perform rituals just about anywhere but the preferred place for our cabal was generally around the 'Hilly Fields' nature reserve in Colchester where we would camp out overnight, light a bonfire and have a party after everyone had performed whatever rituals they felt necessary to perform for their own wellbeing.
Gold: 50.00
Jun 23 2013 01:48pm
Quote (Vivienne @ Jun 23 2013 02:47pm)
We had no official Church. There is no need for a place of worship as Satanists do not worship. We would meet up and perform rituals just about anywhere but the preferred place for our cabal was generally around the 'Hilly Fields' nature reserve in Colchester where we would camp out overnight, light a bonfire and have a party after everyone had performed whatever rituals they felt necessary to perform for their own wellbeing.

was it always overnight?
sounds dark and scary
Gold: 385.01
Jun 23 2013 01:49pm
so this is why you rage so hard. that explains a lot...
Gold: 0.09
Jun 23 2013 01:51pm
Quote (Vivienne @ Jun 23 2013 09:37am)
Yep. I used to be a member of the British Church of Satan. I was an administrator and secretary there for 3 years from the age of 18-21. I'm now back to being a pretty militant atheist but sometimes I miss the old church. It was nice to get together sometimes and let all my frustration out and at some points in my life I still perform some of the old rituals as a part of releasing stress and pent up rage. It's a great way to release.

So ask me anything (on the subject of Satanism). I won't lie.

I don't believe in the devil that makes me invAlid as a potential member huh
Gold: 5.77
Jun 23 2013 01:51pm
How does it feel to have belonged to a religion based on mistranslation and misunderstanding of the Torah?

Satan = an opponent. In the Bible there are many different Satans. All of them reside in Heaven with God and serve as something like a prosecutor testing man's innocence before God's court. In other words, these Satans are all goodly angels living with God and serving His Will.

And Lucifer, of course, is a human king, not a supernatural being.
Gold: 1,341.48
Warn: 10%
Jun 23 2013 01:52pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Jun 23 2013 12:51pm)
How does it feel to have belonged to a religion based on mistranslation and misunderstanding of the Torah?

Satan = an opponent. In the Bible there are many different Satans. All of them reside in Heaven with God and serve as something like a prosecutor testing man's innocence before God's court. In other words, these Satans are all goodly angels living with God and serving His Will.

Some serious fucking irony in here.
Jun 23 2013 01:59pm
Quote (UncleMuscles @ 23 Jun 2013 20:47)
what rituals did you perform?

Many different ones taken from many different cultures. Popular favourites involved burning or otherwise destroying effigies that represent people who have angered or offended you in some way. The main idea is to use the psychological effect of such rituals in order to express and release pent up emotion and free yourself of the oppression which such feelings impose upon you.

Example - Bob pisses you off somehow. This sits with you and causes a negative feeling which affects you. Bob now has a measure of control over you. You beat and then burn a doll representing Bob which allows you to have closure on the matter and release your feelings of anger toward Bob without it harming you or Bob.

Other Rituals involve manipulating other people to do what you want them to. These are harder to explain but again the idea is to create a mindset or psychological effect which allows you to present yourself more persuasively or more powerfully to another person.

Quote (Black487 @ 23 Jun 2013 20:47)
What percent is theatrics as opposed to actually believing in "Satan" and rituals having actual supernatural powers?

It is all theatrics. Satanists do not profess to have supernatural powers or believe in Satan. The theatrics are there to provide a compelling but self aware fantasy in which someone's psychological state can be more easily affected.

Quote (OhOhHerrow @ 23 Jun 2013 20:48)
was it always overnight?
sounds dark and scary

It's all about the theatrics. The dark is not scary if you are using it toward your own ends.
Jun 23 2013 02:04pm
Quote (Sigmundfreud @ 23 Jun 2013 20:51)
I don't believe in the devil that makes me invAlid as a potential member huh

No. Satanists do not believe in the devil

Quote (inkanddagger @ 23 Jun 2013 20:51)

How does it feel to not know anything about what you're talking about? Satan is chosen as a figurehead for Satanism because it represents opposition. It is opposition to anyone having rule over you. Satanism presents you as master of yourself.
Gold: 1,341.48
Warn: 10%
Jun 23 2013 02:14pm
Quote (bigbody989 @ Jun 23 2013 10:44am)
I don't want to be content with being miserable.

But contempt with being ignorant.

Gf
Go Back To General Archive Topic List
Prev14567822Next
Closed New Topic