d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive > How Do Christians Think The > World Started 6000 Years Ago?
Prev145678Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 975.03
Apr 6 2013 12:46am
Quote (ChrisKz @ Apr 6 2013 12:31am)
thats morals*

no, you're a dumbass.
religion prevents an uprising because it creates the illusion that you'll live happily ever after if you just suffer through your life living under your overlords. keep in mind we're living in a very different time from a lot of the other people who have lived on earth, like the serfs who spent their lives tending lands for their feudal lords, when they could have led a rebellion to overthrow their masters and live a more equitable life instead of under someone's servitude. religion's just gone on longer than necessary because it's been passed down in families. but in all fairness, a lot of people in today's time need to be controlled and have a set in stone moral code because they can't think for themselves.
but, following the theme of the quote, people live their lives according to the status quo that religion sets in order to lead an enjoyable afterlife or whatever, and probably aren't even rewarded later because the afterlife probably doesn't exist.

Quote (ChrisKz @ Apr 6 2013 12:41am)
Hmm a lot of the new testament is guess work too, because it may have been the diciples assistants who wrote them, or another who was with that person at the time. According to writing habbits and such. I just learned about these things so its time to whip em out!
Most of the bible isn't exact on who wrote it, but there are a lot they are pretty sure on as well.

you do realize wikipedia isn't proper peer review right? you can't use that for a real discussion.

edit: also the bible dates before Israel.

how bout you link some peer reviewed articles to support what you're saying, because tbh i think most people trust wikipedia over you

This post was edited by luvImpose on Apr 6 2013 12:47am
Gold: 132.27
Apr 6 2013 12:46am
Quote (Matao @ Apr 6 2013 01:40am)

could you give me a quote? my eyes are too weary at 3 in the morning :zzz:
Gold: 1.73
Apr 6 2013 12:47am
Quote (luvImpose @ 6 Apr 2013 02:46)
no, you're a dumbass.
religion prevents an uprising because it creates the illusion that you'll live happily ever after if you just suffer through your life living under your overlords. keep in mind we're living in a very different time from a lot of the other people who have lived on earth, like the serfs who spent their lives tending lands for their feudal lords, when they could have led a rebellion to overthrow their masters and live a more equitable life instead of under someone's servitude. religion's just gone on longer than necessary because it's been passed down in families. but in all fairness, a lot of people in today's time need to be controlled and have a set in stone moral code because they can't think for themselves.
but, following the theme of the quote, people live their lives according to the status quo that religion sets in order to lead an enjoyable afterlife or whatever, and probably aren't even rewarded later because the afterlife probably doesn't exist.

thats for the ignorant masses back then. Nowadays my life would be the same with or without me being a Christian, because of my education.
Gold: 975.03
Apr 6 2013 12:48am
Quote (ChrisKz @ Apr 6 2013 12:47am)
thats for the ignorant masses back then. Nowadays my life would be the same with or without me being a Christian, because of my education.

you act like there aren't ignorant masses now. if you're wondering, you're probably part of it
Gold: 4,999.00
Apr 6 2013 12:49am
I believe they don't think it that way. Otherwise they'd be stuck in 2nd grade where there's some explanation about the earth and how and when was this created.
Apr 6 2013 12:50am
Quote (luvImpose @ Apr 6 2013 01:46am)
no, you're a dumbass.

i think theres a difference in morals and religion
if i wasnt a christian i still wouldnt go around stealing everybodys stuff and killing people for personal gain
Gold: 90.65
Warn: 50%
Apr 6 2013 12:50am
Quote (ChrisKz @ Apr 6 2013 06:41pm)
Hmm a lot of the new testament is guess work too, because it may have been the diciples assistants who wrote them, or another who was with that person at the time. According to writing habbits and such. I just learned about these things so its time to whip em out!
Most of the bible isn't exact on who wrote it, but there are a lot they are pretty sure on as well.

you do realize wikipedia isn't proper peer review right? you can't use that for a real discussion.

edit: also the bible dates before Israel.

no, the bible doesnt date before israel , but feel free to substantiate your opinion
and while your at it, feel free to point out any errors in the page i linked

facts are facts
Apr 6 2013 12:52am
Quote (Matao @ Apr 6 2013 01:50am)
no, the bible doesnt date before israel , but feel free to substantiate your opinion
and while your at it, feel free to point out any errors in the page i linked

facts are facts

your facts are based on books and stories passed down through generations
so are christian facts :)

/e
im not trying to argue anything
im trying to just have a discussion with you guys

This post was edited by Magnet0 on Apr 6 2013 12:52am
Gold: 4,999.00
Apr 6 2013 12:53am
fact is a fact when it's stated out clearly with a "Proof"