d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive > Lols Were Had, Oh Jesus...
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 1,616.00
Jul 26 2016 11:31pm
Jeeezus
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Jul 27 2016 12:15am
Quote (NatureNames @ Jul 26 2016 02:50am)

I love howard stern
Gold: 5,333.00
Jul 27 2016 12:17am
lol
Gold: 222.46
Jul 27 2016 03:08am
I love me some jebus
Gold: 9.00
Jul 27 2016 03:47am
when...
Gold: 1,276.69
Jul 27 2016 06:20am
Quote (Da5id1an @ Jul 27 2016 04:50am)
belief in the imaginary becomes a problem when you are constantly disappointed by lack of results
whereas with yourself you can be disappointed and impressed but its all you either way
i can for sure see the appeal
i can also see the appeal of Santa claus and the easter bunny but we all gotta grow up and face reality some day

The point of that belief isn't to conjure something from nothing it's to help you accomplish things yourself, hence the whole "god only helps those to help themselves" thing. That's how people turn their lives around through things like religion and spirituality, regardless of whether whatever diety they believe in exists or not.
Gold: 30.00
Jul 27 2016 06:31am
Quote (CPK001 @ Jul 25 2016 10:33pm)
Do you think helping and serving other people is brainwashing?

Do you like to put yourself above all other people and want others to serve you?

What will you do WHEN the big storm comes in your life and you have your midlife crisis? Where will you turn for your hope and salvation?

Isnt that exactly what Jesus wants you to do for him?
Gold: 222.46
Jul 27 2016 06:36am
Jebus loves the little children
Gold: 0.00
Jul 27 2016 06:41am
Quote (TortoiseBox @ Jul 27 2016 10:31pm)
Isnt that exactly what Jesus wants you to do for him?

Short answer yes. Here is why.

Worship is to give honor, homage, reverence, respect, adoration, praise or glory to a superior being. God demands worship because He and He alone is worthy of it.
He requests that we acknowledge His greatness, His power and His glory.

Since God created us, He will not be usurped. "You shall not make for yourself a carved image - any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me" (Exodus 20:3-5)

God expects us to worship Him as an expression of reverence and thanksgiving to Him but God also expects us to be obedient to Him. He wants us to not only love him but also to act justly toward each other, to show love and compassion to others.

God also desires that we worship Him because our eternal destiny depends on our worship of the true and living God. The church is made up of those who worship God in their spirit rejoicing in Christ and not trusting in themselves for salvation. Those who do not worship the true and living God are none of His and their eternal destiny is hell. The true worshipers are identified by their worship of God and their eternal home is with the God they worship and adore.

All credit goes to this site, these words are not my own.

http://www.gotquestions.org/God-demand-worship.html
Gold: 30.00
Jul 27 2016 06:47am
Quote (CPK001 @ Jul 27 2016 06:41am)
Short answer yes. Here is why.

Worship is to give honor, homage, reverence, respect, adoration, praise or glory to a superior being. God demands worship because He and He alone is worthy of it.
He requests that we acknowledge His greatness, His power and His glory.

Since God created us, He will not be usurped. "You shall not make for yourself a carved image - any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me" (Exodus 20:3-5)

God expects us to worship Him as an expression of reverence and thanksgiving to Him but God also expects us to be obedient to Him. He wants us to not only love him but also to act justly toward each other, to show love and compassion to others.

God also desires that we worship Him because our eternal destiny depends on our worship of the true and living God. The church is made up of those who worship God in their spirit rejoicing in Christ and not trusting in themselves for salvation. Those who do not worship the true and living God are none of His and their eternal destiny is hell. The true worshipers are identified by their worship of God and their eternal home is with the God they worship and adore.

All credit goes to this site, these words are not my own.

http://www.gotquestions.org/God-demand-worship.html

1). Why would you follow such a narcissistic god?
2). Then why dont people of religion give really any respect to those that dont follow? Or even those that do. They act like its a fucking competition for Gods love and they shit on people for "not believing hard enough." like theyre fucking soccer moms.
Go Back To General Archive Topic List
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic