d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive >
Poll > Anyone Here E-cig? > If So, Post A Picture Of Your E-cig!
Prev1345679Next
Add Reply New Topic
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 22.00
Mar 22 2014 01:25pm
Quote (likeasloth @ Mar 22 2014 02:24pm)
My chemistry background > your drop out level of education.

i took that class in high school too.

know what people who are desperate to make a point do? make assumptions [√]
Gold: 20.70
Mar 22 2014 01:29pm
Quote (Wretch @ Mar 22 2014 02:25pm)
i took that class in high school too.

know what people who are desperate to make a point do? make assumptions [√]

Except it wasn't in reference to highschool ;). But you know what makes you look even more pathetic is that you consider " field research " ( really being an idiot saying oh it had no apparent effects on me it must be ok ) as ok basis to tell people that it is good for them. You're the definition of an ignorant fool. Honestly don't preach about something if you don't know shit about the chemical you're talking about and what it is generally used for.
Gold: 1,173.00
Mar 22 2014 01:29pm
Propylene glycol, also called 1,2-propanediol or propane-1,2-diol, is an organic compound (a diol or double alcohol) with formula C3H8O2. It is a colorless, nearly odorless, clear, viscous liquid with a faintly sweet taste, hygroscopic and miscible with water, acetone, and chloroform.

Yes. Propylene Glycol has bad stuff in it like acetone and chloroform. Far from the amount of ingredients found in tobacco smoke.

Propylene glycol is considered generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and it is used as an humectant (E1520), solvent, and preservative in food and for tobacco products, as well as being one of the major ingredients of the "e-liquid" used in electronic cigarettes along with vegetable glycerin. It is also used in pharmaceutical and personal care products. Propylene glycol is used as a solvent in many pharmaceuticals, including oral, injectable and topical formulations, such as for diazepam and lorazepam which are insoluble in water.
Like ethylene glycol, propylene glycol is able to lower the freezing point of water, and so it is used as aircraft de-icing fluid. Water-propylene glycol mixtures dyed pink to indicate the mixture is relatively nontoxic are sold under the name of RV or marine antifreeze. It is also used to winterize a vacant structure

Hmm.. It appears to be recognized as safe by the FDA and is considered non-toxic. Why isn't that educating..?

What's that say there? It's used in the preservation of food!? NO WAY!! Guess you better read every ingredient in your food products from now one, sure as hell don't want to be poisoned by a non-toxic food preserver. Better tell the pharmacist you don't want any products with propylene glycol in it either, because of all the toxins and stuff ya know.

Research has suggested that individuals who cannot tolerate propylene glycol probably experience a special form of irritation, but that they only rarely develop allergic contact dermatitis. Other investigators believe that the incidence of allergic contact dermatitis to propylene glycol may be greater than 2% in patients with eczema.

Well that makes sense as I used to get eczema when I lived in Kansas. (I think it was due to the water and cold temps during the winter.)

I still don't see anything life threatening about these E-Cigs.
Mar 22 2014 01:31pm
Quote (likeasloth @ 22 Mar 2014 14:24)
My chemistry background > your drop out level of education.

Alright. Let me set the record straight. Watching Breaking Bad and having a meth lab in your basement does not give you a chemistry background. Just gonna put that out there right meow.
Mar 22 2014 01:32pm
Quote (NinjaSushi2 @ Mar 22 2014 02:29pm)
Yes. Propylene Glycol has bad stuff in it like acetone and chloroform. Far from the amount of ingredients found in tobacco smoke.

Hmm.. It appears to be recognized as safe by the FDA and is considered non-toxic. Why isn't that educating..?

What's that say there? It's used in the preservation of food!? NO WAY!! Guess you better read every ingredient in your food products from now one, sure as hell don't want to be poisoned by a non-toxic food preserver. Better tell the pharmacist you don't want any products with propylene glycol in it either, because of all the toxins and stuff ya know.

Well that makes sense as I used to get eczema when I lived in Kansas. (I think it was due to the water and cold temps during the winter.)

I still don't see anything life threatening about these E-Cigs.

"Miscible definition, capable of being mixed: miscible ingredients." :P
Mar 22 2014 01:32pm
it is listed as generally safe, exactly what I said.. but also associated with health issues involving respiratory system and the kidneys. You obviously haven't looked further into it and only decided to pick what best fit your argument. As you can see I clearly said it has it's benefits but it still isn't good for you.
Mar 22 2014 01:36pm
Quote (likeasloth @ 22 Mar 2014 14:32)
it is listed as generally safe, exactly what I said.. but also associated with health issues involving  respiratory system and  the kidneys. You obviously haven't looked further into it and only decided to pick what best fit your argument. As you can see I clearly said it has it's benefits but it still isn't good for you.

It is associated with health issues involving the respiratory system you say? Gee wiz Batman! I guess that's why we said it was used in inhalers.. for people with* asthma... a respiratory problem..

Something tells me you would have a hard time with this:

This post was edited by NinjaSushi2 on Mar 22 2014 01:36pm
Mar 22 2014 01:36pm
Quote (likeasloth @ Mar 22 2014 02:32pm)
it is listed as generally safe, exactly what I said.. but also associated with health issues involving  respiratory system and  the kidneys. You obviously haven't looked further into it and only decided to pick what best fit your argument. As you can see I clearly said it has it's benefits but it still isn't good for you.

polypropylene glycol fucks with your kidneys.

not propylene glycol.

your high school chemistry teacher would be upset with you.
Mar 22 2014 01:37pm
Quote (Wretch @ 22 Mar 2014 14:36)

not propylene glycol.

BRO! You are clearly arguing with a chemist and a mixologist. We lost this argument before it even began.. :(
Mar 22 2014 01:44pm
Quote (Wretch @ Mar 22 2014 02:36pm)

not propylene glycol.

Yet again you're wrong, still clear you have no idea about the chemical. There is a reason it is registered as a toxin with the cdc but I bet you didn't even know that.
Go Back To General Archive Topic List
Prev1345679Next
Add Reply New Topic