d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive > Lols Were Had, Oh Jesus...
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 205.00
Jul 26 2016 12:50pm
Quote (Condemn @ Jul 26 2016 05:13am)
nah, a higher power is a constant, something you can always believe in - the same can't be said about believing in yourself
I can definitely see the appeal of religion

belief in the imaginary becomes a problem when you are constantly disappointed by lack of results
whereas with yourself you can be disappointed and impressed but its all you either way
i can for sure see the appeal
i can also see the appeal of Santa claus and the easter bunny but we all gotta grow up and face reality some day

Quote (CPK001 @ Jul 26 2016 03:52am)
No, what prevents me from understanding is that I do not speak Atheist, which by the way is a non-prophet organization.

what does it mean to "speak athiest"? intelligent logical conversation and arguments where my reasoning is based on something beyond "the bible says so"?
you sir should probably not reproduce
also atheism is not an organization we dont have meetins, no buildings, no tax write offs just a group of people who happen to agree that religion is awful

This post was edited by Da5id1an on Jul 26 2016 12:53pm
Gold: 1.73
Jul 26 2016 12:57pm
Quote (Da5id1an @ 26 Jul 2016 14:50)
belief in the imaginary becomes a problem when you are constantly disappointed by lack of results
whereas with yourself you can be disappointed and impressed but its all you either way
i can also see the appeal of Santa claus and the easter bunny but we all gotta grow up and face reality some day

what does it mean to "speak athiest"? intelligent logical conversation and arguments where my reasoning is based on something beyond "the bible says so"?
also atheism is not an organization we dont have meetins, no buildings, no tax write offs just a group of people who happen to agree that religion is awful

People who think as religion as only because the bible said so status are lowly in their thinking. Religion still exists to this day because it has a logical philosophical appeal. Don't think that there aren't people smarter than you who are secular and non-secular, they exist, everywhere.
Maybe you should increase your knowledge and perspective as to how things work in this world rather than be so closed minded.
Sure, some people exploit resources within their churches but the churches and their organizations do an overwhelming amount of good compared to the overall population, only charities eclipsing their contributions to the betterment of the world.
Gold: 205.00
Jul 26 2016 03:13pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ Jul 26 2016 11:57am)
People who think as religion as only because the bible said so status are lowly in their thinking. Religion still exists to this day because it has a logical philosophical appeal. Don't think that there aren't people smarter than you who are secular and non-secular, they exist, everywhere.
Maybe you should increase your knowledge and perspective as to how things work in this world rather than be so closed minded.
Sure, some people exploit resources within their churches but the churches and their organizations do an overwhelming amount of good compared to the overall population, only charities eclipsing their contributions to the betterment of the world.

i want you to understand this guy has been saying things like he believes a disobedient child should be stoned to death if he doesnt obey his parents because he will grow up to be a heathen
thats the kind of person we are speaking to
religion still exists because people are indoctrinated from birth
hard to argue with what you are taught is reality when you arent shown anything else
Gold: 16,240.00
Jul 26 2016 03:21pm
ha! organised religion is ridiculous a lot of the time (exept buddism and maybe some hindu stuff)

but so is atheism so don't feel too good
agnostic is where it's at or some type of new age religion ^_^
Gold: 1.73
Jul 26 2016 03:24pm
Quote (Da5id1an @ 26 Jul 2016 17:13)
i want you to understand this guy has been saying things like he believes a disobedient child should be stoned to death if he doesnt obey his parents because he will grow up to be a heathen
hard to argue with what you are taught is reality when you arent shown anything else

People who aren't indoctrinated from birth also follow the path. People from birth also turn atheist so your argument has literally no merit.
Gold: 16,240.00
Jul 26 2016 06:55pm
Gold: 252.29
Jul 26 2016 10:39pm
Quote (NatureNames @ Jul 26 2016 06:20am)

Replace god with gallows and it becomes funny.

But that aside.

I think the gallows stop a lot of people from raping and killing.

Gold: 3.79
Jul 26 2016 11:01pm
if you're still trying to have a conversation with a person who believes in magic as a scientific truth, you played yourself

good luck op
Gold: 45,015.90
Warn: 10%
Jul 26 2016 11:24pm
I came here to troll and then noticed theres like lots of big posts and only now do I truly realize youre all so (pretty) so fuckin (pretty)
Gold: 0.00
Jul 26 2016 11:28pm
Quote (Da5id1an @ Jul 27 2016 04:50am)

Speaking atheist means to get all emotional and bottled up about the entire concept. It is being so close-minded that you will respond in anger and insults.

You should know that whenever I have presented or explained something about Christianity, it is researched and investigated very thoroughly.

Quote (Da5id1an @ Jul 27 2016 07:13am)

So you would like to have people like Brett Peter Cowan in this world? Imagine an entire nation of people like him when the children eventually grow up.

That is your logic, that is the kind of evil we are talking about.
Go Back To General Archive Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic