d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive > Is It Right To Eat Animals?
Prev12345610Next
Closed New Topic
Gold: 260.11
Jul 1 2016 12:13pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Jul 1 2016 11:25am)
Wild game depends on the ability of the cook and the hunter. You said earlier that suffering makes it taste better, it's actually the opposite. So if you had wild game that was too tough, the hunter was probably a terrible hunter and caused undue stress to the animal upon killing it and or your wife parents don't know how to cook meat. Heh.

It's like the pain seasons the soul before it leaves the body. Such delicious suffering.
Gold: 16,240.00
Jul 1 2016 12:54pm
Quote (BebebBurns @ Jul 1 2016 05:37pm)
eh wtf??? fdskrö that's an authority issue mate concealed it mysticism...
well what do you think - which life do you prefer and dont you seem any difference that you wouild life your whole life in jail? it's big difference, it's still wrong but atleast they potentially LIVED not suffered all they life.
witch milk production their male babys are slaughtered right away and drugged issue is kinda u fucked up so wouldnt want to go there at all atm since in hurruy

well i try to ban (with progressivelu taxing more and more (better faster that slower but understand its complicated since its big industry)) meat / dairy / eggs politically and socially advertising it so i hope at least sometimes i can spread the thinging/word/w/e - ive been doing this to the point of preaching which is problematic to the cause :)

oh jesus, wait until you come down before posting please
Gold: 2.70
Jul 1 2016 01:00pm
yes, meat is tasty
Gold: 16,240.00
Jul 1 2016 01:13pm
Quote (kayeto @ Jul 1 2016 06:02pm)
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Therefore, the only way to prevent suffering would be extinction. A "non-suffering existence" is a silly concept that does not deserve to be discussed.

When humans choose to use an animal for food, they are maximizing that species' chances of survival. They are helping it adapt for the new Earth (i.e. the planet humans have terraformed to work with our technology). The unlucky species are the ones we don't eat/domesticate. Those are the ones that can become endangered.

Some suffering is probably necessary but it doesn't mean we shouldn't try to reduce it. Or that it doesn't matter how much things suffer!

What's the point of surviving for a terrible life. It doesn't really matter to an individual/species if it goes extinct, they're all going to die at some point anyway. It only matters to us left behind able to appreciate what's lost.
Gold: 1.73
Jul 1 2016 01:34pm
u think animals care when they cause suffering when they eat?
Gold: 159.02
Jul 1 2016 01:41pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ 1 Jul 2016 13:34)
u think animals care when they cause suffering when they eat?

animals aren't rational beings with moral agency. if causing arbitrary suffering for living creatures is a bad thing then animal farming in the presence of viable alternatives is wrong
Gold: 6.69
Jul 1 2016 01:43pm
Yes. They a good and tasty source of protein
Jul 1 2016 01:48pm
Quote (Devil_kin @ 1 Jul 2016 15:41)
animals aren't rational beings with moral agency. if causing arbitrary suffering for living creatures is a bad thing then animal farming in the presence of viable alternatives is wrong

oh really? The only reason to stop eating meat is if you force yourself to feel that it is morally wrong. People have been doing it since they have existed. Animals have been doing it since it existed. It is the circle of life.

People treat other people like they treat animals sometimes too. If you really want something done focus on that instead.

Animals are a food source, the only reason to not exploit it is because you have too much free time to worry about the suffering of an animal. If you got down to the science of it they are no better than a human embryo that we are aborting left and right. Whats the difference? I hope you support all sorts of life or you are a hypocritical piece of shit. Thank you.

This post was edited by ChrisKz on Jul 1 2016 01:50pm
Gold: 159.02
Jul 1 2016 02:24pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ 1 Jul 2016 13:48)
oh really? The only reason to stop eating meat is if you force yourself to feel that it is morally wrong. People have been doing it since they have existed. Animals have been doing it since it existed. It is the circle of life.

People treat other people like they treat animals sometimes too. If you really want something done focus on that instead.

Animals are a food source, the only reason to not exploit it is because you have too much free time to worry about the suffering of an animal. If you got down to the science of it they are no better than a human embryo that we are aborting left and right. Whats the difference? I hope you support all sorts of life or you are a hypocritical piece of shit. Thank you.

refute my argument or stop posting
Jul 1 2016 02:26pm
Quote (Devil_kin @ 1 Jul 2016 16:24)
refute my argument or stop posting

I just did. You are just too dumb to see it.
Go Back To General Archive Topic List
Prev12345610Next
Closed New Topic