d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive > Gathering Of The Rands
Prev1231232233234235290Next
Closed New Topic
Gold: 203.50
Jun 16 2012 10:25am
Quote (ponylegs @ Jun 16 2012 11:23am)
you don't know enough on the subject to actually converse with. i don't feel like explaining everything and telling you that his steroid use/abuse was speculative and informing you on every little detail. i don't care that the guy did steroids if he did, so what. if he did, good, i would rather aspire to be someone like him and do it natural, to attain his physique naturally or at least try to.

Guild: SwoleCentral
Gold: 4.21
Warn: 60%
Jun 16 2012 10:26am
Quote (Diutinus @ Jun 16 2012 12:19pm)
Lol Piddywiffle said "I always take my steroids with a piece of fresh fruit! I am so healthy!" :rofl:

lol :lol:

Quote (ponylegs @ Jun 16 2012 12:20pm)
it's pretty easy to attain both of those though.

Not for everyone but maybe for the average person. Health is largely based on your genetics. If you have shitty genetics with hereditary diseases in your family then you're pretty much fucked. Technology and medicine is slowly overcoming that though.

Quote (carmelhockey @ Jun 16 2012 12:21pm)
There he is!!

Hi :)
Jun 16 2012 10:27am
Quote (HeyMan @ Jun 16 2012 11:26am)
lol  :lol:

Not for everyone but maybe for the average person. Health is largely based on your genetics. If you have shitty genetics with hereditary diseases in your family then you're pretty much fucked. Technology and medicine is slowly overcoming that though.

Where the hell have you been man
Gold: 15.00
Warn: 20%
Jun 16 2012 10:28am
Quote (HeyMan @ Jun 16 2012 12:26pm)
lol  :lol:

ah, the loser's excuse. if you care to continue this discussion, we can and i'll prove you wrong. the only limits you have are the ones you place on yourself.
Jun 16 2012 10:28am
Quote (carmelhockey @ Jun 16 2012 12:27pm)
Where the hell have you been man

Same place as always, just not on JSP :P

I think I'm back now though.
Jun 16 2012 10:33am
Quote (ponylegs @ Jun 16 2012 12:28pm)
ah, the loser's excuse. if you care to continue this discussion, we can and i'll prove you wrong. the only limits you have are the ones you place on yourself.

Excuse? Go tell that to the people dying from different diseases that they were born with. Just like the guy in your sig, died early from a bad heart condition. Young people drop dead all the time from having unknown heart defects that they were born with. It has nothing to do with an excuse.

It's like saying someone with cancer is just a loser with an excuse and they put limits on themselves.
Jun 16 2012 10:36am
Quote (HeyMan @ Jun 16 2012 11:28am)
Same place as always, just not on JSP :P

I think I'm back now though.

Well welcome back
Gold: 15.00
Warn: 20%
Jun 16 2012 10:37am
Quote (HeyMan @ Jun 16 2012 12:33pm)
Excuse? Go tell that to the people dying from different diseases that they were born with. Just like the guy in your sig, died early from a bad heart condition. Young people drop dead all the time from having unknown heart defects that they were born with. It has nothing to do with an excuse.

It's like saying someone with cancer is just a loser with an excuse and they put limits on themselves.

okay, you spoke about genetics and getting fit. if someone has cancer, they have cancer. if someone's family is "predisposed" to obesity, that's a pitiful excuse. i'm talking about people being lazy and sticking to what they're told, believing what others say. more people need to go against the fucking grain.

example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

notes:

Arthur Boorman was a disabled veteran of the Gulf War for 15 years, and was told by his doctors that he would never be able to walk on his own, ever again.

He stumbled upon an article about Diamond Dallas Page doing Yoga and decided to give it a try -- he couldn't do traditional, higher impact exercise, so he tried DDP YOGA and sent an email to Dallas telling him his story.

Dallas was so moved by his story, he began emailing and speaking on the phone with Arthur throughout his journey - he encouraged Arthur to keep going and to believe that anything was possible. Even though doctors told him walking would never happen, Arthur was persistent. He fell many times, but kept going.

Arthur was getting stronger rapidly, and he was losing weight at an incredible rate! Because of DDP's specialized workout, he gained tremendous balance and flexibility -- which gave him hope that maybe someday, he'd be able to walk again.

His story is proof, that we cannot place limits on what we are capable of doing, because we often do not know our own potential. Niether Arthur, nor Dallas knew what he would go on to accomplish, but this video speaks for itself. In less than a year, Arthur completely transformed his life. If only he had known what he was capable of, 15 years earlier.

Do not waste any time thinking you are stuck - you can take control over your life, and change it faster than you might think.

Hopefully this story can inspire you to follow your dreams - whatever they may be.
Anything is Possible!
Jun 16 2012 10:37am
Quote (carmelhockey @ Jun 16 2012 12:36pm)
Well welcome back

Thanks bro.
Jun 16 2012 10:40am
Quote (ponylegs @ Jun 16 2012 12:37pm)
okay, you spoke about genetics and getting fit. if someone has cancer, they have cancer. if someone's family is "predisposed" to obesity, that's a pitiful excuse. i'm talking about people being lazy and sticking to what they're told, believing what others say. more people need to go against the fucking grain.

example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

notes:

Arthur Boorman was a disabled veteran of the Gulf War for 15 years, and was told by his doctors that he would never be able to walk on his own, ever again.

He stumbled upon an article about Diamond Dallas Page doing Yoga and decided to give it a try -- he couldn't do traditional, higher impact exercise, so he tried DDP YOGA and sent an email to Dallas telling him his story.

Dallas was so moved by his story, he began emailing and speaking on the phone with Arthur throughout his journey - he encouraged Arthur to keep going and to believe that anything was possible. Even though doctors told him walking would never happen, Arthur was persistent. He fell many times, but kept going.

Arthur was getting stronger rapidly, and he was losing weight at an incredible rate! Because of DDP's specialized workout, he gained tremendous balance and flexibility -- which gave him hope that maybe someday, he'd be able to walk again.

His story is proof, that we cannot place limits on what we are capable of doing, because we often do not know our own potential. Niether Arthur, nor Dallas knew what he would go on to accomplish, but this video speaks for itself. In less than a year, Arthur completely transformed his life. If only he had known what he was capable of, 15 years earlier.

Do not waste any time thinking you are stuck - you can take control over your life, and change it faster than you might think.

Hopefully this story can inspire you to follow your dreams - whatever they may be.
Anything is Possible!

When I was talking about things being hereditary, I was not including obesity, because that IS just an excuse. I was talking about much more serious diseases. Autoimmune disorders and whatnot.

Of course you can post a story about a guy who was told that he would never walk again and then he does walk again. That's not the norm though, it's an exception. For every person that walked after being told they couldn't, how many do you think really couldn't ever walk? A LOT more.

In the end, some things are simply out of our control no matter how hard we try and want it. If you think otherwise then you're just naive imo.

This post was edited by HeyMan on Jun 16 2012 10:41am
Go Back To General Archive Topic List
Prev1231232233234235290Next
Closed New Topic