d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive > Public Vs Private Schooling.
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 1,616.00
Aug 4 2016 09:10pm
Quote (Placed @ Aug 4 2016 11:09pm)
Ninja aye..

:)

loooooooool
Gold: 4.41
Aug 4 2016 09:16pm
Some communities pour a lot of budget effort into their public schools (district seat might also have something to do with it too ), theres a lot of gray area when it comes to quality, depends on how receptive residents are initially with tax terms.

In my experience at least in jr high to high school (public), there were more engaged and motivated educators there, than I had experienced in College (a private school). Friend went to a different private school with a much more engaged program and is doing quite well now.

I realize that's well down the road from the topics scope but it's the same exercise in getting an idea for what value your public program actually has available.

This post was edited by MrSkales on Aug 4 2016 09:19pm
Gold: 1,616.00
Aug 4 2016 09:16pm
Quote (MrSkales @ Aug 4 2016 11:16pm)
Some communities pour a lot of budget effort into their public schools (district seat might also have something to do with it too ), theres a lot of gray area when it comes to quality, depends on how receptive residents are initially with tax terms.

In my experience at least in jr high to high school (public), there were more engaged and motivated educators there, than I had experienced in College (a private school). Friend went to a different private school with a much more engaged program and is doing quite well now.

Yeah... Like
Gold: 583.69
Aug 4 2016 09:18pm
Quote (kissmykeister @ Aug 5 2016 03:09am)
Eh, in a pickle because my mom feels she has a lot of say in my parenting. My little brother is around the same age of my daughter. She wants them to attend school together. My daughters father and I split cost of everything. But with another child on the way and being a single parent only for him, yeah.. shit situation but chose life instead of abortion. (I know judgements will be made, idgaf.)

My mom wants to homeschooling next year. I know a lot of great programs and my cousin does gym classes for home schooled kids. Not a bad idea, but not ideal for this coming year.

I can afford it, just somewhat difficult with another child on the way. Plus the school she attended last year, their "talks" about pregnancy and homosexuality kind of irritated me. More about the homosexuality. My uncle is gay, and they pretty much tell them they are going to hell.

If those religious nuts actually took their bible seriously instead of cherry picking the few parts they like they would would realize how fucked up their religion is. I have never understood how any female could read the bible and think "yea this sounds like a great thing to be a part of".
Gold: 0.69
Aug 4 2016 10:10pm
Kels, I suggest finding another private school, even if it's not a "Catholic" but even just Christian, etc.

Nick (my husband to anyone who doesn't know me like Kels) grew up in Catholic schools, as did all his siblings and they're all fine, functional adults who have multiple degrees and stuff. :)

I personally had no issues in my public school but I have heard of too many.
I know you work hard and too much to.homeschool like me
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 4 2016 10:16pm
Quote (xyzamp @ Aug 4 2016 06:43pm)
I think public school is better, I think its better for development
They get to experience so much more diversity in every aspect

im so glad you said think
Gold: 260.11
Aug 4 2016 10:28pm
As long as its a good school either works. Just do your homework because it totally depends on the schools in your area.
Gold: 4.41
Aug 4 2016 10:32pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 5 2016 04:28am)
As long as its a good school either works. Just do your homework because it totally depends on the schools in your area.

Rings true what you said. And a bit of irony that made me smile
Gold: 252.29
Aug 4 2016 10:42pm
Quote (kissmykeister @ Aug 5 2016 02:36am)
I am in a pickle. I went to Catholic school majority of my life. I have taken my daughter out of the Catholic school I went to. And I am not sure if I should just enroll her into public or a different Catholic school. (The Catholic school I went to has changed over the years and I am not pleased with the staff) with another child on the way, I think it would be the better route of public. Not Columbus public but another public school outside of Columbus.

What are your views on private or public schooling? I know all Is different because of different areas. She can still get the Catholic faith through going to church, etc.

Look for a decent charter school that will not make your baby a tranny commie in 2 years.

Gold: 8,462.66
Aug 4 2016 10:44pm
Quote (Diutinus @ Aug 5 2016 04:10pm)
Kels, I suggest finding another private school, even if it's not a "Catholic" but even just Christian, etc.

Nick (my husband to anyone who doesn't know me like Kels) grew up in Catholic schools, as did all his siblings and they're all fine, functional adults who have multiple degrees and stuff. :)

I personally had no issues in my public school but I have heard of too many.
I know you work hard and too much to.homeschool like me

Absolutely the perfect answer! Public is fine but if you want to do private then no problem
Go Back To General Archive Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic