d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive > Sexist And Racist Users Pls Watch > Important Message
Prev1234512Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 56,000.69
Jul 4 2016 12:38pm
Quote (ringo794 @ Jul 4 2016 01:36pm)
you proud of owning people?
i don't mind being called a cracker, but definitely am not reminiscent of the slavery days (not that I was alive but anyway)

I never owned people just like black people today were never slaves, it's all in the past yet people seem to think that it happened to them personally and so the world owes them handouts.

***Also for that matter, black people sold black people as slaves too, why blame it all on white people? Blacks also weren't the only slaves.

This post was edited by Epot on Jul 4 2016 12:40pm
Gold: 4.00
Jul 4 2016 12:49pm
Quote (Epot @ Jul 4 2016 01:38pm)
I never owned people just like black people today were never slaves, it's all in the past yet people seem to think that it happened to them personally and so the world owes them handouts.

***Also for that matter, black people sold black people as slaves too, why blame it all on white people? Blacks also weren't the only slaves.

agreed with this post, except on the part about handouts
you can't spend hundreds of years tossing people in a hole and expect them to just climb out on their own
equal rights does not mean instant equality, otherwise there would not be a societal difference between blacks and whites that is strongly supported by statistics.
Gold: 2.00
Jul 4 2016 12:51pm
Quote (Epot @ Jul 4 2016 01:38pm)

Blacks are a couple generations out of codified racism, and only several generations out of slavery. To expect that their culture would shirk that in so short a time, and that their place in society would now be unaffected, well that's just wishful thinking.

You know what they say about wishing right? That the other hand will turn brown. Brown like a black's.
Jul 4 2016 12:54pm
Life is what you make it. If you were born into a poor family no matter what race you are, it's up to YOU to change your future.
Jul 4 2016 12:55pm
Quote (Epot @ Jul 4 2016 01:54pm)
Life is what you make it. If you were born into a poor family no matter what race you are, it's up to YOU to change your future.

TIL: socialization ain't no thang.
Jul 4 2016 12:57pm
Quote (Epot @ Jul 4 2016 01:54pm)

I'm gonna respond to this with something that is annoying as hell whenever I read it...
typical privileged mindset.
Black people are born with a huge social disadvantage just by being black.
Sure, this peppy positive post of yours offers some sort of motivation to some, but it is represents a lot of ignorance and inconsideration for people who would see you as holding a whole slew of advantages

you wouldn't sit down in a poker game where only you were always dealt idk, a 2 and a 7, whereas everybody else got random cards, would you?
or would you sit down and say "this hand is what I make it. I was dealt into a crappy hand but it's up to me to win with it."
would you bet money on that hand, knowing you were disadvantaged?

well imagine if your life, access to basic human rights and social services, your safety, and your social standing worked like this
tl;dr: your post represents an infuriating amount of ignorance.

This post was edited by ringo794 on Jul 4 2016 12:59pm
Jul 4 2016 12:59pm
Quote (ringo794 @ Jul 4 2016 01:57pm)
I'm gonna respond to this with something that is annoying as hell whenever I read it...
Sure, this peppy positive post of yours offers some sort of motivation to some, but it is represents a lot of ignorance and inconsideration for people who would see you as holding a whole slew of advantages

you wouldn't sit down in a poker game where only you were always dealt idk, a 2 and a 7, whereas everybody else got random cards, would you?
or would you sit down and say "this hand is what I make it. I was dealt into a crappy hand but it's up to me to win with it."

Just tell the dealer that the game's now blackjack.
Jul 4 2016 12:59pm
Quote (ringo794 @ Jul 4 2016 01:57pm)

So you are saying black people are handicap because they are black... isn't that racist?
Jul 4 2016 01:01pm
Quote (Epot @ Jul 4 2016 01:59pm)
So you are saying black people are handicap because they are black... isn't that racist?

Are you even taking this seriously? How on earth could what I said be construed as racist?
They are, as a statistical fact, disadvantaged at birth. At first I didn't think you were a racist, but I'm not so sure now.
Yes, they are born with a huge SOCIAL handicap. That's the problem ffs

This post was edited by ringo794 on Jul 4 2016 01:02pm
Jul 4 2016 01:03pm
Quote (ringo794 @ Jul 4 2016 02:01pm)
Are you even taking this seriously? How on earth could what I said be construed as racist?
They are, as a statistical fact, disadvantaged at birth. At first I didn't think you were a racist, but I'm not so sure now.

So for places like Jackson Mississipi for example where the population is at least 70% black. They do pretty damn well for having a "social disadvantage".
Go Back To General Archive Topic List
Prev1234512Next
Add Reply New Topic