d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive > Ask An Ex-satanist Anything
Prev1151617181922Next
Closed New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Jun 24 2013 11:25am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ 24 Jun 2013 18:20)
LOLOLOL

Sure it is, I can't tell you how many guides to summoning magical beings from another dimension that I've read in the Bibles of Atheistic philosophies.

Ok. But you won't find that in the Satanic Bible.

They don't profess to be able to 'summon demons' because they don't believe in demons. There are two different 'magicks' applied in Satanism but they are just rituals much like meditation or yoga. They have no supernatural or deistic qualities they are simply there to help the ritualist in releasing stress and achieving peace or in creating the mindset that best helps them deal with the tasks at hand. There is no supernatural aspect to LaVeyan Satanism.
Gold: 40.42
Jun 24 2013 11:28am
Quote (Vivienne @ 24 Jun 2013 12:25)
Ok. But you won't find that in the Satanic Bible.

They don't profess to be able to 'summon demons' because they don't believe in demons. There are two different 'magicks' applied in Satanism but they are just rituals much like meditation or yoga. They have no supernatural or deistic qualities they are simply there to help the ritualist in releasing stress and achieving peace or in creating the mindset that best helps them deal with the tasks at hand. There is no supernatural aspect to LaVeyan Satanism.

Apparently one of us needs to do their research, but uh, lol.

I've read the Satanic Bible, and this is just the same pathetic claptrap that Satanists and Scientologists both use to claim that they're a religion and then to claim that they aren't as soon as it's convenient for them. You can call them the "Dark forces" all you want, but when you're evoking external supernatural energies, then you're dealing with religion. That's just a fact.

Convenient, of course, that you'd turtle up and start with the whole "Well you see, all of that's just a metaphor for the fact that we're pussies who created a whole knee-jerk system that isn't even internally consistent or sensible and which ripped off the Golden Dawn wholesale."
Gold: 100.00
Jun 24 2013 11:30am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Jun 24 2013 11:20am)
LOLOLOL

Sure it is, I can't tell you how many guides to summoning magical beings from another dimension that I've read in the Bibles of Atheistic philosophies.

lol, it has nothing t do with that man.
Gold: 270.56
Jun 24 2013 11:31am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Jun 24 2013 09:28am)

I've read the Satanic Bible, and this is just the same pathetic claptrap that Satanists and Scientologists both use to claim that they're a religion and then to claim that they aren't as soon as it's convenient for them.  You can call them the "Dark forces" all you want, but when you're evoking external supernatural energies, then you're dealing with religion.  That's just a fact. 

Convenient, of course, that you'd turtle up and start with the whole "Well you see, all of that's just a metaphor for the fact that we're pussies who created a whole knee-jerk system that isn't even internally consistent or sensible and which ripped off the Golden Dawn wholesale."

I didn't really notice it until now, but I did miss your posts for awhile there
Jun 24 2013 11:32am
Quote (Puls3 @ 24 Jun 2013 12:30)
lol, it has nothing t do with that man.

Actually reading the Satanic Bible is hard, I know. I know.

Then again, I guess if you don't think about it too hard and you swallow all the bullshit that it's just talking about getting your mindset different, maaan, then you might be willing to swallow the bullshit that that has nothing to do with it. I guess without any historical context or understanding the rituals that LaVey completely stole, it's easy to be convinced of something that ridiculous. :(
Jun 24 2013 11:34am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ 24 Jun 2013 18:28)

I've read the Satanic Bible, and this is just the same pathetic claptrap that Satanists and Scientologists both use to claim that they're a religion and then to claim that they aren't as soon as it's convenient for them.  You can call them the "Dark forces" all you want, but when you're evoking external supernatural energies, then you're dealing with religion.  That's just a fact. 

Satanists do not claim to 'evoke supernatural entities' at all. The Current High Priest Peter Gilmore stated "My real feeling is that anybody who believes in supernatural entities on some level is insane", and "Satanism begins with atheism. We begin with the universe and say, 'It’s indifferent. There’s no God, there’s no Devil. No one cares!'"

The second Satanic statement is as follows - Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams.

The Satanic Bible is an atheistic book and there is no mention of the supernatural within it's pages except to say that it does not exist.
Jun 24 2013 11:37am
Quote (Vivienne @ 24 Jun 2013 12:34)
Satanists do not claim to 'evoke supernatural entities' at all. The Current High Priest Peter Gilmore stated "My real feeling is that anybody who believes in supernatural entities on some level is insane", and "Satanism begins with atheism. We begin with the universe and say, 'It’s indifferent. There’s no God, there’s no Devil. No one cares!'"

The second Satanic statement is as follows - Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams.

The Satanic Bible is an atheistic book and there is no mention of the supernatural within it's pages except to say that it does not exist.

Yes, I'm aware of the lies that the upper eschalon uses to rope in impressionable kids who aren't able to actually understand the historical context of the rituals that they're doing and who don't know any better.

Thanks for repeating them, though. It's good to see how ridiculous they are in black and white.
Gold: 100.00
Jun 24 2013 11:41am
Currently studying Buddhism Philosophy. Not the religious part of course. Been meditating via :Loving Kindness Meditation", "Meditation on Revulsion" and Marananussati Meditation
Jun 24 2013 11:47am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ 24 Jun 2013 18:37)
Yes, I'm aware of the lies that the upper eschalon uses to rope in impressionable kids who aren't able to actually understand the historical context of the rituals that they're doing and who don't know any better.

Thanks for repeating them, though.  It's good to see how ridiculous they are in black and white.

The rituals are simply that. Fantasies. Theatrical and dramatic productions used to induce a state of mind.

Satanism is not for children and nobody under the age of consent in their relative country would be able to receive a membership card. The historical context is irrelevant as it is all fictional and acknowledged as such. No adult is going to be performing rituals with a minor.

I'm not defending Satanism though. I'm just explaining it. I'm no longer a member because I don't agree with it. So regardless your point is null and void. If I were to quit smoking could I not say that smoking is bad and dangerous for your health? Even if Satanism is a deistic religion (which it isn't) can I not hold the view that organised deistic religion is harmful and ridiculous?

e/ and they aren't lies. The Satanic Statements are the core of the philosophy.

ee/ and the word is echelon.

This post was edited by Vivienne on Jun 24 2013 12:01pm
Gold: 535.00
Jun 24 2013 12:02pm
Isn't satanism at it's core just mindless self indulgence?
Go Back To General Archive Topic List
Prev1151617181922Next
Closed New Topic