d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive > Ask An Ex-satanist Anything
Prev1101112131422Next
Closed New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jun 23 2013 07:49pm
Quote (Vivienne @ Jun 24 2013 12:47pm)
Satanists do not go to church. They are not religious and do not believe in any deities. Satanism is a philosophy that encourages self preservation and improvement.

mayb you should try buddhism and reading on the tao i think you'll help you on your path
Jun 23 2013 07:54pm
Quote (Anphrax @ 24 Jun 2013 02:49)
mayb you should try buddhism and reading on the tao i think you'll help you on your path

I have decided to live by my own philosophy. Not that of anyone else. Any kind of Buddhism would not be for me as it's core teachings definitely do not match my philosophy.
Jun 23 2013 07:58pm
Quote (Vivienne @ Jun 24 2013 12:54pm)
I have decided to live by my own philosophy. Not that of anyone else. Any kind of Buddhism would not be for me as it's core teachings definitely do not match my philosophy.

there is buddhist the religion and the philosophy.

the philosophy preaches universal truth about the self i.e we're all one from the same source and suffering we feel is only of the ego through greed and desire
Jun 23 2013 08:03pm
Quote (Anphrax @ 24 Jun 2013 02:58)
there is buddhist the religion and the philosophy.

the philosophy preaches universal truth about the self i.e we're all one from the same source and suffering we feel is only of the ego through greed and desire

There are 5 particular rules that all Buddhists abide by -

To refrain from taking life (non-violence towards sentient life forms), or ahimsā;
To refrain from taking that which is not given (not committing theft);
To refrain from sensual (including sexual) misconduct;
To refrain from lying (speaking truth always);
To refrain from intoxicants which lead to loss of mindfulness (specifically, drugs and alcohol).

I believe the taking of life to be necessary on occasion.
I agree that theft is wrong
I believe that sexual misconduct, as Buddhists would see it, should be encouraged. Not paedophilia or rape but an exploration of one's sexuality and what pleases them is important to the understanding of the self and healthy for one's mental state.
I believe that occasionally it is necessary to lie to protect oneself, though I avoid it wherever possible.
I believe that responsible use and exploration of intoxicants and altered states of mind can be pleasurable and healthy.

Buddhism is not for me.
Jun 23 2013 08:06pm
Quote (Vivienne @ Jun 24 2013 01:03pm)
There are 5 particular rules that all Buddhists abide by -

I believe the taking of life to be necessary on occasion.
I agree that theft is wrong
I believe that sexual misconduct, as Buddhists would see it, should be encouraged. Not paedophilia or rape but an exploration of one's sexuality and what pleases them is important to the understanding of the self and healthy for one's mental state.
I believe that occasionally it is necessary to lie to protect oneself, though I avoid it wherever possible.
I believe that responsible use and exploration of intoxicants and altered states of mind can be pleasurable and healthy.

Buddhism is not for me.

thats if you choose to live the monastery life. if you're a truth seeker you'd definitely have a read on buddhist before being narrow minded about it

e/ thats not what buddhist teaches btw. it advocates free will and love, do what you want because you're perfect as is. what you mentioned are just guidelines to reach higher states of awareness

This post was edited by Anphrax on Jun 23 2013 08:07pm
Jun 23 2013 08:11pm
Quote (Anphrax @ 24 Jun 2013 03:06)
thats if you choose to live the monastery life. if you're a truth seeker you'd definitely have a read on buddhist before being narrow minded about it

Sila is the foundation of buddhist ethics. The rules I have listed are ones that all Buddhists follow. Those who wish to live the monastary life have further rules they have to follow.

I am not ignorant of the practices and tenets of the Buddhist faith. Though I cannot say I have a firm grasp on all the intricacies of the many different kinds of Buddhist faith I can say with certainty that I know and understand the basic rules and principles that are common to all Buddhists.
Jun 23 2013 08:13pm
Quote (Vivienne @ Jun 24 2013 01:11pm)
Sila is the foundation of buddhist ethics. The rules I have listed are ones that all Buddhists follow. Those who wish to live the monastary life have further rules they have to follow.

I am not ignorant of the practices and tenets of the Buddhist faith. Though I cannot say I have a firm grasp on all the intricacies of the many different kinds of Buddhist faith I can say with certainty that I know and understand the basic rules and principles that are common to all Buddhists.

you have no idea wtf you're talking about

ive been studying this shit for 3yrs now and im telling you you're off the wall on this one. go read about it and come back

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Noble_Truths
Gold: 546.00
Jun 23 2013 08:20pm
Quote (Vivienne @ Jun 23 2013 09:31pm)
I am not homosexual. I cannot speak for satan worshippers as I have never been one nor have I had any contact with one. Satanism on the other hand does not distinguish people based on their sexuality. Homesexuality is as common in Satanists as it is in non-Satanists. As is Heterosexuality, Bisexuality, Asexuality or Pansexuality.

Did you know that 99% of homosexual satanists are 99% homosexual?

Quote (Anphrax @ Jun 23 2013 10:13pm)

ive been studying this shit for 3yrs now and im telling you you're off the wall on this one. go read about it and come back

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four%5FNoble%5FTruths

Talks big/links wikipedia

This post was edited by the09resurrect on Jun 23 2013 08:20pm
Jun 23 2013 08:22pm
Quote (Anphrax @ 24 Jun 2013 03:13)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Noble_Truths

I know exactly what I am talking about.

Buddhism is about the cessation of suffering as it says in the article you posted -

The four noble truths are:[a]
The truth of dukkha (suffering, anxiety, dissatisfaction)
The truth of the origin of dukkha
The truth of the cessation of dukkha
The truth of the path leading to the cessation of dukkha

The truth of the path leading to cessation of Dukkha is dependant on the type of suffering you are experiencing. One of the main tenets I disagree with is that if you are suffering because you want something you don't have then you should cease to want it.

I believe that if you are suffering because you want something you don't have then that is natural. It is what drives us to achieve the things we desire. That hurt and suffering should drive us to greater heights and we should never simply be content with what we have.
Gold: 0.82
Jun 23 2013 08:23pm
Quote (Vivienne @ Jun 23 2013 06:47pm)
Satanists do not go to church. They are not religious and do not believe in any deities. Satanism is a philosophy that encourages self preservation and improvement.

so why do they call it satanism when in the eyes of the vast majority, 'satan'ism is something terrible
Go Back To General Archive Topic List
Prev1101112131422Next
Closed New Topic