d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive > Had A Lucid Dream
Prev191011121316Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 112.00
Oct 30 2011 10:08pm
Quote (Puls3 @ Oct 30 2011 10:08pm)
This proves evolution is real. They found this painted on the walls in caves. It's 10,000+ years old.

http://www.nomeatathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/evolution-300x200.jpg

Oh cool. You must be the smart one in your class. :)
Gold: 0.80
Oct 30 2011 10:11pm
Quote (Nose_Powder @ 30 Oct 2011 23:05)
Yet you believe in all of it..Just because other people told you it was true? Oh okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me... And to think I thought I was talking to a complete hypocrite for a while there... Shame on me...

No I dont believe in it just because other people have told me it.
I believe it because I dont believe in magical being that just suddenly created life.
Are you saying that humans are the only lifeforms that exist? ( in which I mean other life on other planets )
Did god make them too?
If god is real then he has a fucked up sense of humor.
Tons of people killed in war and other disasters but god never lifts a finger to prevent his children from being killed?
Gold: 100.00
Oct 30 2011 10:12pm
Quote (Nose_Powder @ Oct 30 2011 11:08pm)
Oh cool. You must be the smart one in your class. :)

I'm very smart. I believe in evolution and god..sorta. I'm a deist to be exact. I don't see anything wrong with the theory of evolution and I don't see anything wrong with the theory of a god. Why can't both co-exist? What makes us more special than a goldfish? Because we can question our own existence and drive a car in the morning? We are very vain species...
Oct 30 2011 10:14pm
Quote (Puls3 @ 30 Oct 2011 23:12)
I'm very smart. I believe in evolution and god..sorta. I'm a deist to be exact. I don't see anything wrong with the theory of evolution and I don't see anything wrong with the theory of a god. Why can't both co-exist? What makes us more special than a goldfish? Because we can question our own existence and drive a car in the morning? We are very vain species...

I just hate it when christians try to shove their religion down your fucking throat.
I dont believe in a god, thats just me, let me live my life.
If you wanna believe in a god go for it, Just dont sit here and try to convince me to believe too.
Thats the point im trying to get across here.
Oct 30 2011 10:15pm
Quote (Artistry @ Oct 30 2011 11:14pm)
I just hate it when christians try to shove their religion down your fucking throat.
I dont believe in a god, thats just me, let me live my life.
If you wanna believe in a god go for it, Just dont sit here and try to convince me to believe too.
Thats the point im trying to get across here.

Both are at fault because I'll sometimes see someone mention they believe in a god and the Atheist will flip shit and same thing goes with the religious. It's the people who are fault, not the idea.

This post was edited by Puls3 on Oct 30 2011 10:19pm
Gold: 3,249.66
Oct 30 2011 10:18pm
If I take part in this I will just end up shutting everyone up and get another warn.
Oct 30 2011 10:19pm
Quote (Puls3 @ 30 Oct 2011 23:15)
Both are at fault because I'll sometimes see someone mention they are a god and the Atheist will flip shit and same thing goes with the religious. It's the people who are fault, not the idea.

I will admit, I came in here and just randomly said god isnt real.
But that was me just trying to get a laugh out of the topic.
Not for some christian knight trying to cut my throat via the internet.

Oh yeah, Did god create the internet?
Gold: 93.50
Oct 30 2011 10:20pm
Please crash into a burning building
Gold: 112.00
Oct 30 2011 10:21pm
Quote (Artistry @ Oct 30 2011 10:11pm)
No I dont believe in it just because other people have told me it.
I believe it because I dont believe in magical being that just suddenly created life.
Are you saying that humans are the only lifeforms that exist? ( in which I mean other life on other planets )
Did god make them too?
If god is real then he has a fucked up sense of humor.
Tons of people killed in war and other disasters but god never lifts a finger to prevent his children from being killed?

So... Let me get this straight... Your argument against religion is that.. "It doesn't seem fair."... and "God can't exist AND have a 'fucked up sense of humor'"
I thought you people were supposed to be logical... If those aren't based strictly off speculation and subjectivity then I'm not sure what would be...
You claim not to believe in some "magical" being... Yet are willing to believe in equally unsubstantiated theories supporting why we are here without any bit of proof.
You really don't see the hypocrisy? Maybe you should just stop and think before pointing the finger and calling everyone else's belief false just because you don't agree with them... Because right now it seems as equally as foolish as having "faith" etc.
Oct 30 2011 10:23pm
Quote (Nose_Powder @ Oct 30 2011 11:21pm)
So... Let me get this straight... Your argument against religion is that.. "It doesn't seem fair."...  and "God can't exist AND have a 'fucked up sense of humor'"
I thought you people were supposed to be logical... If those aren't based strictly off speculation and subjectivity then I'm not sure what would be...
You claim not to believe in some "magical" being... Yet are willing to believe in equally unsubstantiated theories supporting why we are here without any bit of proof.
You really don't see the hypocrisy? Maybe you should just stop and think before pointing the finger and calling everyone else's belief false just because you don't agree with them... Because right now it seems as equally as foolish as having "faith" etc.

Please note that he does not reflect the entire atheist community. There are very intellectual atheist out there that will sit with you and talk about it rationally without personal blows being dealt.
Go Back To General Archive Topic List
Prev191011121316Next
Add Reply New Topic