d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive >
Poll > Why Do You Play Pokemon Go > Poll
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 9.00
Jul 26 2016 07:46am
Quote (do_NaUKI @ Jul 26 2016 09:44am)
i dont pokemon.

this

and so do 8 other people
Gold: 9.00
Jul 26 2016 07:46am
2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous): howtodisappearcompletely, wizkid

:hail:

This post was edited by wizkid on Jul 26 2016 07:46am
Gold: 445.00
Jul 26 2016 07:58am
I don't know why people play Pokemon, but I play to catch them all. I gots too.
Gold: 19,667.00
Jul 26 2016 07:59am
I don't play Pokemon go
Gold: 16,240.00
Jul 26 2016 08:17am
I'm going to explain why i think this game will lead to the death of our society

At the moment we have the real world with physical objects in seperate locations and a virtual world that can all be accecced from any location

Now pokemon go you could/should have just stayed in one place and used google earth/street view etc to move around the real world. But they've overlaid the real world with the virtual one

Soon we will all be using augmented reality with google glass type things. Now when other companies decide they want to do the same thing and overlay the real world with virtual locations people are going to be walking around going to shops/gatherings etc but it won't be the same as what the other people around them are visiting/seeing.

Basically we could end up being as isolated from the people around us are we are with people over the internet. At the moment people in a park are all enjoying the weather etc. But when one person is catching pokemon, one is shopping, taking a class, having a rave etc it's totally fucked and you loose out on tons of human interaction/real shared experiences

I guess it might still work and lots of people will opt out but it still seems fucked to me, although it could go the other way and turn impersonal internet experiences into real location shared experiences

This post was edited by dakariii on Jul 26 2016 08:18am
Gold: 0.00
Jul 26 2016 09:41am
Quote (howtodisappearcompletely @ Jul 26 2016 06:05am)
Because I'm enjoying it.

The end.

This.
Gold: 371.70
Jul 26 2016 09:45am
Quote (howtodisappearcompletely @ Jul 26 2016 06:05am)
Because I'm enjoying it.

The end.

This
Gold: 11.00
Jul 26 2016 10:15am
Quote (dakariii @ Jul 26 2016 06:17am)
I'm going to explain why i think this game will lead to the death of our society

At the moment we have the real world with physical objects in seperate locations and a virtual world that can all be accecced from any location

Now pokemon go you could/should have just stayed in one place and used google earth/street view etc to move around the real world. But they've overlaid the real world with the virtual one

Soon we will all be using augmented reality with google glass type things. Now when other companies decide they want to do the same thing and overlay the real world with virtual locations people are going to be walking around going to shops/gatherings etc but it won't be the same as what the other people around them are visiting/seeing.

Basically we could end up being as isolated from the people around us are we are with people over the internet. At the moment people in a park are all enjoying the weather etc. But when one person is catching pokemon, one is shopping, taking a class, having a rave etc it's totally fucked and you loose out on tons of human interaction/real shared experiences

I guess it might still work and lots of people will opt out but it still seems fucked to me, although it could go the other way and turn impersonal internet experiences into real location shared experiences

dude what have you even played? you act like people aren't interacting and making new friends with people they normally never would of talked to
Gold: 1,065.00
Jul 26 2016 10:19am
Quote (dakariii @ Jul 26 2016 09:17am)

My God kid, get over it sing no body gonna read all that.
Gold: 16,240.00
Jul 26 2016 10:19am
Quote (Phasers @ Jul 26 2016 04:15pm)
dude what have you even played? you act like people aren't interacting and making new friends with people they normally never would of talked to

are you trying to say a friend on diablo is the same as a friend irl? wtf
Go Back To General Archive Topic List
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic