d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive > Any Car Savvy People Around? > Desperation At Its Finest.
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 252.29
Jun 26 2016 11:20am
Quote (MillerT1meUp @ Jun 26 2016 04:56pm)
pretty sure his steering wheel is locked... i could be wrong though

When you have no power steering, it feels that way on some cars because the wheels have so much traction.

The only possible thing that could totally lock up the wheel is the ignition mechanism.

If that's the case, adding power steering fluid wouldn't do shit.

The impeller is probably loose if he adds fluid and nothing happens.

Going down the road it should be easy enough to turn but stopped it would be a bitch.
Gold: 30.00
Jun 26 2016 11:26am
Quote (NekoSama @ Jun 26 2016 10:51am)
Ya got two options.

Option 1: be a fucking man and drive that fucker with no power steering to build upper body strength.

Option 2: fix the fucking problem.

Seriously man.

edit:

You get some damn water in the coolant system before you burn up your engine.

/edit

There is water in the coolant, thats just what my display is saying.

Its a 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora.
Jun 26 2016 11:27am
Quote (TortoiseBox @ Jun 26 2016 09:24am)
Here I am at work and my car will not move.
Let me explain the issue as best as my complete "car dumb" brain can.

The car starts fine. I just bought it about a month ago and have done some work to it. We replaced the alternator in it and gave it a bath.
Yesterday I was driving on the highway and realized that my steering wheel was getting increasingly more difficult to turn, occasionally locking up.
I stopped at a gas station and picked up some Power Steering Fluid and let my car chug that. It seemed to work until this morning when I got to work.
My steering wheel has become ridiculously hard to turn.

On top of that, my center dash (where that neato little display sits that is constantly telling me Im low on engine coolant and that theres a problem with my airbag, cool) it has started telling me to "Check [My] Charge System"

We just replaced the alternator. And all of my lights and other little gadgets are working just fine.

So, with my steering and my newfound need to "check my charge system"... What do?

Edit: It is a 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora that is having this issue.

This post was edited by TortoiseBox on Jun 26 2016 11:27am
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Jun 26 2016 11:28am
something's fucky with your power steering pump
Jun 26 2016 11:28am
Quote (NekoSama @ Jun 26 2016 11:20am)
When you have no power steering, it feels that way on some cars because the wheels have so much traction.

The only possible thing that could totally lock up the wheel is the ignition mechanism.

If that's the case, adding power steering fluid wouldn't do shit.

The impeller is probably loose if he adds fluid and nothing happens.

Going down the road it should be easy enough to turn but stopped it would be a bitch.

Yeah, I just tried going to the gas station at by work and turning the wheel while moving the car wasnt so bad. Not ideal, but not awful.

Turning it while stopped is really bad though.
Gold: 1.58
Warn: 90%
Jun 26 2016 11:37am
Nah hes gonna fix his car by continue posting on these forums.
The more he posts the more the car is fixing itself automatically for free.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 26 2016 11:50am
Maybe power steering leak, could cause no power steering and the rough turning the wheel
Gold: 6.00
Jun 26 2016 12:10pm
might be a belt that snapped ..
Gold: 4.20
Jun 26 2016 12:22pm
Quote (TortoiseBox @ Jun 26 2016 09:24am)
Here I am at work and my car will not move.
Let me explain the issue as best as my complete "car dumb" brain can.

The car starts fine. I just bought it about a month ago and have done some work to it. We replaced the alternator in it and gave it a bath.
Yesterday I was driving on the highway and realized that my steering wheel was getting increasingly more difficult to turn, occasionally locking up.
I stopped at a gas station and picked up some Power Steering Fluid and let my car chug that. It seemed to work until this morning when I got to work.
My steering wheel has become ridiculously hard to turn.

On top of that, my center dash (where that neato little display sits that is constantly telling me Im low on engine coolant and that theres a problem with my airbag, cool) it has started telling me to "Check [My] Charge System"

We just replaced the alternator. And all of my lights and other little gadgets are working just fine.

So, with my steering and my newfound need to "check my charge system"... What do?

Are you female?
Jun 26 2016 12:28pm
Quote (FedOx @ Jun 26 2016 11:37am)
Nah hes gonna fix his car by continue posting on these forums.
The more he posts the more the car is fixing itself automatically for free.

No, maybe I dont know shit about cars and I am asking a community of people that are in this thread because they want general topics to discuss and I dont want to spend a shit ton of money for some fat ass, grease coated, incest bred, trucker to tell me what I could potentially hear from here. But instead I get assholes like you that assume Im a lazy good for nothing fuck wipe, because instead of the computer screen they were staring at their mirror when they saw the sad figure they insulted.

Quote (NinjaNicolasaurus @ Jun 26 2016 12:22pm)
Are you female?

Nah, bro. Lol.
Go Back To General Archive Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic