d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > General Archive > Thoughts On My Best Friend Dying > And The Idiot Who Caused It
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 7.40
Jul 26 2016 12:59pm
I'm interested if what I did was wrong.

Backstory: My best friend had a huge Xanax problem 4-5 years ago, like nearly dying and all this shit. Friend A was there through that time, being on xanax and condoning this behavior for his fuck-ups. Fast-forward to him meeting up again, and no surprise still selling xanax and being a popper. My best friend talking bad of him, like he never grew up, etc. He recently went through a rough patch, and decided on "selling" Xanax. Instead of selling them, he took them.

Well long story short, he got in car going 100 on a xanax rampage and friend A was there and didn't stop him from getting in his car probably being too fucked up on xanax like an idiot. He managed to smash into a wall, and die.

I went and told friend A he basically killed him through his actions, and immediately took back my words because he made his choice.

Now I have his friends threatening my brother to me over this. He basically went out and got sympathy from all his friends and how suicidal he was over "my words". He managed to play the victim card over being a fuck-up and dragging my brother into his shit when he had a fleeting moment of weakness.

Was I wrong in my actions and how do I go about this at the memorial? What a shitty situation, and I'm sitting here trying to grieve the death of my best friend.

Thoughts?
Jul 26 2016 01:01pm
Forgot to mention Friend A is who sold him the xanax, claiming ignorance over watching him pop them and drive off.
Gold: 1.73
Jul 26 2016 01:01pm
When it comes to drugs know that the person who kills themselves through stupid mistakes and drugs are always the perpetrator. It wasn't the other persons fault, he was there doing the same stupid things the other person did and probably didn't have much better judgement at the time.
What you could do is one of three things. Apologize and say you said that out of lashing out because of grief. Second, apologize and saying you understand why he might've been unable to help your other frien dat the time, understand his perspective, play to your empathy.
Third, tell him you understand his perspective and have some empathy, explain why you did what you did but do not apologize. This is the prideful route though.
Help him, he is grieving too I bet.
Gold: 40.42
Jul 26 2016 01:27pm
So you lashed out to someone who was also grieving the loss of a friend and you hope that posting your biased one-sided version of the story on JSP will garner you some sympathy so that you don't feel like you were a total dick who literally tried to blame your friend's death on a mutual friend.

I'm not an expert on cool stories, but I'm pretty sure this is one of them.
Gold: 88.21
Jul 26 2016 01:30pm
Sounds like more than one grieving party is reacting irrationally here which is normal
Gold: 0.00
selling Xanax, you cant be serious??!!

This post was edited by NotAlone on Jul 26 2016 01:30pm
Gold: 1.50
Pill junkie, high on pills, kills himself.
Only 1 person is responsible for this.
It's not the person you're blaming.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Jul 26 2016 01:32pm
Its his moms fault for not aborting the druggie
Jul 26 2016 01:37pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Jul 26 2016 12:27pm)
So you lashed out to someone who was also grieving the loss of a friend and you hope that posting your biased one-sided version of the story on JSP will garner you some sympathy so that you don't feel like you were a total dick who literally tried to blame your friend's death on a mutual friend.

I'm not an expert on cool stories, but I'm pretty sure this is one of them.

Friend is a stretch of the truth.

But giving drugs to someone who was addicted to said drug at one point in time and vowed to never take it again... then literally being the supplier is grounds for more than just what you're all saying.

I guess none of you realize what xanax does to your personality, I'd close the thread if I could.
Gold: 1,954.69
Jul 26 2016 01:40pm
I lost a friend too when i was 20 years old, a best friend. fuck it hurted.

anyways, i dont think assigning blame will be useful for anyone, my advice would be to tighten up together and get through this. Blaming anybody for this wont bring friend back, and it wont ease anybody's pain.

Its a normal behavior though, when my budd passed away i was looking out for whoever was responsible and forwarding all my despair, hate, incomprehension of a loss to this ''person to blame'' .

give yourself some time, man. And do so for everyone concerned about that passing away, All i can really say.

Let go of the why's and how's and what if's because, and it sounds rude; it does not matter.

Not sure if im making my point , pretty sketchy situation you are in man..

My sympathies to you and everyone that loved that dude.
Go Back To General Archive Topic List
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic