d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Guild Chat > Labyrinth Ls Chat Topic
Prev1444544464447444844495553Next
Closed New Topic
Gold: 2.25
Warn: 10%
Jan 4 2010 08:45am
Quote (Paparick @ Jan 4 2010 08:43am)
That weapon is a loaner -- I expect it to be returned when the borrower is finished with it

I am donating it to the library as soon as the Librarian comes out of hibernation

lold at this does anyone know when he will be leaving his cave?
Gold: 7,863.56
Jan 4 2010 08:48am
Talk about oxymoronic items:

Godly rusted axe
Damage: 9 to 11

+1 Strength
+5 Vitality
+1 Intelligence
+1 to 2 Mana per Attack
+1 to 1 Life per Kill
+1% Damage Return
+1% Block
+3% Heal Mastery
Gold: 755.00
Jan 4 2010 08:49am
A very sad event happened just about 3 hours ago. My grand father died.

Last night I was at my girlfriend's laying in her bed relaxing her head on my shoulder when I get a phone call. I saw it was a call from home so I took it and my mom told me that if I wanted to see my grand father for the last time I had to come back home right away and we'd leave to see him in Quebec city (I live in Montreal so it's a 3h ride). We leave around 11 and get there somewhere close to 2 AM. As soon as I heard my mom on the phone telling me those words I couldn't control it I cried. Once we're all at the hospital (mom, dad, sister and myself) we urge to his room and we find him in the bed with the oxygen and all the tubes (sorry I don't know the words in English) and my grand mother, my GF's brother and sister are all there with him. We enter the little room and we stay with him until 5L55 AM. We all cried a lot but my dad and grand mother both didn't cry that much which surprised me because it's his son & wife. They were both very strong but the strongest man was still my grand father who was fighting to remain alive even though he said that he would stop fighting. For the past 6 years he's had 2 heart attack, 1 bridge (whatever you call those where they replace the heart veins with other one's in the body) 2 cancers and now his 2nd pneumonia. He knew it was the end and he told his wife that he didn't want to be saved to be unable to do what he likes after that. So at 5:55 AM we all leave the hospital but my mother who wanted to stay with him and call us if anything happens. As we get into the car I open my cellphone and look at the time. It was exactly 6 AM. We get to my grand mother's house, I take off my lenses and lay down on the couch to try to sleep (even though I couldn't). Just a few minutes later the phone rings. I jump and go staight to the bath room without questioning myself and put my lenses on (took about 30 seconds) I run upstairs and I'm told that my mother called (which I knew it was already without being told) so we go back to the hospital as fast as ;possible. I run to the stairs go up the 3 levels, run to the room. I get there first (followed by the other 3 that got there just a minute after me) we're about to get dressed to go in the room but then my mother opens the door and says don't bother come inside fast. As we all get in the room I look at him then at the monitor and see the heart rate : 0
I start crying as his heart beat for the very last time showing the number 17 then 0 again.

We stay in the room for a bit then leave so they can change his clothes, etc.
Then we go back to his room for the very last time. I «flattered» (sorry dont know the word) him for about an hour then we knew we couldn't stay there forever. My mother said let's leave so I «try« (too much emotion) to say alright but I couldn't. As I open the door I turn back and kiss my grand father on the forehead for the last time and this would be the last time I would touch him.

A very sad day for me and my familly. The strongest man of all died earlier this morning leaving his wife and his son behind him along with the rest of the people who loved him.

I also chose the wrong moment (on my way to Quebec to see my grand father) to announce my girlfriend that I'd be working abroad (like away) for the whole summer so we would only see each other 2 weeks during the whole 3 months (3 months and a half) that I'd be there

You may rest in peace you will never be forgiven ! :cry:
Gold: 2.25
Warn: 10%
Jan 4 2010 08:54am
Quote (WDZepplin @ Jan 4 2010 08:49am)

Last night I was at my girlfriend's laying in her bed relaxing her head on my shoulder when I get a phone call. I saw it was a call from home so I took it and my mom told me that if I wanted to see my grand father for the last time I had to come back home right away and we'd leave to see him in Quebec city (I live in Montreal so it's a 3h ride). We leave around 11 and get there somewhere close to 2 AM. As soon as I heard my mom on the phone telling me those words I couldn't control it I cried. Once we're all at the hospital (mom, dad, sister and myself) we urge to his room and we find him in the bed with the oxygen and all the tubes (sorry I don't know the words in English) and my grand mother, my GF's brother and sister are all there with him. We enter the little room and we stay with him until 5L55 AM. We all cried a lot but my dad and grand mother both didn't cry that much which surprised me because it's his son & wife. They were both very strong but the strongest man was still my grand father who was fighting to remain alive even though he said that he would stop fighting. For the past 6 years he's had 2 heart attack, 1 bridge (whatever you call those where they replace the heart veins with other one's in the body) 2 cancers and now his 2nd pneumonia. He knew it was the end and he told his wife that he didn't want to be saved to be unable to do what he likes after that. So at 5:55 AM we all leave the hospital but my mother who wanted to stay with him and call us if anything happens. As we get into the car I open my cellphone and look at the time. It was exactly 6 AM. We get to my grand mother's house, I take off my lenses and lay down on the couch to try to sleep (even though I couldn't). Just a few minutes later the phone rings. I jump and go staight to the bath room without questioning myself and put my lenses on (took about 30 seconds) I run upstairs and I'm told that my mother called (which I knew it was already without being told) so we go back to the hospital as fast as ;possible. I run to the stairs go up the 3 levels, run to the room. I get there first (followed by the other 3 that got there just a minute after me) we're about to get dressed to go in the room but then my mother opens the door and says don't bother come inside fast. As we all get in the room I look at him then at the monitor and see the heart rate : 0
I start crying as his heart beat for the very last time showing the number 17 then 0 again.

Then we go back to his room for the very last time. I «flattered» (sorry dont know the word) him for about an hour then we knew we couldn't stay there forever. My mother said let's leave so I «try« (too much emotion) to say alright but I couldn't. As I open the door I turn back and kiss my grand father on the forehead for the last time and this would be the last time I would touch him.

A very sad day for me and my familly. The strongest man of all died earlier this morning leaving his wife and his son behind him along with the rest of the people who loved him.

I also chose the wrong moment (on my way to Quebec to see my grand father) to announce my girlfriend that I'd be working abroad (like away) for the whole summer so we would only see each other 2 weeks during the whole 3 months (3 months and a half) that I'd be there

very sorry for your and your familys loss :(
Gold: 45.98
Sad day bud :(
Many of us know how that feels and were here for you.
I missed my grandpa reading your story.....
Gold: 1,090.73
Quote (WDZepplin @ 4 Jan 2010 09:49)

i am soooo sorry 2 hear that dude. i wish you and your family the best of luck. I do understand how it feels to loose a grandfather. I just hope you and ur family stay strong.
Gold: 0.50
Jan 4 2010 08:55am
Quote (WDZepplin @ Jan 4 2010 09:49am)

very sorry to hear this MAY HE REST IN PEACE
Gold: 7,863.56
Jan 4 2010 08:58am
I know you are heartbroken at your loss, but your Grandfather is now at peace, and is free from pain.

I also want to thank you on sharing this with us -- we all will support you in your time of grief, because grief is easier to bear when shared :)
Gold: 0.00
Jan 4 2010 09:00am
Quote (WDZepplin @ 4 Jan 2010 15:49)

Sorry for your loss bro :( But i'm sure he is now at a better place. Stay strong! I wish you and your family good luck for that :( Stay together in those hard times. I'm sure you're all strong enough
Gold: 2,992.30
Jan 4 2010 09:36am
PLEASE PM ME YOUR BIRTHDAY IF YOUR NOT ON THIS LIST:

Laby Birthday List Revised

Labyrinth Birthday List 1.6
(Update: June 20. 2009 )
Old Version by NaRa
Updated/Edited Version by Yip12343

Listing all members of Labyrinth ordered by date of birth, this list shall help to remind you of your fellow guildies birthdays to congratulate them.
Just check the list for the current date, maybe its someone's birthday :)

If your entry is missing, data is wrong or you would like to get your data removed from the list, feel free to pm me please :)

Quote (WDZepplin @ Jan 4 2010 07:49am)

Zepplin, I know your fear. I know how you feel - i lost my the best person possible i could that was close to me ( my brother ). I read that paragraph, not just the entrance line.
I hope you can feel better - get better. Tell the people you trust most. If moods are awkward then see a counselor. Hope you can get better - he is in a BETTER place. But, i want to say SORRY for you loss :hug:

Have a good couple days-weeks as it is as long as it takes.

Thanks Joe ~

This post was edited by Yip12343 on Jan 4 2010 09:47am
Go Back To LS Guild Chat Topic List
Prev1444544464447444844495553Next
Closed New Topic