d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Site Suggestions > Site Suggestions Archive >
Poll > Spoiler Tags
12318Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 3,209.94
Jul 28 2009 09:08pm
I believe that it would be beneficial to add spoiler tags in certain forums. For those of you who don't know, spoiler tags are a forum feature that allow for hiding of text or images. This text can be looked at by clicking the button (this button can be labeled with text as well on certain sites).

I also think that these tags should only be usable in certain forums, the ones where spoilers are of concern. Anime, Books and Literature, and Movies and TV Shows come to mind. They should not be useable in trade forums and the like (just as youtube linking does not work there)

Pros
  • Spoilers would be easier to avoid
  • It is a more elegant solution then writing in hard to read text or something

Cons
  • Njaguar is busy and it would take time to implement these
  • Possibility for abuse (see below)

Now there is the argument that this could be abused. Possibly (people can get quite creative when it comes to getting around the system) However it's actually not that bad:
1.A post with a spoiler tag would be reportable like any other post.
2.There is no way to hide the information, all you have to do is click to see what is there.
3.There is the argument that people could post inappropriate pictures or whatever under the tags. Yes, but they could post these images, and I would rather have them hidden ^_^ (That is NOT what these are for, but you get the idea)
4.Finally abusers could be warned, and the ability to use these tags revoked, similar to youtube video posting.

If anyone has any ideas, please [post them ^_^ and if you are opposed please state why :)
Gold: 0.00
Jul 28 2009 09:12pm
Quote (Myrddrall9 @ Wed, 29 Jul 2009, 12:08)
I believe that it would be beneficial to add spoiler tags in certain forums.  For those of you who don't know, spoiler tags are a forum feature that allow for hiding of text or images.  This text can be looked at by clicking the button (this button can be labeled with text as well on certain sites). 

I also think that these tags should only be usable in certain forums, the ones where spoilers are of concern.  Anime, Books and Literature, and Movies and TV Shows come to mind.  They should not be useable in trade forums and the like (just as youtube linking does not work there)

Pros
  • Spoilers would be easier to avoid
  • It is a more elegant solution then writing in hard to read text or something

Cons
  • Njaguar is busy and it would take time to implement these
  • Possibility for abuse (see below)

Now there is the argument that this could be abused.  Possibly (people can get quite creative when it comes to getting around the system)  However it's actually not that bad:
1.A post with a spoiler tag would be reportable like any other post.
2.There is no way to hide the information, all you have to do is click to see what is there.
3.There is the argument that people could post inappropriate pictures or whatever under the tags.  Yes, but they could post these images, and I would rather have them hidden ^_^ (That is NOT what these are for, but you get the idea)
4.Finally abusers could be warned, and the ability to use these tags revoked, similar to youtube video posting.

If anyone has any ideas, please [post them ^_^ and if you are opposed please state why :)

I think the cons outweigh the pros....
so i voted no
Gold: 108.00
Jul 28 2009 09:16pm
yes njaguar is very busy, but alot of the people on this website could figure out how, so y wouldnt he ask for a service

if they posted innapropriate pictures they could just get reported and get banned if it continued

you could have people block off sections that are spoilers( not one person because not everyone agrees on wat is a spoiler, like 10 votes in roughly the same area of text)

all these could work
Jul 29 2009 09:08pm
THanks for your opinions, everyone ^_^

24 hour bump
Jul 30 2009 10:28pm
24 hour bump
Aug 1 2009 01:29am
24 hour bump
Gold: 31.01
Aug 1 2009 02:58am
i don't think this is a good idea
Aug 1 2009 02:34pm
Quote (Osirislives @ Sat, Aug 1 2009, 04:58am)
i don't think this is a good idea

Thank you for your opinion.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 1 2009 02:37pm
No.
Most all of the threads that I've seen that would require a spoiler notice have "spoilers inside!," or something along those lines in the description.
Banned
Gold: 155.95
Aug 1 2009 02:40pm
There is an existing mod for this. Knowing that njaguar uses a lot of pre-existing mods, I don't think this can be a problem.

Voted yes.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Archive Topic List
12318Next
Closed New Topic New Poll