d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Site Suggestions > Site Suggestions Archive >
Poll > Encouraging Words > A Separation Of The 'p' And 'r' In Pard
Prev17891011Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1,346.90
Trader: Trusted
Feb 11 2010 10:23pm
Quote (LouisLeGros @ Feb 11 2010 10:01pm)
If you kept all of the encouraging words of the day in a single thread you wouldn't get anywhere near as many "persecutors."

yes but its kinda hard becuz its so many pages.
Gold: 515.11
Feb 11 2010 10:25pm
Quote (lilmanguy24 @ Feb 11 2010 11:23pm)

We didn't have a problem discussing abortion in a single thread. You shouldn't have a problem "discussing" scripture in your thread.

The abortion thread almost lasted a year before it closed.
Gold: 6.66
Feb 11 2010 10:28pm
Quote (lilmanguy24 @ 11 Feb 2010 20:23)

I've had a song of the day thread going for over a year, it works perfectly fine in one thread.
Gold: 12,730.67
Feb 11 2010 11:26pm
I have a feeling that you would get more persecutors in a religious forum unless it was heavily moderated.
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 90%
Feb 12 2010 12:30am
maybe ftw!
Gold: 678.00
Feb 12 2010 03:59am
Any regular of Pard that posted in this thread has said 'no'.

Even Kami and Icemage, who are both Christian.

All of the people that claim to have voted yes, in this thread, are people I've never seen before.

Also Lecter, Patton and Kamahl make excellent points.

Also, why was Kamahl's suggestion closed?
Although I would've voted no on that too, it is a much better suggestion than this one.

I was even against the 'prayer'-threads. Not necessarily because I'm 'against' religion, because really, I'm not.
Because, they are, in nature, just a way to show yourself as more Christian than thou.
Because, they advertise the perceived utility of prayer, which is highly suspect by any rational man.

I tangle with Widowmaker practically any time I visit the PARD. Although I dispise the man's views on man, morality, divinity, politics, ..., I must salute him for he does not back down.
All you Christians that seem to need a nice cozy room, with soft walls, to tell eachother how nice it is to be Christian really should just go to church.
Gold: 9,039.20
Feb 12 2010 05:51pm
All these random users are voting for the separation. All the actual pard users do not want the switch.

:(

If anything we should be adding philosophy discussion

Changing pard will alienate the board and make it even harder to keep me entertained...

This post was edited by killgoreisleet on Feb 12 2010 06:08pm
Gold: 1,346.90
Trader: Trusted
Feb 14 2010 11:30am
thanks for the votes so far. ;)
Gold: 2,045.00
Feb 15 2010 09:07am
Voted no. Sorry Marcus. :(

It'd be better to just make PaRD like the Love Line subforum and all the trolls with warn just can't post.
Personally, I like the subforum the way it is because the lines between politics and religion are so close.
Gold: 83.30
Feb 15 2010 09:17am
Firstly, the forum is called political and religious discussion for a reason. If you want to create threads where you do not expect discussion, criticism or debate go create a secular, christian forum where you can enjoy your biblical scripture in all it's glory. Secondly, once you create such a religious forum, there will be discussion over which religions are allowed and which are not. It seems christianity knows a lot of support, so I guess that leaves the Jewish and Islamic and the many other beliefs behind. Since there are Islamics (Haitham and some other guy posted on pard) aswell as multiple other beliefs (Spelczech etc), those will need room for their preaching aswell. And that will ultimately lead to flaming once more from christians to others going back and forth. The only real solution is for Christians to either create their own secure space, or just actually contribute to ParD by not only posting biblical scripture every day, but by engaging in the other political/economic/religious discussions aswell.

And since the place has been a cesspool ever since elections/Secks hut vs. Zeitgeist, please give some of the trustworthy regulars a bit of moderating power (closing/opening threads). There are people from GC spouting unbased claims and flaming people for criticism in nearly every topic. And since 'Bible passage threads for sake of spam' is a rule in the forum decorum, I suggest lilmanguy to collect all his daily posts into one thread, since there is no reason why he should create a new one every day. I call that spam. And I wholeheartedly agree with anyone of the other pard regulars, the people voting yes I have never ever seen in ParD. Except for Rew and Shanny, but she left pretty quick.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Archive Topic List
Prev17891011Next
Closed New Topic New Poll