d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Site Suggestions > Site Suggestions Archive >
Poll > Encouraging Words > A Separation Of The 'p' And 'r' In Pard
Prev14567811Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 431.00
Feb 7 2010 03:35pm
Quote (Shanny @ Feb 7 2010 03:21pm)
This isn't a debate thread! People have turned it into one. But you want to debate here ok lets have at it. Lets debate.

There is a God. I don't need tangible proof. Why do you? Discuss.

My post was not about the existence or nonexistence of God at all, it's about posting scripture in the context of an internet debate subforum.

And your sort of assertion on not requiring tangible proof in order to believe in a God defies all manner of logic, hence why it's not really a debate.

Believe what you want, but understand that there's a great deal of other religious beliefs, along with atheism, that make claims that contradict one another, and since religion or lack thereof is mostly a personal issue, don't be surprised if you get a lot of very emotional backlash on the internet.

Since there's a lot of very colorful representation of these sort of viewpoints on the internet, it would be courteous, tolerant, and respectful if you would consider supporting a sticky thread for scripture posting, rather than committing all sorts of inflammatory and rude gestures and then claiming some kind of hateful persecution.
Quote (Textbook @ Feb 7 2010 03:30pm)
A strong yes to this.
A forum where spam\flame against ones religion or relgious discussion is not aloud.

Discussion\arguments go in politcal\relgious debate\discussion sub forum.
The other sub forum like you said could be for the things you want, without an persecutors, etc.

I love this, even though im not religious, I back it 100%.
:cheers:

Anything can be perceived as persecution or intolerance, even if you're agreeing with somebody in an offhand way.
The onus is clearly on the thin-skinned people.
I need not apologize for my viewpoints.

This post was edited by general_patton on Feb 7 2010 03:38pm
Gold: 11,700.00
Feb 7 2010 05:33pm
Quote (Shanny @ 7 Feb 2010 20:16)
Hmm, why don't they post in there? Maybe because of the crap people who do post in there have to put up with. I've been in that forum for a week now and I'm about done myself. The inappropriate spam that is disgusting and offensive, the hateful members and the intolerance is beyond ridiculous. You think there's only 3 or so Christians on jsp? You're very wrong if you do, there are many many more. They don't come in there because they know they won't have a moments peace if they post anything that resembles loving God. Ohh sure you can go in there and post how much you hate God all day long and be applauded for it because it spews discontent and malice. That's not religion that's lack of it, in my opinion. That's not something that's going to change anytime soon, if ever.

you certainly have not experienced the lowest point then
and the forum did not deteriorate because zeitgeist joined and posted there
(even though the leader of the guild and a few members can be pretty rude and childish)
but rather it was the vicious way members and friends of kami's private secks hut attacked zeitgeist
and they showed their true character when they attacked my family in the vilest fashion
there are a few in that guild (and their friends) who believe(d) they own all rights in pard

but to the point of you getting the chance to post what you want without interference:
since most (if not all) of you have access to the donor's forum
wouldn't it be possible to create threads there
from what i heard, behaviour as often seen in pard would not be acceptable there
Gold: 1,346.90
Trader: Trusted
Feb 7 2010 10:44pm
i just pray this gets passed.
Feb 8 2010 10:28am
thanks for the votes so far. ;)
Gold: 1,519.00
Feb 8 2010 09:12pm
Amazing idea marcus. your always thinking of others :hug:
voted yes ofc :)
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Feb 8 2010 09:28pm
So would this only be for Christians?
Gold: 0.03
Feb 8 2010 10:12pm
sounds like a good idea to me. you got my vote :)
Gold: 0.10
Warn: 20%
Feb 8 2010 10:15pm
NOT SAYING I AM, but wha if people arnt religous, or against it. Thats a smack in the face... lietrealy
Gold: 11,181.00
Feb 8 2010 11:16pm

people can believe in what ever they choose as long as people are forcing other to choose a religion or not to personally i went to catholic school from grade 1-8 went to church and all that im baptized and stuff but i dont see my self very religious i believe in a something and a something but i don't think its heaven an hell type thing i see religion as something to believe in to give people faith n hope because if you just give up on w/e ur doing why bother starting it in the 1st place

i no there are people who try an shove religion down peoples through but there are atheist and other type people who throw shit in ur face 24 7 to its just a never ending battle believe in what you want to believe in know one knows if were right or wrong and no one is going to actually prove it
Feb 10 2010 10:30am
heres another example of what i do also, try and find video's to match the words of the day. this one is just an example.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=39675553&f=119
Go Back To Site Suggestions Archive Topic List
Prev14567811Next
Closed New Topic New Poll