d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Investment & Finance > Buy Bitcoin
Prev114151617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 420.00
Jul 21 2024 07:02am
Quote (SSJ3 @ Jul 21 2024 06:42am)
Do you have any sources wherr i can find this info that asume the marketcap and all is "fake"? Also you do understand as iam an investor bitcoin/crypto is only 5% of my total portfolio so i dont care that much if the market goes down i still make alot profits on other markets and real estate, and sidenote: i do take % wins when bitcoin goes up and set spotbuys on lower levels so i dont realy care it goes down alot cus its just opertunities to buy more

few examples were given in the monero thread, "exch.ch" warning on their website on feb 7th etc
cryptozilla's youtube video regarding tether few years ago doing a deep dive on how they can keep dodging audits, temporarily receiving funds to be like "hey guys, we have the monies, look!" while not actually having the funds that they should have
but it's been going cryptospace-wide for years, many of "reputable" exchanges having to close over the years because they went too greedy with those practices and couldnt keep up with the reserve they should have had
the other day sent you a link on the "best crypto exchange" thread which lists some current exchanges doing those practices

one aspect of it is known under the concept of "fractional reserve"
their order book having more coins than their actual reserve which can only be explained through the order book being fake with non-existing coins, fake sell walls and fake buy walls set up and used to "washtrade" through their own offchain software with non-existing coins

the only reason exchanges such as binance aint getting "ftx'd" just yet is because majority of newcomers to the space are using those exchange to hodl for them rather than through self-custody
which allows them to do exactly what ftx been doing, using customers funds that are not withdrawing to their own wallet for themselves

that's the reason behind those constant "closed withdrawals", because exchanges cant pay the customers

if an exchange has 1 BTC in then it should have at all times 1 BTC out but that's not the case
same way as the banks, if too many people try to withdraw at once, those exchange will have to declare bankcruptcy

like, fuck, even elon musk that dont know shit about anything crypto-related, couple years ago made a post being all mad and shits cause (paraphrasing) "if u cant pay customers their own funds because of fractional reserve practices then you shouldnt be able to dictate the price, this should be illegal"
but those exchanges are the entities that are able to push the regulations their way
more dumb regulations on everyday regular people while the real griefters (centralized exchanges) are getting away with extremely shady practices

luckily, it's not all doomed just yet for the cryptospace
there is still hope with decentralized exchanges like SeraiDEX with the use of its own liquidity pool etc (still in the work, ETA for EOY) to take some of that power back from centralized exchanges
washtrading should be done by actual daytraders, not by centralized exchanges that can, on their own order book say "there is 30 millions BTC in the order book" (while there isnt even that many actual existing BTC in circulation nor there will ever be)
would have to look around again to find some posts and rn just wanna get back to bed tbh lol (had to feed doggos), but it's out there, math isnt mathing, when adding up different exchanges order books, it goes over the real number of actual BTC in circulation
Gold: 4,200.69
Warn: 20%
Aug 5 2024 12:54am
Guys? 🫥
Aug 5 2024 01:14am
Quote (Pharaohmon @ Aug 5 2024 06:54am)
Guys? 🫥

what? yall just aint listen...
just check the previous page on this thread, called 2 weeks ago that by now there will be a huge dump on price

funny fun fact, just sort by 24h change on cmc or coingecko or whatever, stablecoins on top cause "stable" but then right after, monero outperforms all, oh, how strange... smh...
yall boring af
"daytraders" are clueless dumbasses just full of shit that dont know shit but acting like they do
fucking clowns...
Gold: 0.00
Aug 8 2024 07:42am
buy low sell high

said y'all should be buying when it dipped under 4k: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=82796254&f=34&p=555919232

we're still low
Gold: 1.00
Aug 8 2024 09:19am
Quote (Tyxo @ Aug 8 2024 07:42am)
buy low sell high

said y'all should be buying when it dipped under 4k: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=82796254&f=34&p=555919232

we're still low

Lmao, did you link to your multi account?
Gold: 0.00
Aug 8 2024 09:53am
Quote (SBD @ Aug 8 2024 11:19am)
Lmao, did you link to your multi account?

its no secret lmao admins are aware

e/ they just never locked that one

This post was edited by Tyxo on Aug 8 2024 09:54am
Aug 8 2024 11:17am
Code
https://mastodon.social/@hyc/112927300931600663

Quote (Howard Chu)

so... i guess to expect some kind of artificial pump so those dumbasses can sell what they mined at a loss before the actual dump for them to replenish at a lower cost?
i mean, rather than doing what normal people do, turning off the mining rigs and using the money saved from those electricity costs to buy directly the coin, they literally wasted those stoopid amounts of electricity at a loss
actual dumbasses? or just it doesnt even matter for them since they're already controlling the network and the market anyways.. :hyperthonk:
Aug 12 2024 08:03am
Quote (moonbeam420 @ Jul 21 2024 01:02pm)
few examples were given in the monero thread, "exch.ch" warning on their website on feb 7th etc
cryptozilla's youtube video regarding tether few years ago doing a deep dive on how they can keep dodging audits, temporarily receiving funds to be like "hey guys, we have the monies, look!" while not actually having the funds that they should have
but it's been going cryptospace-wide for years, many of "reputable" exchanges having to close over the years because they went too greedy with those practices and couldnt keep up with the reserve they should have had
the other day sent you a link on the "best crypto exchange" thread which lists some current exchanges doing those practices

one aspect of it is known under the concept of "fractional reserve"
their order book having more coins than their actual reserve which can only be explained through the order book being fake with non-existing coins, fake sell walls and fake buy walls set up and used to "washtrade" through their own offchain software with non-existing coins

the only reason exchanges such as binance aint getting "ftx'd" just yet is because majority of newcomers to the space are using those exchange to hodl for them rather than through self-custody
which allows them to do exactly what ftx been doing, using customers funds that are not withdrawing to their own wallet for themselves

that's the reason behind those constant "closed withdrawals", because exchanges cant pay the customers

if an exchange has 1 BTC in then it should have at all times 1 BTC out but that's not the case
same way as the banks, if too many people try to withdraw at once, those exchange will have to declare bankcruptcy

like, fuck, even elon musk that dont know shit about anything crypto-related, couple years ago made a post being all mad and shits cause (paraphrasing) "if u cant pay customers their own funds because of fractional reserve practices then you shouldnt be able to dictate the price, this should be illegal"
but those exchanges are the entities that are able to push the regulations their way
more dumb regulations on everyday regular people while the real griefters (centralized exchanges) are getting away with extremely shady practices

luckily, it's not all doomed just yet for the cryptospace
there is still hope with decentralized exchanges like SeraiDEX with the use of its own liquidity pool etc (still in the work, ETA for EOY) to take some of that power back from centralized exchanges
washtrading should be done by actual daytraders, not by centralized exchanges that can, on their own order book say "there is 30 millions BTC in the order book" (while there isnt even that many actual existing BTC in circulation nor there will ever be)
would have to look around again to find some posts and rn just wanna get back to bed tbh lol (had to feed doggos), but it's out there, math isnt mathing, when adding up different exchanges order books, it goes over the real number of actual BTC in circulation

coinbase be looking shady too
https://old.reddit.com/r/CoinBase/comments/1emo29w/coinbase_holding_my_crypto_hostage/

Quote (/u/Flame_out199)
I have had my Coinbase account for about 5 1/2 years, just buying and HODLing. Yesterday I decided to transfer my BTC to my cold wallet, and Coinbase declined the transaction ...
So, let me get this straight...a customer for 5+ years, purchasing BTC and giving CB money, and the moment I want to take my coin off the exchange they...deny me for 2 months without a good reason? If they wanted me to prove that it was me who requested the transaction and prove that I own the wallet where the BTC should be sent, fine. But this....this is inconceivable ...
Quote (/u/Substantial_Tip_2634)
They don't have the btc that's what is going on

Quote (/u/Texas-NativeATX)
Makes me wonder if CoinBase does not actually hold all the BTC it has been selling.

Quote (/u/TMRat)
Coinbase is for trading not for storing money.

Quote (/u/AmericanScream)
Code
what the fuck is going on at coinbase?
You guys never read their ToS, that's what's going on.

that, their ToS as mentioned in this last comment:
Code
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=102353093&f=383&p=657154895

Quote (derpykitty @ Feb 7 2024 11:00am)
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ Feb 7 2024 08:53am)
didn't that actually happen with the silicon valley bank thing last year? they all got their $ bcz the feds stepped in. it took a while, but they paid them. so yes, your money is insured with $ and a government bank

afaik crypto can't offer that

edit: guess it was 2 yrs ago, wow time flies
which it shouldnt have to since it's supposed to be meant for self-custody with people being their own bank, not through a 3rd party

and even worse, was iirc last year or couple years ago as well, for coinbase, they updated their ToS to pretty much protect themselves in case of bankcrupty and allowing themselves to literally steal customers funds and use those to cover their own expenses or whatever
i guess FTX should just have updated their ToS as well and sam bankman fried would have been a free man :bonk:

Code
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=103622826&f=383&p=664230355

Quote (moonbeam420 @ Jul 18 2024 06:20pm)
centralized exchanges are not for hodl
it's not an if but a when a centralized exchange will exit scam and pull a mt.gox on ya

and the bitcoin experiment clearly failed
when it was made with self-custody in mind to avoid entities to take over people's funds
it ended up being what it was meant to fight against

This post was edited by moonbeam420 on Aug 12 2024 08:11am
Gold: 575.00
Aug 13 2024 10:30pm
I am growing less excited about Bitcoin. It was intended to be a decentralized and anonymous currency. Now it being centralized within all the big institutions that control traditional finance. Anonymity is also becoming a thing of the past with KYC laws and regulations. It has devolved into a fancy "store of value" that can be sold as a financial service and taxed by the government. Despite this everyone still buys, myself included, because the squiggly line goes up. -_-

This post was edited by AsimovXB on Aug 13 2024 10:31pm
Aug 28 2024 08:04pm
Code
https://x.com/DefundIsraelNow/status/1828574099918188700
Binance has SEIZED all Palestinian crypto wallets, after a formal demand by Israel ... No wallet is safe on Binance.
Tomorrow it can be your wallet, can't trust Binance.

Code
https://x.com/TeamMonyCompany/status/1828703424390516796
44k Bitcoin have been withdrawn from Binance in the past 24 hours.

... and more
Go Back To Investment & Finance Topic List
Prev114151617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll