d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > FPS & Battle Royale > Escape From Tarkov > Guide For New Players.
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,065.99
Jan 8 2022 01:23pm
I am getting a lot of messages from new players that are probably just starting the game now because of twitch drops and the game being on sale so I figured I would write up a guide and put some tips up to help you get started.

#1 - You are going to die a ton just take it and move on and don't get discouraged. Even if you run out of money and guns etc you can always scav or just do pistol runs.

#2 - If you aren't 15 yet for flea market don't touch your scav. Run your scav through factory quick ques and you can just run straight to extract in 30 seconds for quick scav karma. Play your PMC as a scav throw some random cheap crap on like a pistol or a MP5. You want to PMC as much as you can to get XP and also level up your Strength and Endurance. The more Str and Endurance you have the faster you can loot and get into the next raid.

#3 - You don't have to take every gun fight you will make just as much money looting as you would killing PMC's probably more because you won't be dieing.

#4 - Do your quests, this is the easiest way to get XP and doing quests will help you learn maps.

#5 - If you just want to make rubles learn 1 map and spam it over and over, memorize where you spawn every game so you know where other players can spawn and where you should avoid. Also watch a loot farming guide on youtube for whatever map you decide to play.

#6 - Head shots on non-raider scavs give more XP, if you have the time to line up a headshot do it.

#7 - Memorize the prices of items if you can, over time this will come naturally but your goal should be to fill your backpack with items that are 10K or more every raid anything lower is a waste of space.

#8 - Insure your gear, if you kill a PMC you can take his stuff and then throw your gear in a bush and you will get it back through insurance the next day if no one finds it.

#9 - If you enjoy the game and have the spare money EOD edition gives you a 9 slot secure container and WAY more stash space.

#10 - Once you get flee be careful what you sell items for and double check. My first wipe I tried to sell a moonshine and must have miss click on ammo and I sold the ammo at the price of moonshine, it charged me like a 10 mil fee.

#11 - The longer scavs see you the more accurate they get, take some shots then go back behind cover if you missed and then peak them again for more shots.

Any other questions just feel free to ask here.

When buying roubles for fg

#1 - Through raid you will que up with someone they drop you the items and then nade you, then you sell items to therapist. Not sure what items other sellers bring in but I can bring just over a mil per raid. More if I have bitcoin on me.

#2 - Through flee you sell certain items over priced and they will give less fees. SSD's, SDiary, Books, Tetriz, GPU's, Moonshine. Certain streamer items. If you want the items back some sellers will bring them back in for you if you request it.

This post was edited by GGTheEnd on Jan 10 2022 01:28pm
Jan 9 2022 09:32pm
Bump
Gold: 41.69
Jan 10 2022 11:19am
Thanks boss
Gold: 22,362.00
Jan 10 2022 12:55pm
Quote (GGTheEnd @ Jan 8 2022 12:23pm)
#2 - If you aren't 15 yet for flea market don't touch your scav. Play your PMC as a scav throw some random cheap crap on like a pistol or a MP5. You want to PMC as much as you can to get XP and also level up your Strength and Endurance. The more Str and Endurance you have the faster you can loot and get into the next raid.

This is horrible advice for a new player. They should be running their scav as much as possible to get more familiar with maps and to start collecting gear, because they're going to die, a lot, on their PMC
Gold: 175.20
Jan 10 2022 12:56pm
21 OwPoW :D thx sir
Jan 10 2022 01:09pm
Quote (StevenTyler696 @ Jan 10 2022 10:55am)
This is horrible advice for a new player. They should be running their scav as much as possible to get more familiar with maps and to start collecting gear, because they're going to die, a lot, on their PMC

You won't learn PMC spawns on a scav which is one of the most important parts of learning a map. And if they play their PMC as if it was a scav with just a saiga-9 or a pistol and a backpack they can pay off whatever gear they lost with just 4 random crappy items in their secure container. My first wipe I never wanted to play my PMC because I was too worried to run out of money which is impossible if you just run pistols to learn the maps.
Gold: 8,507.00
Jan 10 2022 01:21pm
One thing someone could do is go factory with their scav, run straight to extract, then run that gear on their PMC. free gear, maybe spawn with high value key or item, get .01 scav karma, slowly learn factory while getting gear for PMC.
Jan 10 2022 01:26pm
Quote (darkdaze @ Jan 10 2022 11:21am)
One thing someone could do is go factory with their scav, run straight to extract, then run that gear on their PMC. free gear, maybe spawn with high value key or item, get .01 scav karma, slowly learn factory while getting gear for PMC.

Ya thats very true as well. And factory does have fast que times, ill change that.
Gold: 50.00
Jan 10 2022 01:54pm
With the scav lock-on mechanic, if you stay hidden from their line of sight for 2 or more minutes they lose interest in you, helps when you're pinched by sniper scav etc.
Also worth noting you only get the free healing from therapist every raid until you pass level 5(think its level 5) after that she charges you based on missing health and injuries (fractures etc). Its much more cost effective to use your own healing tools (specially grizzlies) to heal the wounds and on top of it you get a bit of player exp for healing out of raid (use to be Vitality skill too but that's just bugged now)
Oh one more addition possibly, when you get damaged guns in raid where the traders wont take them you can right click -> disassemble and sell every weapon part to mechanic/skier/jaeger (mechanic most weapon parts, jaeger for knives/silencers/sniper items, skier for the rest) and the damaged barrel to fence. Nets more cash than just selling it as one damaged weapon to fence. :)
Gold: 7,940.00
Jan 10 2022 02:24pm
I think it's worth noting that you're less likely to get killed by someone you don't see if you walk instead of sprinting all the time since sprint and jumping sounds travel very far. If they are walking and you run towards them, they'll simply stop, turn around and wait for you to get out behind the bushes or trees straight into their crosshair.

Also, learning how to hipfire and use lasers is very very effective.
Go Back To Escape From Tarkov Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Topic New Poll