d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > First Account Suspension
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Oct 16 2021 11:43pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Oct 17 2021 12:33am)
The rules are there for two reasons, to keep the site fair and orderly and to protect people from scams, these rules may seem pointless or arbitrary to you but if everyone broke them chaos would be the first result.
We have been running on these rules for nearly 20 years now and are still going strong.

Gotcha, so basically the "No PMing trades" rule isn't enforced, more of a suggestion to prevent being scammed?
Gold: 21.93
Oct 16 2021 11:43pm
Quote (godflo @ Oct 17 2021 04:39pm)
Right, I read those and they made everything much more unclear for me. I agree the trading & mediators on here are great. 10/10 overall. But I'm super concerned now about the rules. For example:

Trade rules - Illegal Trades #2:
No trades via PM.
What does this even mean? Every trade I've done we've pm'd each other (hypothetically of course, for legal reasons). Like how do you trade without PMing? What is someone PMs you from a thread you made (which seems like always)?

And then pretty much every "spamming rule" could be applied to pretty much any comment lol.

Mostly just wondering if the first warning for something is a 15 minute suspension, what is the next suspension? A day? 30 days? Like one day I'll try to log in and be out for a month because I posted a meme? And then how many before it's permanent?

Moving forward I'm obviously going to be walking on egg shells, but still I'm wondering if holding gold on here is a risk.

The no trades via pm rule means you set up the trade in a thread so there is more evidence in the case of a scam, you are allowed to pm games etc, just not initiate a trade via a pm.
It is always a good idea to get the person who pm'd you to post in your thread confirming the trade, this is an added layer of evidence.
Every single one of the rules was formed based upon incidents that have happened numerous times in the past, the safest way to trade is to stick within the rules and if anything seems off always request a mediator.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Oct 16 2021 11:46pm
Gold: 10,277.78
Oct 16 2021 11:46pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Oct 16 2021 11:43pm)
The no trades via pm rule means you set up the trade in a thread so there is more evidence in the case of a scam, you are allowed to pm games etc, just not initiate a trade via a pm.
It is always a good idea to get the person who pm'd you to post in your thread confirming the trade, this is an added layer of evidence.

and to click the box that says save to sent folder when sending a pm about a trade as well
Oct 16 2021 11:46pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Oct 17 2021 12:43am)

Right, so lets say I post a thread selling an item. Some guy pm's me to buy the item with a game name or whatever (this happens all the time). If I accept this offer, join the game, do the trade. That breaks the rules because he didn't comment on my post. So then I potentially get suspended again? And now since I've already had a 15 minute suspension, is it going to be a 30 minute, hour, or day suspension now?

Or are certain rules enforced and some aren't?
Oct 16 2021 11:49pm
Quote (godflo @ Oct 17 2021 04:46pm)
Right, so lets say I post a thread selling an item. Some guy pm's me to buy the item with a game name or whatever (this happens all the time). If I accept this offer, join the game, do the trade. That breaks the rules because he didn't comment on my post. So then I potentially get suspended again? And now since I've already had a 15 minute suspension, is it going to be a 30 minute, hour, or day suspension now?

I advise you to always have that user post in your thread.
I also advise you to follow all the rules, they are all enforced, some are more serious violations than others but they are all important.
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Oct 16 2021 11:50pm
Quote (TheFarSideOfTheForce @ Oct 16 2021 10:38pm)
The rules are in place to help prevent scams

you wont get banned until you recieved 100% warn suspension, scam, sell or attempt to sell fg for rl currency

Kyhle is pretty much the poster child of what not to post on jsp hence the 50% warn plaguefears and vibrations advice should be the ones you heed

edit: welcome to and enjoy jsp.. its literally the best gaming trading community and platform ever

Why are you trying to make an example out of me.
Gold: 10,277.78
Oct 16 2021 11:50pm
Quote (godflo @ Oct 16 2021 11:46pm)

no you have trade thread youre good but should get seller to post and confirm via pm

example of a pm trade

bob posts an iso

you post your item in bob post for sale

chad pm you says ill buy that

you make trade

chad scams you and you have no proof what item was traded or agreed to

This post was edited by TheFarSideOfTheForce on Oct 16 2021 11:54pm
Retired Moderator
Gold: 10,769.69
Trader: Trusted
Oct 16 2021 11:51pm
You don't need to "walk on eggshells". Ultimately the suspension was given to point you in the right direction.

These are not given out to scare you, they're more of a "hey listen up!" than anything else.

Quote (godflo @ 17 Oct 2021 01:46)

All rules are enforced -- how they are enforced (suspension, warn, etc) is entirely case-by-case and cannot give you a blanket statement on how each is dealt with.

In general you are probably fine to operate how you have been. That one post in question was just something that needed a heads-up about.

Now you know about the rule and can adjust accordingly. Please don't feel scared about your posting, suspensions are just tools to point you in the right direction is all.
Oct 17 2021 12:02am
Quote (Beacon @ Oct 17 2021 12:51am)
You don't need to "walk on eggshells". Ultimately the suspension was given to point you in the right direction.

These are not given out to scare you, they're more of a "hey listen up!" than anything else.

All rules are enforced -- how they are enforced (suspension, warn, etc) is entirely case-by-case and cannot give you a blanket statement on how each is dealt with.

In general you are probably fine to operate how you have been. That one post in question was just something that needed a heads-up about.

Now you know about the rule and can adjust accordingly. Please don't feel scared about your posting, suspensions are just tools to point you in the right direction is all.

This is helpful, I guess my biggest concern is if you guys open up with a 15 minute suspension for a petty violation, what's next? And how many before a ban? It won't be an exact answer but is it common for people to be permanently banned for petty violations?

I would suggest to the admins of this site to open up with a private message just warning people about their first violation, especially if it's super petty. It gives a pretty strong impression that I'm gonna be banned next time I do anything.. Lol. Maybe first petty violation a message. Second time a 15 minute suspension, etc.

Maybe I'm just paranoid but my first reaction was "oh boy I need to get my items back ASAP".
Oct 17 2021 12:06am
Quote (godflo @ Oct 17 2021 05:02pm)
This is helpful, I guess my biggest concern is if you guys open up with a 15 minute suspension for a petty violation, what's next? And how many before a ban? It won't be an exact answer but is it common for people to be permanently banned for petty violations?

I would suggest to the admins of this site to open up with a private message just warning people about their first violation, especially if it's super petty. It gives a pretty strong impression that I'm gonna be banned next time I do anything.. Lol. Maybe first petty violation a message. Second time a 15 minute suspension, etc.

Maybe I'm just paranoid but my first reaction was "oh boy I need to get my items back ASAP".

It is next to impossible to get banned here without being extremely toxic and malicious.
https://forums.d2jsp.org/info.php?p=26
This is how the system works.
Basically each small violation can add up to a larger one, or a large one could get you a warning, each warning is 10% on a bar and has drawbacks associated with it.
Your account is disabled at 100%, this is very hard to do without actually trying to do it or being a very disruptive community member, even 40% warn is rare to see.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Oct 17 2021 12:09am
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic