d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Please Help. My Game Keeps Freezing. Fixable?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 65,293.25
Aug 8 2024 12:55pm
Sorry if this is the wrong section to post about technical difficulties but I would be extremely grateful for any help

I play on an iPhone (I know it’s wack). Here’s the problem (or the 2nd problem LoL):

I enter catacombs, I move through the map, I find some bad guys, I start attacking and the entire game freezes. After being frozen for 10-15 secs, I get booted back to town with a lot less life than I had before the freeze. Sometimes it’ll freeze when I’m glyphing, fishing, or even in the marketplace. It used to only freeze when I was at home but now it freezes no matter where I play. And now it’s freezing so frequently (once every ~30secs) that the game is unbearable to play.

Thanks guys!
Gold: 3,986.60
Trader: Trusted
Aug 8 2024 01:30pm
What model iPhone?
What OS version?

Are you playing over cellular or are you connected to Wi-Fi?

If it occurs over cellular, does it also happen if you connect to Wi-Fi (and vice versa)?
Aug 8 2024 01:38pm
Quote (bodierox @ Aug 8 2024 03:30pm)
What model iPhone?
What OS version?

Are you playing over cellular or are you connected to Wi-Fi?

If it occurs over cellular, does it also happen if you connect to Wi-Fi (and vice versa)?

Thanks for the reply. I’m playing over cellular. It never used to freeze on cellular. It would only freeze over wi fi. Now it freezes over both! I’m gonna check to see what iPhone and OS I’m on rn.

17.5.1. <—- that’s an OS, right?
iPhone Xr <—- that’s a phone, right?

I really appreciate the help. I’m totally useless at these things.

This post was edited by MagillaGorilla on Aug 8 2024 01:42pm
Aug 8 2024 06:24pm
That might be a part of the issue.
The iPhone XR was originally released in 2018 and is likely going to stop receiving updates/support later this year.

It would be my guess that the freezing has something to do with the older hardware/software, however, this would need to be verified by someone more
familiar with the dev level of the game.
Aug 9 2024 06:13am
Quote (bodierox @ Aug 8 2024 08:24pm)
That might be a part of the issue.
The iPhone XR was originally released in 2018 and is likely going to stop receiving updates/support later this year.

It would be my guess that the freezing has something to do with the older hardware/software, however, this would need to be verified by someone more
familiar with the dev level of the game.

Damn. Thanks for the feedback. It’s weird that it worked smoothly for a year…

Does my level of gaming addiction rise high enough to buy a new phone and replace one, that otherwise, works fine? It’s a tough CALL. Get it? Phone Call?

This post was edited by MagillaGorilla on Aug 9 2024 06:13am
Aug 9 2024 06:50am
Quote (MagillaGorilla @ 9 Aug 2024 07:13)

Does my level of gaming addiction rise high enough to buy a new phone and replace one, that otherwise, works fine? It’s a tough CALL. Get it? Phone Call?

I am not promising this is the issue.
It is possible due to the age of the device, however.
Gold: 884.47
Aug 9 2024 10:10am
Could try a different browser maybe?
Gold: 11,478.10
Aug 10 2024 12:05am
Quote (MagillaGorilla @ 10 Aug 2024 00:13)

PUN ... good call on that... get it? Sorry, just being phony. (ouch, I am bad at puns)

I don't play on any phone device, however, I believe it is the age of your phone "2018" causing issues, have you played on a PC / Laptop at all when you get home?

I use Windows 7... this OS is obsolete and not updated, your phone however can update Win 10, Chrome, Edge, Firefox browsers etc for you to test, Upload them, test and play... if not better, uninstall / delete slow browsers.

Note: this is just a suggestion, I do NOT know what will work for your phone as I am using a PC with 1GB RAM and Windows Home 7 OS and my PC is from 2010 and I can still play LS on Wi Fi without freezing as much or as often as you are on your phone... it could also be where you are located at that time.
Aug 16 2024 09:38am
public service announcement:
Firstly, thank you for all the posts. I’m deeply embarrassed to reveal this (even more so than admitting to playing on the phone) but has anyone seen that really old show that came on the BBC called The “IT” Crowd? Well, I used their solution (by accident). On the show, people at work struggle with their computers and they call the IT department who always answer the phone like this: “Hullo. IT department. Have you tried turning it off and on again?”

I restarted my ole janky phone and it’s only frozen 2x in 3 days.

Quote (izParagonzi @ Aug 10 2024 02:05am)
PUN ... good call on that... get it? Sorry, just being phony. (ouch, I am bad at puns)

I don't play on any phone device, however, I believe it is the age of your phone "2018" causing issues, have you played on a PC / Laptop at all when you get home?

I use Windows 7... this OS is obsolete and not updated, your phone however can update Win 10, Chrome, Edge, Firefox browsers etc for you to test, Upload them, test and play... if not better, uninstall / delete slow browsers.

Note: this is just a suggestion, I do NOT know what will work for your phone as I am using a PC with 1GB RAM and Windows Home 7 OS and my PC is from 2010 and I can still play LS on Wi Fi without freezing as much or as often as you are on your phone... it could also be where you are located at that time.

Hehe. Thanks for the post.

This post was edited by MagillaGorilla on Aug 16 2024 09:39am
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll