d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Max Monster Wave Spawn Option Solo &/or Group#
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 5,990.15
Dec 28 2023 12:55am
The basic idea is:

If you solo, each wave encounter is maximum of 3 (typing /set max 0 disables it)
If you are in a two(2) person group, each monster wave encounter is maximum of 5 (typing /set max 0 disables it)
If you are in a three(3) person group, each monster wave encounter is maximum of 7 (typing /set max 0 disables it)
If you are in a four(4) or five(5) person group, each monster wave encounter is maximum of 9 (typing /set max 0 disables it)

So to "enable" maximum monster wave spawn would be typing /set max 1.

Now, with group climbing, the driver would have to type in the command, and if the driver has been switched could disable it if they have not typed /set max 1 themselves.

There is another option... through settings of the driver, they can enable this automatically by ticking the option without typing /set max 1, so when the group is getting organized, they can ask the driver to either enable or disable it through the settings, or if the driver tells the rest of the group that it has been enabled or disabled.

Well that is my thought, and I voted Yes.

EDIT: Okay, imagine this with Whistling, every wave of monsters are Maximum, and you don't encounter Evil Presence ... it would be more challenging by about 10%, it also increases your Combat profs, gives you more chances to use your Abilities, makes healers 5% more valuable in your runs etc... hey, my numbers maybe off, but a 4 or 5 person group whistling 9 monster wave per click of the letter T will just make it faster, and also casters having to pick up crap to shrine more frequently and so on... more exciting.

EDIT2: Oh, imagine exploring... the maximum of EPs would spawn ... so dang great, especially when doing Maps with +X EPs ... you get max wave of them... thus increasing the prices of Maps.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Dec 28 2023 01:16am
Gold: 96,617.22
Dec 28 2023 01:17am
wtf
Dec 28 2023 01:24am
Quote (ToughGuy_TJ @ 28 Dec 2023 20:17)
wtf

Would be awesome right... solo'ing and every wave encounter is maximum of 3 monster spawn... okay... you miss out on Soften the Sneaky Shell objective... but really... who cares right? Now with Treasure Pest... hmm, oh and Four Corners... each of them are 3 or up to 9 and not 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 to complete in a full group, however if solo'ing... you get 3 max EPs per corner... making it so much more fun... but you can ignore that objective because of the Update... you get the first corner and just exit game and you will never have to face that objective ever again.

So much potential... and if you want Treasure Pest objective, you can disable it, go solo and use the level 5 map trick to spawn it, get other players in the game to complete it with you and you all get that objective (this goes for Soften the sneaky shell also)... you remember, where you run a level 5 map, use the /set easy 1 command and you only get maximum of 1 EP spawn! (ensure you are in the level req requirements and that is an active objective.)

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Dec 28 2023 01:24am
Gold: 56,390.31
Dec 28 2023 03:38am
I maybe missing something here but can you imagine how long snd boring teying to complete a lvl 55 map/catacomb would be if it spawnee 3 or more monsters per tile? Fight longer, fight harder, which would give me less time/opportunity to go after the ep’s/treasure chests/ cpmpleting the map/catacomb.

Im having difficulty seeing the benefit of this idea especially since drop rate is very small on normal monsters
Gold: 80,380.73
Dec 28 2023 11:09am
Coming from a solo hc perspective, I would use this at lower and mid levels as it would let me grind for xp/items/shrines faster. At higher levels it would rip me for sure, as climbing is already a bit iffy post 71, especially on robed characters. Having it being adjustable on the fly would be neat.

I see it similar to d2 players x command, which I loved for soloing hc as it let you grind better items/runes and made leveling to 99 possible. D2 also had rejuvenation pots for those "oh shit" moments, whereas with LS I have to pray the go to town button works.
Gold: 31,115.40
Dec 28 2023 01:26pm
Not the direction i thought you were going but more options in gameplay are cool.

🙃 ❄
Dec 28 2023 02:45pm
Quote (CARTRACK @ 28 Dec 2023 22:38)
I maybe missing something here but can you imagine how long snd boring teying to complete a lvl 55 map/catacomb would be if it spawnee 3 or more monsters per tile? Fight longer, fight harder, which would give me less time/opportunity to go after the ep’s/treasure chests/ cpmpleting the map/catacomb.

Im having difficulty seeing the benefit of this idea especially since drop rate is very small on normal monsters

As it states, you can disable it if you do not want to encounter Maximum Monster Spawn per tile. It is your option.

Quote (jlhromeo @ 29 Dec 2023 06:09)
Coming from a solo hc perspective, I would use this at lower and mid levels as it would let me grind for xp/items/shrines faster. At higher levels it would rip me for sure, as climbing is already a bit iffy post 71, especially on robed characters. Having it being adjustable on the fly would be neat.

I see it similar to d2 players x command, which I loved for soloing hc as it let you grind better items/runes and made leveling to 99 possible. D2 also had rejuvenation pots for those "oh shit" moments, whereas with LS I have to pray the go to town button works.

Quote (subwolf22 @ 29 Dec 2023 08:26)
Not the direction i thought you were going but more options in gameplay are cool.

🙃 ❄

Thanks for replies. everyone.
Gold: 43,949.87
Dec 28 2023 03:44pm
So with /set max 0 you spawn 1-9 mobs on each encounter, regardless of how many players are in the group? And, if there are 4-5 players in your group this has no effect?

Or is it with /set max 1 you always spawn the max number of mobs based on number of players in the group?
Gold: 80,380.73
Dec 28 2023 04:12pm
What about /set mobs x would allow up to x monsters to spawn regardless of group size?

Kinda like the easy mode toggle only more adjustable
Gold: 15,594.84
Dec 28 2023 05:12pm
How about set max EPs to 9 but max normal mobs to 3?

:evil:
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll