d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Testing Out Axes > You Need To See This
Prev16789Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 30,363.04
Oct 11 2010 07:45am
Quote (njaguar @ 11 Oct 2010 15:24)
Either everyone that actually does understand this is not posting so they can gobble up your axes dirt cheap, or ...

Seriously, someone come to your senses and please set it straight. I'm tired of stating the obvious every time. (Here's a hint, I've already posted it myself at least 3 or 4 times)

In the meantime, quit panicking, because you're wrong about your conclusion. I will not point out why, but leave that to someone else.

sry, but human beings believe what they see and we are looking at pure numbers, so we believe in them.
doesnt avg dmg mean that this is the average dmg we deal with each hit?

so the numbers are showing that axes are clearly crap compared to clubs or daggers. so how can axes be comparable to daggers dmg wise? numbers are showing a much lower avg dmg for axes with similar overall stat points. and the tests are also showing that the ratio doesnt matter to axes.

its hard to understand that they are still similar when we see that they are not...

This post was edited by derDrops on Oct 11 2010 07:45am
Gold: 8,879.04
Oct 11 2010 07:49am
I bet if you unbalanced in favor of str, your damage would drop (base dmg unchanged, less crits).

Paul stated earlier that the ratio and dex balanced each other out in the crit dept. I bet you're just making up the difference between your two tests.

As to critical damage reduction, it'd be fun if vitality did that. It would even out all the stats. ^_^

This post was edited by Edball on Oct 11 2010 07:53am
Gold: 132.51
Oct 11 2010 07:53am
Quote (Edball @ Oct 11 2010 01:49pm)

As to critical damage reduction, it'd be fun if vitality did that. It would even out all the stats. ^_^

Vita is very strong, i wonder why it is that unpopular...
It acts just like int does vs phys damage. I have been tanking better with my XI 150EE chain than anotherusing a 200EE XIV scale by just having 40 vita on my EE-Charm... but thats another topic I guess ;)
Gold: 1,688.62
Oct 11 2010 08:05am
Quote (njaguar @ Oct 11 2010 09:24am)
Either everyone that actually does understand this is not posting so they can gobble up your axes dirt cheap, or ...

Seriously, someone come to your senses and please set it straight. I'm tired of stating the obvious every time. (Here's a hint, I've already posted it myself at least 3 or 4 times)

In the meantime, quit panicking, because you're wrong about your conclusion. I will not point out why, but leave that to someone else.

I think my screen shots and other peoples screenshots of damage show that we are not wrong in saying axes cannot do the same damage as other weapons. With a perfect ratio using a 200% lvl 45 axe, I did 654 average damage, with an unperfect ratio and a 212% lvl 45 club, I did 950 average damage. 12% ee=300 average damage? I think not. You made an error in this part of the update. I hope you will get some of each weapon and test it out for yourself. It is not possible to achieve the same damage with axes as you can with other weapons. Hell I was using the best mq axe in the game and did the same average that my 45 club was doing.

.9/.1=1
.75/.25=1
.5/.5=1
.75/.25=1
.9/.1=1

Seems to all add up, but using daggers. Put one point in dex, you get ~.9ee, put 2 points in dex and you get ~1.8 ee. With axes, put one point in str or dex, you get ~.5ee, put two points in and you get ~1ee. However this little chart is assuming everyone will put into str and dex evenly to get ~1ee. You are forced to do this with axes and stupid to do it with daggers/clubs. If you put 200 points into str/dex with axes that would equal ~100 ee, with daggers if you put 200 points into dex that would equal ~180ee. The screen shots that I've posted and others show this is the truth.

Please don't tell us we're wrong and our screens are not accurate and we're actually doing phantom damage, I give you way too much money for that...please give me a little more respect. Something unintended happened with this update and if you are not aware of it, then now you are. If you intended to nerf axes and to a lesser extent staves/swords then just come out and say it. If you don't believe us because you are the one that created this game and know better. Ask yourself if you can make mistakes and then go pick up some weapons and test them out. Get some of your beta testers to help and see if we are wrong or not. Because none of us, and I mean zero people on this forum know how to make axes compete with daggers right now. I'm using some of the best gear in the game and I'm getting spanked by low stat, low ee daggers. This is the truth and the screenshots show it. If you'd like I'll ask some people to make some screenies using daggers and I think You'll see a huge difference. Hell I do it with clubs too.

Please don't blow this off like a bunch of mistaken kids. I think an oversite was made and you will either fix it or not. The evidence shows there is a problem though.
Gold: 7,863.56
Oct 11 2010 08:09am
The problem is not in the implementation of the ratios. The problem is in the interpretation of the implementation
Oct 11 2010 08:15am
Quote (Paparick @ Oct 11 2010 10:09am)
The problem is not in the implementation of the ratios. The problem is in the interpretation of the implementation

No, that is is not true and any actual testing with the weapons will show this. I did a full str build using axes and did the same damage that I did statting exactly 50/50. Nothing you do, no matter how you stat, you cannot compete with other weapons when using axes. Rick, I'll come to your guild and let you borrow my axes and gear if you want to see for yourself. It doesn't matter how we interpret it, nothing we do will make the weapons even in damage with each other. Please take me up on this, and test it out yourself. Before you do, please note that you will be honor bound to actually post the truth, which goes against this update and will make you sound like I sound...a whiney little bitch. If you are up for seeing it for yourself and up for reporting the truth, then let me know.

Unfair Advantage has some of the best gear in the game, so for someone "in the know", please tell us what to do to get a 1700 average with an axe. Hell tell us what to do to get a 1500 average.

This post was edited by HoR_Rahl on Oct 11 2010 08:19am
Gold: 132.51
Oct 11 2010 08:17am
Quote (Paparick @ Oct 11 2010 02:09pm)

But there is no stating possible for hor_rals axes to mach the damage dealt by mentioned lesser club!
Not an even ratio of 50/50, not an all dex build, not an all str build... it is only the fact of clubs being stronger than axes...

If intended or not, it is a shown an proven fact by multiple people and active slashers. It is not about complaining and QQing about this, but only mentioning it.

Quote (Paparick @ Oct 11 2010 02:17pm)
You are not coming to Laby again

wrong topic ^_^

This post was edited by Harpel on Oct 11 2010 08:20am
Gold: 7,863.56
Oct 11 2010 08:17am
Quote (HoR_Rahl @ Oct 11 2010 11:15am)
No, that is is not true and any actual testing with the weapons will show this. I did a full str build using axes and did the same damage that I did statting exactly 50/50. Nothing you do, no matter how you stat, you cannot compete with other weapons when using axes. Rick, I'll come to your guild and let you borrow my axes and gear if you want to see for yourself. It doesn't matter how we interpret it, nothing we do will make the weapons even in damage with each other. Please take me up on this, and test it out yourself. Before you do, please note that you will be honor bound to actually post the truth, which goes against this update and will make you sound like I sound...a whiney little bitch. If you are up for seeing it for yourself and up for reporting the truth, then let me know.

Oct 11 2010 08:22am
Quote (Paparick @ Oct 11 2010 10:17am)

wow, because I made this topic? The other day, when I was guildless you said I was more then welcome. Oh well, please keep posts like this to pm because they are off topic and total dodging of what's been said to you personally.

Please prove what you said earlier, if you cannot, then shut up.

Quote (Edball @ Oct 11 2010 10:22am)
Yes, but:
Str: Base damage, crits based on ratio
Dex: Base damage, crits based on ratio
Int: Max Mana, Magic Defense, Magic damage, Magic Crits
Vit: Max life, Physical Defense, Crit Defense

...is much more balanced than attributing it to dex, especially with the new weapon ratios.

I'm not saying vit is weak, I'm saying now it'll be factored in more to every char, not just tanks. Then not a single stat can go unweighed for a char and all stat charms would have a relatively equal use.

That said, you're right. Another topic or pm. ^_^

Guys, please make another topic or take this to pm. The moderators are trying to close this topic and just need the smallest reason. This is why people like paparick are posting off topic and trying to encite (me) into flaming.

This post was edited by HoR_Rahl on Oct 11 2010 08:25am
Gold: 8,879.04
Oct 11 2010 08:22am
Quote (Harpel @ Oct 11 2010 09:53am)
Vita is very strong, i wonder why it is that unpopular...
It acts just like int does vs phys damage. I have been tanking better with my XI 150EE chain than anotherusing a 200EE XIV scale by just having 40 vita on my EE-Charm... but thats another topic I guess ;)

Yes, but:
Str: Base damage, crits based on ratio
Dex: Base damage, crits based on ratio
Int: Max Mana, Magic Defense, Magic damage, Magic Crits
Vit: Max life, Physical Defense, Crit Defense

...is much more balanced than attributing it to dex, especially with the new weapon ratios.

I'm not saying vit is weak, I'm saying now it'll be factored in more to every char, not just tanks. Then not a single stat can go unweighed for a char and all stat charms would have a relatively equal use.

That said, you're right. Another topic or pm. ^_^
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev16789Next
Closed New Topic New Poll