d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Testing Out Axes > You Need To See This
Prev156789Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 30,363.04
Oct 11 2010 05:21am
Quote (Natester @ 11 Oct 2010 12:21)
This is so strange. I was doing cata hc with one other person a couple nights ago and I was averaging 600 damage and crits as high as 1800.  Funny thing about that is I had 128 dex, 128 str and using a 155 ee 55 axe. Nowhere near the gear you were using :unsure:

the current sustem seems to expect even stats for each weapon to make them even.

so the weapon doesnt matter as long as u have even stats. and exactly there is the mistake in thinking.

my idea for a solution:

named ratio for dmg and the invert of that ratio for crits!

so if a dagger says 1str/9dex u get 0.1 ee each str and 0.9 ee each dex for pure dmg. then it also says u get 0.1% crit chance from dex, but 0.9 % crit chance from str. (something like that)

also... did u notice: crits dealing the double of the rolled dmg at any time?

Quote (Harpel @ 11 Oct 2010 13:21)

I made a suggestion towards paul to make crits Player --> monster to be affected ONLY by Str and crits monster --> player to be affected ONLY by dex to even it out a little...the answer i got was rather disappointing. There will be no change concerning this matter, as sad as this is imo...

i think ur idea is just not solving the problem^^

This post was edited by derDrops on Oct 11 2010 05:36am
Gold: 132.51
Oct 11 2010 05:21am
Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ Oct 11 2010 07:15am)
i think you cant beat daggers with axes.. because no matter if you stat dex or str with axes... 50% of the stats count as ee.. but its 90% of dex when you use a dagger.. so axes cant reach daggers. if you have the same stat points to use
imagine for dagger:
200dex 40str --> 180+4= 184ee

for axes:
200dex 40str --> 100+20= 120ee
120dex 120str --> 60+60= 120ee

thats imo how it works..

This!

I made a ratio test on my pally with axes as well wich can be found here: (EDIT: post #42)
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=48556440&f=272

My results were exactly the same as hor_rahl's test: Ratio didnt matter at all.
Since Dexterity does not only increase damage done but also damage received (less severe crits), it is now overpowered. Daggers profit most from dex with an awesome rate of 0.9 "power" per Dex + they can be used by most classes --> overpowered as well.

I made a suggestion towards paul to make crits Player --> monster to be affected ONLY by Str and crits monster --> player to be affected ONLY by dex to even it out a little...the answer i got was rather disappointing. There will be no change concerning this matter, as sad as this is imo...

This post was edited by Harpel on Oct 11 2010 05:23am
Gold: 106,730.84
Oct 11 2010 05:43am
Quote (Harpel @ Oct 11 2010 07:21am)
This!

I made a ratio test on my pally with axes as well wich can be found here: (EDIT: post #42)
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=48556440&f=272

My results were exactly the same as hor_rahl's test: Ratio didnt matter at all.
Since Dexterity does not only increase damage done but also damage received (less severe crits), it is now overpowered. Daggers profit most from dex with an awesome rate of 0.9 "power" per Dex + they can be used by most classes --> overpowered as well.

lol you should tihnk out suggestions before u suggest them
daggers arent the only weapons in the game, if str is used to block crits then clubs would be the most overpowered weapon if all these numbers are accurate
Oct 11 2010 06:06am
Quote (Boss @ Oct 11 2010 11:43am)
lol you should tihnk out suggestions before u suggest them
daggers arent the only weapons in the game, if str is used to block crits then clubs would be the most overpowered weapon if all these numbers are accurate

Learn to read.

To maybe make my suggestion more obvious

atm:
Str for stronger offensive crits (player --> monster according to ratio) + Damage according to ratio
Dex for stronger offensive crits (player --> monster according to ratio) + Damage according to ratio + less severe defensive crits (monster --> player)

my suggestion:
Str for stronger offensive crits (player --> monster according to ratio) + Damage according to ratio
Damage according to ratio + less severe defensive crits (monster --> player)

i NEVER wrote sth like str used to block crits. Str affects only damage done to monsters. Dex not only does the same, but also affects damage done by monsters. If you have a high dex, you are a better tank than if you only have a high str.
Gold: 106,730.84
Oct 11 2010 06:12am
Quote (Harpel @ Oct 11 2010 08:06am)
Learn to read.

To maybe make my suggestion more obvious

atm:
Dex for stronger offensive crits (player --> monster according to ratio) + Damage according to ratio + less severe defensive crits (monster --> player)

my suggestion:
Damage according to ratio + less severe defensive crits (monster --> player)

i NEVER wrote sth like str used to block crits. Str affects only damage done to monsters. Dex not only does the same, but also affects damage done by monsters. If you have a high dex, you are a better tank than if you only have a high str.

sorry bro i havent slept in a long time
i misread, still dont agree with your suggestion however
i think he just needs to fix the ratios so they work in a way that makes sense
Oct 11 2010 06:15am
Quote (Boss @ Oct 11 2010 12:12pm)
sorry bro i havent slept in a long time
i misread, still dont agree with your suggestion however
i think he just needs to fix the ratios so they work in a way that makes sense

np^^

Or we could just exploit the weaknesses in the system and go pure Dex&Dagger only :rolleyes:
Gold: 30,363.04
Oct 11 2010 06:41am
Quote (Harpel @ 11 Oct 2010 14:15)
np^^

Or we could just exploit the weaknesses in the system and go pure Dex&Dagger only  :rolleyes:

... we always exploit lacks in systems, thats human nature. guess why ppl were prof farming when it was possible to gain infinite prof points each mob? - answer: cuz it was possible!
ppl just decided to rather farm prof than climbing.
and now ppl decide to get huge dex for daggers and not even stats like the system expects^^
Oct 11 2010 06:58am
But still there is some confusion and ppl trying to match their stats according to their weapon ratio. So paul got his will at least partially ;)
Admin
Gold: 14,820.00
Trader: Trusted
Oct 11 2010 07:24am
Either everyone that actually does understand this is not posting so they can gobble up your axes dirt cheap, or ...

Seriously, someone come to your senses and please set it straight. I'm tired of stating the obvious every time. (Here's a hint, I've already posted it myself at least 3 or 4 times)

In the meantime, quit panicking, because you're wrong about your conclusion. I will not point out why, but leave that to someone else.
Oct 11 2010 07:44am
We dont panick, and at least I dont sell my axe-Set ;)

All we are stating here are experiences made while slashing. We dont blame anyone, we dont complain, we only state our experiments and draw our own conclusions :)
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev156789Next
Closed New Topic New Poll