d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Congrats Roy > 300gps Mark
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 119,903.34
Oct 27 2009 01:16pm
Let's be real here. Roy has the most MQs on one character and he started way late. I have been playing since the beginning and I am 2nd to him.

I don't argue at all who is the best on HC. Simply because you can't. I mean I could sit here and argue that if I didn't pass to HH, I would have the same amount or more MQs on one character than Roy. (Considering ourCaster gear is very similar and the Best On HC.) And I will stand by that statement :).

Joshie is a great HC Slasher and got lucky and hit Alchemist. Good for him and I am happy for him. Roy beasting out MQs is awesome and I am happy for him.

The arguing of who is the best is just useless.And the whole "Arena Star" thing. I think it is awesome. And they obviously said it was an inside joke.

Gold: 11,270.01
Warn: 20%
Oct 27 2009 01:21pm
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ 27 Oct 2009 20:16)
Let's be real here. Roy has the most MQs on one character and he started way late. I have been playing since the beginning and I am 2nd to him.

I don't argue at all who is the best on HC. Simply because you can't. I mean I could sit here and argue that if I didn't pass to HH, I would have the same amount or more MQs on one character than Roy. (Considering ourCaster  gear is very similar and the Best On HC.) And I will stand by that statement :).

Joshie is a great HC Slasher and got lucky and hit Alchemist. Good for him and I am happy for him. Roy beasting out MQs is awesome and I am happy for him.

The arguing of who is the best is just useless.And the whole "Arena Star" thing. I think it is awesome. And they obviously said it was an inside joke.

Exactly well put Lance <3

Now all just try to keep it on-topic ;) there are too many players around to consider one the best but I am pretty sure nobody comes close to what Datis has achieved on hc though :)

But ty all again for all the love and hate :)
Gold: 40,394.93
Oct 27 2009 01:59pm
Quote (danomak @ Oct 27 2009 02:28pm)
Code
HoegaHoega Hardcore 38 Warlock 1 minutes, 31 seconds ago

It is hard to say for certain.

Seconds later:

Code
HoegaHoega Hardcore 40 Warlock 2 minutes, 43 seconds ago

Confirmed it, obvious answer is obvious!

Seconds later lol.

Quote (danomak @ Oct 27 2009 02:54pm)
While to the blind observer Roy may be the obvious favourite, there is a very dynamic balance to it all:

First there is Timwam.  In the long run Roy might get him on the 2 for 1 gp pace and by hooking Tim on glyphing, but he cannot be discounted as when push comes to shove he can slap sleep in her pretty face harder than Bobby Brown.

Jason always seems to pass Timwam.  It is a fact of life. 

Adam is going to reset hardcore.  That is 200 points + all previous passes and makes him a heavy favourite.

Amber has as good a shot as any, but I think she would get embarrassed when I start messing with other people at the ice cream social just to see their reactions.

Then there is the dark horse, yes I'm gonna put it out there... Bryan.  He is Roy's sworn enemy.  He would deny himself sleep for a month if it meant preventing Roy from getting something.

And then there's Safmy, nuff said :D

Again, don't you dare beat me to 400 roy!
Gold: 22,397.83
Oct 27 2009 02:06pm
Quote (Safmy @ Oct 27 2009 02:59pm)
Seconds later lol.

And then there's Safmy, nuff said :D

Again, don't you dare beat me to 400 roy!

I'm pretty sure that both of us are already well above 1k gps, so I left us out of the conversation.

I went with the conversion ratio of 1 dano gp = 1 saf gp = 100 gps of anyone else. Pretty standard ... for some reason Paul refuses to incorporate that standard and I don't know why.
Gold: 353.80
Oct 27 2009 02:17pm
Quote (danomak @ Oct 27 2009 02:07pm)
Are you sure that he has put in more time?  Roy didn't start hc till very late in the season.  Joshie has been playing there since the beginning.  Again this is the problem with trying to compare apples to oranges and making blanket statements about who is the best at something.  Then you totally forget about all the Dream companion guys who turn out mqs like a sweat shop, amazing stuff.   

Everyone has their own opinions.  Roy is the craziest clicker I have ever seen.  Whether it be knocking out 3 minute levels on his Warlock, or power clicking his hc Ninja passed Tim, or just driving like a beast through the maze.

Roy has put more time in, I'm not talking about when they started playing HC slasher, I'm talking about the time they spend slashing every day.

Let me restate that I'm not trying to take away from Roy and his astounding LS accomplishments, just saying that he is not the best HC slasher. How can you even consider a game that only involves clicking and luck skill? I say Joshie is the best only simply because he has gone through struggles with HC slasher and still keeps at it. If you really want to consider someone the best, then the best is the person who doesn't have a life and spends hour on end clicking everyday. That person, whoever decides to hide from the real world and click all day, is the best Slasher. But best is really only an opinion, no real best. Its not like basketball or football where its a lot more clear to determine who the best player is, its a damned computer game. Best is a matter of personal opinion, and in my opinion, its not Roy, even though he has amazing accomplishments with ladder slasher.
Gold: 115,250.00
Trader: Trusted
Oct 27 2009 02:25pm
Gratz! ^_^
Gold: 201,810.77
Oct 27 2009 02:48pm
Quote (AngelsSonad @ Oct 27 2009 01:31pm)
Royko > Texas

disagree...

but gz on 300 anyways roy :) haven't really slashed w/ you since SC like 6 months ago

This post was edited by joelmules on Oct 27 2009 02:48pm
Gold: 22,397.83
Oct 27 2009 03:24pm
Quote (WGFDark @ Oct 27 2009 03:17pm)
Roy has put more time in, I'm not talking about when they started playing HC slasher, I'm talking about the time they spend slashing every day.

Roy - 160ish hc mq attempts. Many with the best/quickest character possible. Others with some of the fastest cata groups around.

Joshie - 150ish hc mq attempts. Probably a good number done when there was no catas and also no heal charms (30-40ish). Also some done when there wasn't great gear available. Had the early advantage of finding some gear by being able to well anything at level 5ish without difficulty. More chances to mute.

Logic would dictate that Joshie has probably spent more time playing hc than Roy. Again as I explained earlier, the game has changes so much during season 1 of hardcore that it is impossible to really compare players... you acknowledge this ... but continue to do so.

How can you even consider a game that only involves clicking and luck skill?

Have you really never played this game? Have thought about a build? Sure, the gps you get at the end are based on some amount of luck. But skill and logical thought are a piece of what made many of the people so good, whereas so many others that have dumped a lot of fg into this game have failed... because they just couldn't adjust or figure out how to make a character work.

Let me restate that I'm not trying to take away from Roy and his astounding LS accomplishments, just saying that he is not the best HC slasher

Again I'm not either, I'm saying it is really futile to try and compare slashers these days as the game has changed so many times.

I say Joshie is the best only simply because he has gone through struggles with HC slasher and still keeps at it.

I have yet to meet a person who hasn't struggled at HC at some point and a lot of people have kept at it. You just described like 100+ players :(

If you really want to consider someone the best, then the best is the person who doesn't have a life and spends hour on end clicking everyday.

I don't want to. But this is a bad basis because if someone is clicking all day, but has no strategy and is doing 30 minute levels. Another person could easily spend 1/5th that time and do 5 minute levels and be better than them at the end of it.

That person, whoever decides to hide from the real world and click all day, is the best Slasher.

If Joshie didn't have a life, a girlfriend, and a job, he'd easily have the most MQ attempts on HC.

Is this a cheap shot at Roy or something? I don't understand what it has to do with any of this.

Its not like basketball or football where its a lot more clear to determine who the best player is, its a damned computer game.

So is the BCS.

Best is a matter of personal opinion, and in my opinion, its not Roy

Back to square 1, you still think there is a best :bonk:

I'm sure that Roy is adulated to hear that it is not him and that he may not have a "life" and is hiding from the real world. The fact that you suffixed it with gratz real cushions the blow.

It is like the reverse of: Now I don't mean to offend you, but ...

This post was edited by danomak on Oct 27 2009 03:28pm
Gold: 353.80
Oct 27 2009 05:23pm
Quote (danomak @ Oct 27 2009 05:24pm)
Roy - 160ish hc mq attempts.  Many with the best/quickest character possible. Others with some of the fastest cata groups around.

Joshie - 150ish hc mq attempts.  Probably a good number done when there was no catas and also no heal charms (30-40ish).  Also some done when there wasn't great gear available.  Had the early advantage of finding some gear by being able to well anything at level 5ish without difficulty.  More chances to mute.

Logic would dictate that Joshie has probably spent more time playing hc than Roy.  Again as I explained earlier, the game has changes so much during season 1 of hardcore that it is impossible to really compare players... you acknowledge this ... but continue to do so. 

Over time, but per day of HC slashing, Roy has undoubtably spent more time than Joshie, he MQs 1-2 times a day, where joshie barely gets a MQ in once every other day because he is busy with his real life

Have you really never played this game?  Have thought about a build?  Sure, the gps you get at the end are based on some amount of luck.  But skill and logical thought are a piece of what made many of the people so good, whereas so many others that have dumped a lot of fg into this game have failed... because they just couldn't adjust or figure out how to make a character work.

Point builds barely affect what you are doing if you have amazing gear.  Look at some of the DC players.  Some of them sacrifice points of dexterity and strength to build vitality up to 100, but because they have such strong gear, they can afford it.

Again I'm not either, I'm saying it is really futile to try and compare slashers these days as the game has changed so many times.

Yet you feel the need to continue arguing with me about this because I just disagreed with someone else about saying that Roy is the best.

I have yet to meet a person who hasn't struggled at HC at some point and a lot of people have kept at it.  You just described like 100+ players :(

I know a lot of players who have quit because of a rip.  You actually have 2 in your guild that I know of that quit at one point because they ripped.  NONE have lost the gear that Joshie has lost though, even though it was his friends, I feel that would make someone feel worst about ripping a character.  If you really think someone has had more expensive single character rip than Joshie had, I would like to see this (with the exception of DC's mass catacomb RIP).

I don't want to.  But this is a bad basis because if someone is clicking all day, but has no strategy and is doing 30 minute levels.  Another person could easily spend 1/5th that time and do 5 minute levels and be better than them at the end of it. 

Some people do 5 minute levels for about 30 minutes, then have real life things to attend to.  Such as Joshie and many others.

Is this a cheap shot at Roy or something?  I don't understand what it has to do with any of this. 

No, it is not.  Do you think Roy spends too much time slashing or something?  Otherwise you wouldn't have brought this up.  Plenty of other people get annoyed with Roy, I'm not here to bash him, I am just opposing arguments of what others think about Roy being the best slasher.  I can have my opinion, can't I?

So is the BCS.

BCS is not a computer game, it is ranks made from computers but in the end it is based on real life events.  This isn't helping your argument.

Back to square 1, you still think there is a best  :bonk:

I'm sure that Roy is adulated to hear that it is not him and that he may not have a "life" and is hiding from the real world.  The fact that you suffixed it with gratz real cushions the blow. 

It is like the reverse of:  Now I don't mean to offend you, but ...

I'm saying if there was a best, then it is not Roy. He is up there but I really wouldn't say he is the best, but since he is your friend and in your guild, you would want to believe that.

This post was edited by WGFDark on Oct 27 2009 05:24pm
Gold: 12.01
Oct 27 2009 05:28pm
Quote (WGFDark @ Oct 28 2009 12:23am)
I'm saying if there was a best, then it is not Roy. He is up there but I really wouldn't say he is the best, but since he is your friend and in your guild, you would want to believe that.

seems pretty clear to me that Dano was stating that an argument for best hc slasher is rather irrelevant, should take the time to read people's posts before quoting them it's gm
this topic though is for one of my fav guildies and his Gp milestone within the guild, love slashing alongside him keeps me moving along when otherwise might stumble

and for the record i have met a lot of great people on hc and sc for that matter, fortunate to have so many good folks about
grats again Roy race you to 1k
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll