d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Question About Farming
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11,478.10
Aug 3 2024 07:02am
Quote (ToughGuy_TJ @ 4 Aug 2024 00:23)
This is a bit convoluted, can you restate it more clearly so I can understand and learn

Thx!

So true... sorry for my behavior.

A Map dimension is constant based on the Tier (level)
... You can identify the level of completing it vs the Dimension of a Catacomb.
A Catacomb dimension increases based on your character level, which is larger than a Map.
A Trap door dimension increases based on Minimum / Maximum level of the monster by 3+, so clearing this catacomb means you will be higher level. (Note: have not tested this, but I believe it follows on with the next catacomb dimension increase based on the TD).

Maps and Dimensions are set, and you can identify the Level range to complete them more accurately than a normal catacomb because each step you take in a Map can be a Monster spawn (dependent on mods of course). Also, you need 1 million experience points per level and every level. A catacomb is random for monster spawns even back tracking, Maps are constant, you back track, no monsters spawn.

Maps monster cap makes it easier to identify how many maps you can complete before it is pointless to clear at your characters level, thus you move on to a higher level map with lower dimensions.

Mods of course make a difference, but remember one thing... an Evil Presence only gives double experience points of a Normal monster. This is fact.
Gold: 11,478.10
Aug 3 2024 07:42am
Insignificant note:

Map & Catacomb... the very first square spawns NOTHING.
Map & Catacomb... the very last square differs.
... Map = Treasure Chest 100% of the time with no other things like monsters spawning etc.
... Catacomb = A map +++ nothing, a normal monster wave, an EP wave, an Emblem, a Trap Door, a Warm light etc included.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll