d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Botting 101 > Do It Legally
Prev116171819Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,863.56
Jan 7 2010 08:28am
Quote (jlhromeo @ Jan 7 2010 10:26am)
I agree with you that spam topics get tolerated here, its just there has been a lot of buzz about bots lately, and I don't think this was a necessary topic. I have nothing against you at all, and I hope you dont take this as a personal attack against you, I would feel the same way if another mod or normal unknown user posted this.

Now someone in my own guild is being accused of botting, and I do not appreciate it very much. We run an honest bunch, if someone was suspected of botting they would get the boot.

My only point I am trying to make out of all of this: topics that talk about botting, regardless if they are serious or a joke, get everyone stirred up about it.

I won't post in here again, and I can only hope you see where I stand, and don't take my posts as a threat or attack towards you personally, because they are far from that.

Oh, lighten up :FUME: !!!!
Gold: 7,197.77
Warn: 10%
Jan 7 2010 09:57am
Quote (jlhromeo @ Jan 7 2010 03:26pm)
My only point I am trying to make out of all of this:  topics that talk about botting, regardless if they are serious or a joke, get everyone stirred up about it.

Firstly, I agree that public accusations and flames against people under suspicion
as seen on various other threads are not helping to contribute improving the situation.

These issues can and should be reported directly to the authorities in charge as they got the means to investigate.
On the contrary, strict censorship about this topic in general as you suggest is contra productive.
But it is certainly a question of how you deal with it or write such a topic, it needs a good touch and perception

However, no one was ever accused here and if you read the whole text and a bunch of comments properly
you should notice the obvious difference of this topic and that it is clearly to be distinguished from others.

It goes far beyond the forum itself or illegial botting, which is a topic of interest lately.

In contrast, this thread is a smart response to recent developments, namely parodies those inappropriate threads which have been made
and at the same time transferring things over to real life in a special way to add a personal and more mature point of view.
The keyword is irony.

Those few people who carried troubles in here just didnt understand the intention of this thread or arent capable to read properly.
Sometimes, it helps to invest the time to think first about what has been stated and post afterwards or not bother posting at all...

A good sense of humor is a gift not everyone is blessed with and a very effective means
to speak out unspeakable or unpleasant topics in communities e.g. with a touch of irony.
It makes us laugh and at the same time encourages to think independent about what has been said hopefully,
as their is some deeper meaning in it which reflects reality and the truth behind.

If people just stay silent about problems and try to ignore it hoping for it to solve on its own, this doesnt help anything.
Thats why it needs people who have the courage to speak up and open their eyes to arise change for the better.

Not everyone can see that directly or get the joke, but all those who do understand ( which is the majority for sure )
certainly smiled about it and got the intention Marie had to write this. :)

Quote (MotherOfTwo @ Jan 7 2010 02:13pm)
Most people found my thread funny, and they are not kissing my ass (I'm retired, I have no more ass to be kissed :p )

With such a sexy one as you have, there are plenty of people who would just kiss it for the pure fun of it :kiss:
Gold: 100,730.73
Jan 7 2010 10:14am
I can agree with most of what you said. Having a real off week, so my apologies if I came across like a tightass.
Gold: 500.00
Jan 7 2010 03:58pm
I might have an illegitimate bot running around somewhere.

Forgot to put on my anti-detection :rofl:
Gold: 139.89
Jan 7 2010 05:23pm
lol gz Marie, need to fix its lieing prob ;)

Quote (jlhromeo @ Jan 7 2010 08:26am)
I agree with you that spam topics get tolerated here, its just there has been a lot of buzz about bots lately, and I don't think this was a necessary topic. I have nothing against you at all, and I hope you dont take this as a personal attack against you, I would feel the same way if another mod or normal unknown user posted this.

Now someone in my own guild is being accused of botting, and I do not appreciate it very much. We run an honest bunch, if someone was suspected of botting they would get the boot.

My only point I am trying to make out of all of this: topics that talk about botting, regardless if they are serious or a joke, get everyone stirred up about it.

I won't post in here again, and I can only hope you see where I stand, and don't take my posts as a threat or attack towards you personally, because they are far from that.

I would cry more if I was you

This post was edited by DDDPD on Jan 7 2010 05:24pm
Gold: 58.06
Jan 7 2010 06:24pm
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ Jan 4 2010 04:59pm)
http://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?i=20078

Read his profile. I am pretty sure he botted. And it was all text based back then. Someone with basic knowledge of VB could of botted it.

hmmm looks to me like he had more then one person on his account

from his blogs
not saying that thats the case but it seems so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My fg has been locked for over 1 week. I have to thank the one who accused me for multi-acc, and also the one who locked my fg, for their kindnesses, because they leaded me a normal, and real life. laugh.gif

During this period, I received tons of pm's, some of which were from med's, asking why I was locked. Well, well, they are realy nice guys. But I knew what I had done wrong, so I didn't have to bother any mod/admin, but to wait patiently here. My friends said sorry about the multi-acc. However it's not their faults. It's impossible to fight alone in LS, so we grouped together like other guild, but in a wrong way -- under same IP. Some players blamed me of ruining the game, saying that I cheated. Did I? I don't have to argue. Go ahead and ask Paul.

As far as the current process in LS is concerned, I hope my fg will be good when season 2 is reset. It's going to be a long and close battle in LS now, but I am pretty sure it will end faster than season one, even though Paul has tweaked a little bit to increase difficulty.

One funny thing is I still find my fg increasing, from roughly 5 to 55. It must be someone bought my stuff from market place. Hahaha. To bad that I can't donate it.

This post was edited by diablostoner on Jan 7 2010 06:37pm
Gold: 1,253.06
Jan 8 2010 03:34am
This threads still up? i think i rofld from it a few days ago..

Lawl at the kids who are so pissed over its Topic..

Pm How to get them to well..

If its sucessfull ill contemplate adopting.
Gold: 468.69
Jan 9 2010 09:05pm
ez
Gold: 8.00
Jan 9 2010 09:18pm
I still can't seem to get the coding working to even start a bot ><
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jan 10 2010 02:57pm
Roflmao Marie. I got a bot.