d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > My Suggestion Once Again > To Promote Ladderslasher
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 5,718.01
Jul 14 2010 05:46pm
Quote (RoX_OwnZ-YoU @ Jul 14 2010 01:39pm)
im indifferent to the suggestion...but that part scares me...

I agree Just what we need a even larger percentile of this community being mouthy little bitches Just for that part I'm with rick

Hell No
Gold: 9,321.80
Jul 14 2010 06:32pm
Quote (snsd @ Jul 15 2010 01:18am)
I've suggested this in the past a few times but i still believe this idea is a good incentive for more people to play this game.

Guild points are just accumulation of points that is virtually useless except competing for a higher standing among other guilds. But what if guild points can be used for something more?

I suggest that guild points can be used as a "currency", aka guild gold, to benefit the guild. This does not mean the points will be reduced each time you use it to purchase something.

Things that can be purchased would be like guild name rainbow orbs, guild vault transfers, and many other guild related stuff or perks for the game.

I would also like to suggest that the currency be very rare, as in 1 guild gold per attempt or if guild points = guild gold then make prices of items be expensive to make guild gold another incentive to continue to play the game.

The idea is decent... but I did vote NO based on a few things:
1. Guilds buying MQs...
2. Vault purchasing with GPgold is not removing FG out of the system
3. Rainbow coloured Guild names will just be a nightmare to view on each individuals information (on the left side of screen)
4. Other Guild perks or whatever takes FG out of the system, this doesn't

Basically... if this was introduced... it would be giving away things for FREE... and there is too much benefits from your suggestion and thus it would be manipulated big time.

Now... if you wanted something similar... why not make "Rewards" for certain GPs earned?

500 Guild Points = 1 extra Slot space when you rent a Vault (example... 100fg = 26 slots instead of 25)
1000 Guild Points = 1 extra Day when renting Guild transfer days. (example... 100fg = 8 transfer days instead of 7)

This is something that MAYBE of better use.

Quote (snsd @ Jul 15 2010 01:18am)
I've suggested this in the past a few times but i still believe this idea is a good incentive for more people to play this game.

Guild points are just accumulation of points that is virtually useless except competing for a higher standing among other guilds. But what if guild points can be used for something more?

I suggest that guild points can be used as a "currency", aka guild gold, to benefit the guild. This does not mean the points will be reduced each time you use it to purchase something.

Things that can be purchased would be like guild name rainbow orbs, guild vault transfers, and many other guild related stuff or perks for the game.

I would also like to suggest that the currency be very rare, as in 1 guild gold per attempt or if guild points = guild gold then make prices of items be expensive to make guild gold another incentive to continue to play the game.

Quote (WGFDark @ Jul 15 2010 12:34pm)
my suggestion for LS is to try to go more public with it. eventually LS will die unless a much larger number of people join LS

Ummm... this lost me somewhat... who is who here?

Snsd posted suggestion
WGFDark is stating that it is his suggestion?

Lost.

LS is public... only people look to the games they like to play and totally ignore what is in front of them.
Do you want to make the name stand out?

Make it flash when people login or even open a page... every single one... then that is making it public... no matter what forum they go to...

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jul 14 2010 06:39pm
Gold: 353.80
Jul 14 2010 06:34pm
my suggestion for LS is to try to go more public with it. eventually LS will die unless a much larger number of people join LS
Gold: 52,393.89
Jul 14 2010 07:12pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jul 14 2010 08:32pm)
3. Rainbow coloured Guild names will just be a nightmare to view on each individuals information (on the left side of screen)

You can turn rainbow colors on names off in the options. First thing I did on this site was go into options and disable that, along with sigs/avatars. Who really needs to scroll twice as long and see twice as much bull just to trade? or even when not trading, that stuff isn't needed at all

Funny how the site itself has some really nice options, but LS lacks almost any option

Edit - I'd also recommend putting number of posts per page to the maximum, makes it faster to scan stuff

This post was edited by KakeWalk on Jul 14 2010 07:17pm
Gold: 19,335.48
Jul 14 2010 07:20pm
i kinda like it but i think it should be based on how many guild points your guild has

like maybe at 1k guild point your guild can have a chat room ( i know we already have this im using as example)

and at 2k guild points your guild can have etc...

and i think if guilds are lazy and don't want to earn the gp's there self and buy mq's

THATS A GOOD THING!!?!?! it helps newer players get fg and motivates them to continue slashing if they can make fg thats what made this game so popular in the first place was the ability to make fg

it will help new players from other guilds want to get gp's whether buying them or getting them there selfs

but i don't think it should be like currency but more like once you hit a certain amount of gp's you unlock some new guild ability

i voted yes but i think it needs to be changed a bit
Gold: 30.00
Jul 14 2010 07:25pm
FG dissapearing from the system = good for the general jsp economy (People is constantly buying fg which means fg needs to get out of the system aswell to avoid inflation)

Less fg dissapering form the sytem = bad for the general jsp economy

This is why this probably wont happen.
Gold: 3,124.55
Jul 14 2010 07:32pm
Thanks for all the input. My suggestion is like all suggestions and will have flaws.

However, when i thought about the exploit that was mentioned, i didn't think it was it was a huge problem because guilds did and may still buy guild points to compete for a higher standing on the guild ladder.

This suggestion does favor the guilds that are larger or faster at getting guild points. Therefore the already established ls guilds will have an advantage.

My suggestion will bring competition among the guilds but even the non competitive guilds will play ls for a chance at getting perks.

Also if the non ls guilds wish to "exploit" this by buying gps for gg (guild gold), it will in the end bring fg into the ls community.

Gold: 1,123.80
Jul 14 2010 08:43pm
Quote (Paparick @ Jul 14 2010 07:55am)
:EVILLOL:

Here you go:

HELL NO!!!

^^^^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^^
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll